Errors When Connecting to Life360 - Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Errors When Connecting to Life360 - Linux

When I click the "Connect" button, I receive an error in the Log. Devices are never created for my users. I am running HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.434 (Linux).

Here's the log entries:
    Jul-28 12:20:52 Error Posting back to plugin web page Life360Config: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.-> at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke (System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy rp, IMessage msg, System.Exception& exc, System.Object[]& out_args) [0x00000] in :0
    Jul-28 12:20:52 Life360 Debug Connecting to Life360...
    Jul-28 12:20:52 Life360 Debug Button: Create Devices Pressed

What version of the plugin? If not running the latest look in the Beta section and please update. That version has fixes for some common issue. Currently waiting for the new version to be posted to the normal updater.

Comment

Version 1.2.0.72 of the plugin. I also just updated HS3 to Pro Edition 3.0.0.460 (Linux). Now, when I try to start the plugin, I get this error message in the Plugin Manager page:

WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from Life360 - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.

Before, it would start the plugin, but show the error message in the Log only (error is still appearing in log now as well).

Comment

I uninstalled the plugin, removed all config files related to it. Then, reinstalled. During install, this message is shown in the Log:
        Jul-28 14:16:37 Error Initializing plug-in(2): Life360 Instance::Error reading JObject from JsonReader. Path '', line 0, position 0.STACK: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke (System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy rp, IMessage msg, System.Exception& exc, System.Object[]& out_args) [0x00000] in :0

Comment

That is usually from malformed Json being returned.

If you just upgraded HS3 to version .460 I don't know if that may or may not be something to look at. I can suggest the following until I can upgrade my dev box to .460

1. Check configuration settings making sure username/password are there
          2. Stop the plugin and check your process listing (ps -ef |grep -i life360) to ensure the plugin is actually stopped. If not kill the process
          3. Start the plugin and see if you get the error.

It may also be a transient error from the malformed JSON from Life360 and it may not repeat. Are the devices updating correctly or just continuously getting that JsonReader error?

Comment

I was receiving the errors prior to upgrading to .460. I also have a Windows HS3 running. Plugin installs and functions without issue. (By the way, this is a great plugin, thank you!!)

I followed your instructions, still receiving the error in the log. It continues to show the error and the devices are never created (on the Linux machine).

Comment

Originally posted by Lee_L View Post
              Version 1.2.0.72 of the plugin. I also just updated HS3 to Pro Edition 3.0.0.460 (Linux). Now, when I try to start the plugin, I get this error message in the Plugin Manager page:

WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from Life360 - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.

Before, it would start the plugin, but show the error message in the Log only (error is still appearing in log now as well).
              That error message is a license error. Did you get a corresponding License error in the log?

I just installed on my Linux box running .449 and it installed correctly and created the devices as normal. Let me upgrade to .460 and see what happens. Scratch that... I'm having some weird errors on Linux as well.... I'm investigating...

Comment

I'm seeing a lot of weird things on Linux and Windows after the update to .460. The PI is creating the devices but during the update it's skipping them as if they don't exist. I'm going to downgrade my HS3 box after some sleep and then do some more testing to compare.

Comment

I've sent several emails to HS support. What I have found so far is this.

Linux:
                  v .425 works fine
                  Everything greater than .425 is having issues. The plugin loads and creates the root devices and child devices initially. Never updates them. It's as if they are not selected or like they don't exist.

I have re-installed my test box with everything from .425 up to .460 and the only thing that works is .425 ever since then something is broken and not working correctly. I have not been able to isolate if it's a plugin issue or HS issue. All testing has been done on the same VM with the same version of Mono.

I have also found that if I delete the devices. Then have the plugin re-create them they are duplicated. I think this is due to the HSD not being updated as quickly as it used to be.

Oddly if I run it as a remote plugin... executing from my Windows system connecting to my HS3 Linux box then everything works.

Windows:
                  Works fine on all versions I've tested with including latest .460

I'm still running the tests but so far I have no "good" answer or fix.

Comment

Found some interesting quirks with Linux. However I re-read your post. Only click the "Connect" button once. You don't click it again after you have connected to Life360 the first time. I'm gonna have to change that button.

If you end up with duplicate devices after clicking the button you will have to go through and delete the duplicates. IF you have a lot of them it's easier to select all devices and UNCHECK the root devices for each member and then delete all of the children. They will be automatically re-created on the next refresh.

I'm planning a large change in how devices are handled anyways.

Comment

Any updates on this issue, did you find a solution to fix this problem, I have the same error on HS3 Pro (SEL) Edition 3.0.0.534.

Comment

Originally posted by salemsw View Post
                        Any updates on this issue, did you find a solution to fix this problem, I have the same error on HS3 Pro (SEL) Edition 3.0.0.534.

What version of Mono? If this is a stock SEL that would be your first step. If you have duplicate devices then delete the duplicates and restart the plugin. If you have more than 1000 devices in your system you may need to increase the polling interval to greater than 1 minute.

Comment

Mono JIT compiler version 3.2.8 (Debian 3.2.8+dfsg-4ubuntu1)

Comment

Originally posted by salemsw View Post
                            Mono JIT compiler version 3.2.8 (Debian 3.2.8+dfsg-4ubuntu1)
                            Definitely need to upgrade Mono. Current stable version is 5.20.1.19.

Comment

what is the best way you suggest to upgrade, i tried to follow the instructions on this page without chance:
                              https://helpdesk.homeseer.com/articl...-sel-to-mono-5

I have a lot of events and I hope upgrading to the new mono will not affect them.

Comment

Working...
                              X