Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plugin issues with HS3 3.0.0.478

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Make sure you have a fresh backup... I didn't...oh well...

    Comment


      #17
      If your system got messed up, shut down HS and copy over one of the backup HSD files to the main HSD file (the _# ones) and delete the file Z-Wave2.db in the Data folder. Then start HS. All should be as it was.

      Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post
      Make sure you have a fresh backup... I didn't...oh well...
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

      Comment


        #18
        Well, I don't recall this happening before.
        Jan-25 3:43:59 PM Z-Wave Warning A Z-Wave action in the event Locks Poll back door lock returned an incomplete (failed) result.
        Jan-25 3:43:59 PM Z-Wave Error Event Action Error: Event Locks Poll back door lock cannot POLL NODE because the device specified to be polled is not a Z-Wave parent or child device.
        Last edited by joegr; January 25, 2019, 04:54 PM. Reason: Okay. Looks like everything Z-wave has stopped working. I do have a backup to restore from when I get home...

        Comment


          #19
          I had the same issue of things going dead. I did a Scan existing devices (light) and things started working again.

          Comment


            #20
            New issues...

            After spending the day in between normal work and excluding devices I'm again excluding some devices just for testing and using the latest z-wave plugin .255 and on each EXCLUDE well it excludes... then it SCAN and CREATES NEW devices..... Something is seriously wrong with the z-wave plugin.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by rjh View Post
              If your system got messed up, shut down HS and copy over one of the backup HSD files to the main HSD file (the _# ones) and delete the file Z-Wave2.db in the Data folder. Then start HS. All should be as it was.
              I did this, but things still weren't working correctly.

              Originally posted by keithj69 View Post
              I had the same issue of things going dead. I did a Scan existing devices (light) and things started working again.
              After doing this too, it seems to be okay.

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post
                New issues...

                After spending the day in between normal work and excluding devices I'm again excluding some devices just for testing and using the latest z-wave plugin .255 and on each EXCLUDE well it excludes... then it SCAN and CREATES NEW devices..... Something is seriously wrong with the z-wave plugin.
                Have you tested to see if it is safe to revert to 3.0.1.252?

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by joegr View Post

                  Have you tested to see if it is safe to revert to 3.0.1.252?
                  If the damage is done you also have to restore the HS database otherwise the devices are still messed up.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post

                    If the damage is done you also have to restore the HS database otherwise the devices are still messed up.
                    Yes, as I said I did that, and I have it working now. I am just concerned about keeping it working. If I go back to version 252, will that cause any problems?

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by joegr View Post

                      Yes, as I said I did that, and I have it working now. I am just concerned about keeping it working. If I go back to version 252, will that cause any problems?
                      You would have to ask HST if there would be any problems. Like I said before I didn't have a good recent backup... I'm bad about that because my system is in flux constantly anyways.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X