Event to Leave Loaction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event to Leave Loaction

hello, does some have an event example that there using to notify by email when someone leaves a location? or leaves between a certain time? i want to set this up for our daughter's school so if she leaves during school hours(ex 9a-5p) or leaves school at anytime after arriving since she has after hours practice? That it would send one email when she leaves and not multiple emails because she is not at school the rest of the day. Any examples would be appreciated

update:: i attached the one im trying to use with easytrigger. life360, i tried to set a time using easytrigger time range first but it wouldn't work so i had to use a VR button, which confuses me why HS and ISY differ to me... but i want to see if if there was a better way
    Attached Files

Comment

I can only recommend to start simple and expand the conditions. You should also verify whether or not the "In Transit" device works with your particular phone that is being used. The only way to do this would be to check the device when you know the person is "In Transit" and verify that it is reporting information to Life360.

Comment

We have S7,Note8,and Iphone 6 and so far they all report "in transit" I thought that I had "in transit" because of my premium plan so thanks for letting me know its by phone, I may upgrade to next level so the Driving one works to give me more options. From what you see does this look like it will work, I couldn't find an option that would trigger when someone leaves a location just enters. I wish 360 had better accuracy on my S7, sometimes my wife is home and talking to me when it says she has finally made it home but having this plug in will be an awesome tool to help make sure lights and other devices are off when no one is home..

Comment

Originally posted by ocyberbum View Post
          We have S7,Note8,and Iphone 6 and so far they all report "in transit" I thought that I had "in transit" because of my premium plan so thanks for letting me know its by phone, I may upgrade to next level so the Driving one works to give me more options. From what you see does this look like it will work, I couldn't find an option that would trigger when someone leaves a location just enters. I wish 360 had better accuracy on my S7, sometimes my wife is home and talking to me when it says she has finally made it home but having this plug in will be an awesome tool to help make sure lights and other devices are off when no one is home..
          There are capabilities that Life360 advertises that are spotty and do not always work as expected. Those would be the additional devices like In Transit, Is Driving which are highly dependent on the phone sensor sensitivity and capabilities. I have had problems between phones of the exact make/model bought at the same time. One worked great and the other still does not.

The only "leaving trigger" is changing to Away. The enter would be a Place and anything else is Away.

For the greatest in accuracy and speed we also run Simplex Locate. This is a DIY/IOT professional quality GPS system. This is not a free service but it is highly available and in use world wide by commercial and government entities for GPS services. However even with this if using a phone you are still at the mercy of the capabilities/quality of the phone and sensors. Simplex Locate is unique in we support over 1500+ hardware devices like OBDII plug-ins for GPS tracking. Currently there is no HS3 plugin available but it is in development. In the meantime I have worked with Sooty to ensure we work with PHLocation2

Comment

i am not to familiar with this tech yet so 360 has been showing what possibilities there are and is not expensive, I hope your plug in will be a good value that we can get for 3 people and maybe a dog, i have been watching this samsung tag below hoping someone will find away for HS3 to use that since its a budget friendly a month/and looks to be more more accurate then 360.
            i tested the leaving school event and it worked but the delays make it hard to get a real idea of when someone actually left so ill keep tinkering with 360 and see what your next plug in will be like

sM-V110AZWAATT
            SmartThings Tracker https://www.samsung.com/us/smart-hom...5d014a0a24060e

Comment

Working...
            X