Plugin issues with HS3 3.0.0.478

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin issues with HS3 3.0.0.478

I have just performed some regression testing against the HS3 Beta versions that I still have. Simplex Technology plugins have issues with HS3 Beta Version 3.0.0.478. If you are running Beta .478 and have issues the problem is something within HS3. I'm going to bring this to support to find out what else was changed between beta .473 and 478.

HS3 Version Status
    3.0.0.460 Pass
    3.0.0.470 Pass
    3.0.0.473 Pass
    3.0.0.478 Fail

If you are having any issues such as duplicated devices or parent/child relationship issues this occurs with HS3 Beta .478

Looks like .489 is working.

On first connect the parent child relationship was completely messed up. I did stop the plugin, delete devices, start plugin and connect to create the root devices and on the second attempt everything was created correctly. I repeated this again and it worked correctly.

Comment

I'll have to dig up some old threads, but 489 might have had some additional logging for an issue with which Rich was working with some.

It was to do with the Callback Queue. I found the post

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...09#post1273809
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Around 478 we added some code to check the parent/child relationship and fix them if they are messed up. For example, a root device that does not have any children but children that reference that root device so it assigns the children to that root. But I have removed that code in build 493 so please try this build and see if the problem is still there.

http://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_493.msi
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
          Around 478 we added some code to check the parent/child relationship and fix them if they are messed up. For example, a root device that does not have any children but children that reference that root device so it assigns the children to that root. But I have removed that code in build 493 so please try this build and see if the problem is still there.

I ran some testing with 493 - it seems good. I emailed you the details of the testing and information.

Comment

I am currently in 478. What is the best way to run the Update to 493 ?

Just shutdown HS3 and run the file? or it is a better way?

Comment

Originally posted by sirexilon View Post

I am currently in 478. What is the best way to run the Update to 493 ?

Just shutdown HS3 and run the file? or it is a better way?
              Same process as all updates. However .493 is very new/fresh so as always with beta's of any kind it's at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post

Same process as all updates. However .493 is very new/fresh so as always with beta's of any kind it's at your own risk.
                I guess then I can't find the regular update process. Can you point me in the right direction please?

Comment

I just found in another post that there's a Place for updates on the Setup Page, but I don't get that on top of the License. Can anybody help me to find out why I don't see updates? Maybe a check-mark I unchecked?
                  Here is how mine looks.

Comment

Beta versions are posted here:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...s-and-download

For Windows, you download the installer, for Linux you can update to a Beta from setup.

Originally posted by sirexilon View Post
                    I just found in another post that there's a Place for updates on the Setup Page, but I don't get that on top of the License. Can anybody help me to find out why I don't see updates? Maybe a check-mark I unchecked?
                    Here is how mine looks.

Comment

I believe this issue is now fixed, update your Z-Wave plugin to build 3.0.1.253 or later.

Comment

I believe this issue is now fixed, update your Z-Wave plugin to build 3.0.1.253 or later.
                        The latest in Beta is .252

Can you provide Release Notes on .253 and how the Z-Wave plugin is cross-affecting plugin devices?

Comment

I did update the release notes here:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...-release-notes

I simply released build 253 so its in the lighting section of the plugins page.

When the Z-Wave plugin starts it reads device info from its own database file and builds its own internal devices. For some reason this process restored the device relationship status and also called HS to set it. I really don't know why, looks like a bug, so I removed it. It was not doing it for all devices, looks like you might have had some old info in your z-wave DB.

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post

The latest in Beta is .252

Can you provide Release Notes on .253 and how the Z-Wave plugin is cross-affecting plugin devices?

Comment

I did update the release notes here:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...-release-notes

I simply released build 253 so its in the lighting section of the plugins page.

When the Z-Wave plugin starts it reads device info from its own database file and builds its own internal devices. For some reason this process restored the device relationship status and also called HS to set it. I really don't know why, looks like a bug, so I removed it. It was not doing it for all devices, looks like you might have had some old info in your z-wave DB.

It finally showed up on my system. I installed it and refreshed and everything went DEAD. None of my motion sensors were responding any longer. I'm doing a device scan now to see if that will clean up things. If not I'll revert back to .252.

I would say that .253 has issues.

Comment

I think this is sorted out now, I posted Z-Wave plugin 3.0.1.255 that should fix the issue where the root/child association gets lost when the plugin starts. Builds 253-254 only partially fixed the issue and broke the association in other ways. If you are running 253 or 254 please update to 255 as soon as possible to avoid issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X