Life360 Location child device -- status vs string

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life360 Location child device -- status vs string

The plugin correctly created the Location child device with value/status pairs for my 2 defined locations as well as for Away. When not in a defined location, the PI appears to set the location device string as "Away: [nearest known address]" which makes sense. The device string replacement variable correctly contains this "value". What I don't understand is why the device status replacement variable also has the address appended. Shouldn't it just be "Away" as defined in the value/status pair?
    -Wade

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
    The plugin correctly created the Location child device with value/status pairs for my 2 defined locations as well as for Away. When not in a defined location, the PI appears to set the location device string as "Away: [nearest known address]" which makes sense. The device string replacement variable correctly contains this "value". What I don't understand is why the device status replacement variable also has the address appended. Shouldn't it just be "Away" as defined in the value/status pair?
    Screenshot and system info please

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	45
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	1276659

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	42
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	1276655Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	1276656

Name:	Capture3.PNG
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	1276657

Name:	Capture4.PNG
Views:	44
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	1276658
      -Wade

Comment

If an address is provided by Life360 that is included in the status text but the location does not match a "Place" therefore it's marked as Away. This was intentional as the Away is used for events but the provided address is part of the status text providing a user informational of the location. If no address is provided by Life360 for the current location then there will be no status text.

Comment

Could the address be written only to the device string rather than the status, allowing the status to be as defined in the value/status pair (i.e., just "Away" in this case)? Perhaps it's uncommon but for my purpose it would be preferable that the two variables' contents remain distinct.
          -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
            Could the address be written only to the device string rather than the status, allowing the status to be as defined in the value/status pair (i.e., just "Away" in this case)? Perhaps it's uncommon but for my purpose it would be preferable that the two variables' contents remain distinct.
            It is possible but it would change the plugin for everyone. As of yet you are the first to comment or have issue with the way it is. If others want it changed then I can change it.

Comment

Ok thanks.
              -Wade

Comment

Working...
              X