No announcement yet.

Life360 PI Feature Requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John, would you consider adding the ability to create places within HS3? I.e., a latitude/longitude pair with radius, along with flat-earth distance calculation to set the Location device status (or a separate Location device) when the Life360 reported location enters or leaves the radius?

I recognize this duplicates capability of the app, but the purpose is to allow the PI user to quickly create and delete places within HS3.

Thank you.

-Wade
    -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
      John, would you consider adding the ability to create places within HS3? I.e., a latitude/longitude pair with radius, along with flat-earth distance calculation to set the Location device status (or a separate Location device) when the Life360 reported location enters or leaves the radius?

I recognize this duplicates capability of the app, but the purpose is to allow the PI user to quickly create and delete places within HS3.

Thank you.

-Wade
      The plugin does not have the ability to modify/alter any Life360 data. The API is read-only. However you may look at PHLocation2 plugin as it also supports Life360 and it also has it's own "locations" data. This won't add to your Life360 data but it would converge the information for event usage.

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post

The plugin does not have the ability to modify/alter any Life360 data. The API is read-only. However you may look at PHLocation2 plugin as it also supports Life360 and it also has it's own "locations" data. This won't add to your Life360 data but it would converge the information for event usage.
        To clarify, I didn't mean that the PI would modify the app data; rather, the places created within the PI and the distance calc would be local only. But by your description it sounds like PHLocation2 provides what I'm looking for. Thanks.
        -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post

To clarify, I didn't mean that the PI would modify the app data; rather, the places created within the PI and the distance calc would be local only. But by your description it sounds like PHLocation2 provides what I'm looking for. Thanks.
          I hate to advertise "other" plugins, but that one does what you are wanting already. If I started adding things like local places and distance calculations then I'd have to add additional items and before too long it would just be a copy of PHLocation2....

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post

I hate to advertise "other" plugins, but that one does what you are wanting already. If I started adding things like local places and distance calculations then I'd have to add additional items and before too long it would just be a copy of PHLocation2....
            Understood. Thanks again.
            -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by mbg0333 View Post
              Any thought on the ability to implement this?

Been avoiding making a bunch of timers if this could be included in the plug in.
              Do you want this in Epoch time or Human Readable? I can provide the startTimeStamp / endTimeStamp for a location entry of latitude/longitude.

Comment

Working...
              X