Periodic Error Message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Periodic Error Message

Seeing an error in HS3 log. Not sure what to make of it, but I thought I'd post it.

Code:
    File Move: Config/Life360/life360places.confSystem.IO.IOException: Sharing violation on path Config/Life360/life360places.conf at System.IO.File.Move (System.String sourceFileName, System.String destFileName) [0x0010f] in <7b0d87324cab49bf96eac679025e77d1>:0 at HSPI_Life360.CurrentPlugin.UpdatePlacesConf () [0x001a6] in :0
    My Setup (Latest Beta of Life360 installed):
    Code:
    Current Date/Time: 1/7/2019 1:30:36 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.478
    Linux version: Linux hs3server 4.15.0-43-generic #46-Ubuntu SMP Thu Dec 6 14:45:28 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 6 Days 10 Hours 50 Minutes 29 Seconds
    Number of Devices: 134
    Number of Events: 31
    Available Threads: 199
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed: 

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.54: EasyTrigger
    1.4.0.1: Honeywell WiFi Thermostat
    2.0.2.8: JowiHue
    1.2.1.12: Life360
    3.0.1.249: Z-Wave

How often are you getting this error?

The plugin does a file move of the places conf file to keep a backup. It would appear that the move operation is taking too long to complete and the plugin on next update is trying to move the same file again which would lead to the system (IO) running REALLY slow.

How often do you have the PI polling set to?

Comment

Hi Simplex. Absolutely no error after a server reboot. The polling is set at the default 1 min. Would increasing this help if I see the error pop up again? Oh, and as for how often it was happening before it was very periodic - maybe 2-3 times per day at most. Not really concerning, as the events that are utilizing it haven't had any trouble firing.

Comment

1 minute is fine and should not be a problem. I'm wondering if this is a IO access issue with Mono or perhaps an early indication of a disk problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post
          1 minute is fine and should not be a problem. I'm wondering if this is a IO access issue with Mono or perhaps an early indication of a disk problem?
          I hope it's not the disk. It is new, but it wouldn't be the first new disk to fail. I'll certainly check that out. I just started reading up on debugging and logging with Mono after reading your post. I'll gather some information from that after I get my bearings and post findings. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by pcburcham View Post

I hope it's not the disk. It is new, but it wouldn't be the first new disk to fail. I'll certainly check that out. I just started reading up on debugging and logging with Mono after reading your post. I'll gather some information from that after I get my bearings and post findings. Thanks for your help!
            There has now been a second report of the same IO error from another user. Same error and they are running Linux as well. I'm starting to wonder if this is a Mono thing.

Comment

I updated mono to 5.18.0.225 and haven't had the error message since. That's going on 3 days now.

Comment

Originally posted by pcburcham View Post
                I updated mono to 5.18.0.225 and haven't had the error message since. That's going on 3 days now.
                Please keep me posted on this. I've noticed a few issues with the plugin and a couple others of mine on Linux that I'm watching.

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post

Please keep me posted on this. I've noticed a few issues with the plugin and a couple others of mine on Linux that I'm watching.
                  Will do. I've been actively monitoring the log files since updating.

Comment

Working...
                  X