Trouble adding Places

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble adding Places

I have enjoyed using the plugin but I am having some issue with adding places. I have about 12 places entered. Sometimes as I enter new ones they do not show up as a Life360 location in events and sometimes they show up and delete older ones that I have already entered.

Originally posted by trader View Post
    I have enjoyed using the plugin but I am having some issue with adding places. I have about 12 places entered. Sometimes as I enter new ones they do not show up as a Life360 location in events and sometimes they show up and delete older ones that I have already entered.
    This is unusual. I'll have to see if the number of Status/Value pairs for a device has changed or what the max is. Maybe rjh can chime in if he see's this as to the max SV Pairs per device.

One thought is if they are too closely named? There may be something there, I thought that was resolved a long time ago but perhaps not. When you add more places do they get added to the Life360places.conf file?

Comment

Some of them are closely named.

Comment

Some of them are closely named.
        Are those the one's you're having issues with? Or does it seem almost random? Like the last in the list gets removed when a new one is added?

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post

Are those the one's you're having issues with? Or does it seem almost random? Like the last in the list gets removed when a new one is added?

It seems random. I had 2 similar named places and added another place that was totally different and one of the two similar named places disappeared. They were near the bottom but not at the bottom.

Comment

It seems random. I had 2 similar named places and added another place that was totally different and one of the two similar named places disappeared. They were near the bottom but not at the bottom.
            What version of the plugin are you running? Windows or Linux for HS3? HS3 version?

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post

What version of the plugin are you running? Windows or Linux for HS3? HS3 version?

I am running Life360 1.2.2.1 and Windows HS3 3.0.0.500

Comment

I am running Life360 1.2.2.1 and Windows HS3 3.0.0.500
                Thanks. So it's not an older version of the plugin. I did a quick test on HS3 .505 before that release but really I don't have 12+ places in Life360

I'll have to do a run through of checking if it's the number of status/value pairs that is the problem or if the names are somehow conflicting/overwriting which was fixed (or supposed to be) a long time ago. Can you PM me some of the names so I can see how close they are?

Comment

Working...
                X