Location placement on map?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Location placement on map?

Hello all. FIrst thank you for making this app, this is exactly what I need. My family are all on this app and what I was hoping was to be able to, using HS Touch Designer, design a screen where on the left side of the screen it has a picture icon of each family member. When someone clicks one of the icons, it displays a map (zoomable would be ideal) and a icon showing where the family member is. I would like it to automatically update the location every 3-5 minutes or so, as well as have the option to instantly update their location with the press of a button, or pressing the family member icon. Has anyone has any luck doing this or something similar? Thank you.

Originally posted by Jon19 View Post
    Hello all. FIrst thank you for making this app, this is exactly what I need. My family are all on this app and what I was hoping was to be able to, using HS Touch Designer, design a screen where on the left side of the screen it has a picture icon of each family member. When someone clicks one of the icons, it displays a map (zoomable would be ideal) and a icon showing where the family member is. I would like it to automatically update the location every 3-5 minutes or so, as well as have the option to instantly update their location with the press of a button, or pressing the family member icon. Has anyone has any luck doing this or something similar? Thank you.
    Thanks for the compliment on the plugin.

It sounds to me like you want the Life360.com website inside your HSTouch screen? You can try using a embedded page in a HSTouch screen perhaps within an iFrame. However all of the functionality you're looking for would be outside the scope of the plugin and into the realm of serious custom HSTouch Designer work. There is a "static map" device in the options which was added for use with HSTouch and there's also the Dynamic Map device available. I think HSTouch has issues with the dynamic content which is why the static map was requested.

Unfortunately I'm no good at UI design and I do very little with HSTouch so I would not be a good resource of HOWTO information in that area... sorry

Comment

Working...
    X