Life360 Upgrade Path

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life360 Upgrade Path

I'm starting the planning for plugin updates. With these updates I'm going to be redoing the devices and how they are structured. This leads to the following options
    1. Plugin re-write keeping the same name/license and you must redo your events as the devices will be recreated
    2. New plugin name/license. Can be installed in parallel but it is a new license so you must pay for it.

Weigh in on your preference so I can gather input to aid in planning for development.

I just purchased this yesterday. Should I have waited?
    My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Resistor View Post
      I just purchased this yesterday. Should I have waited?
      No wait is needed. However I would advise to document your events as depending on the direction you may have to recreate them.

The goals is a massive cleanup over haul of the plugin to make it possible to add new features. I'd rather do the re-write keeping the same name/license and NOT require anyone to pay for a new version. However if there's an uproar of people not wanting their events to be destroyed and wanting a new version instead???

Comment

I'd take re-creating over re-purchasing.

Comment

Plugin rewrite...

Comment

Originally posted by MrMxyzptlk View Post
            Plugin rewrite...
            That is the plan... but there are two approaches. One requires you to re-create your events because the devices will change. The other will require a new purchase.... which one is what I'm looking for peoples input on.

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post
              I'm starting the planning for plugin updates. With these updates I'm going to be redoing the devices and how they are structured. This leads to the following options
              1. Plugin re-write keeping the same name/license and you must redo your events as the devices will be recreated
              2. New plugin name/license. Can be installed in parallel but it is a new license so you must pay for it.

Weigh in on your preference so I can gather input to aid in planning for development.
              I'd vote for #1.
              -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post

I'd vote for #1.
                Same here.

Comment

New fresh air is coming from the plugins authors all over the bord. That nice to see
                  Will likely wait to buy this plugin after the rewrite, as a backup option to geophency. Icloud can’t be stable with 2fa.

Comment

Recreate the events...

Comment

Definitely don't ask people to pay a 2nd time. That's nuts.

And while you're at it, please use the Device Type a little more sparingly so my list isn't full of Life 360 <person> <type> entries! Was just coming on here to ask for that and came across this thread... Personally I'd rather it just be "Life 360 Plugin" as the device type, but could see an argument for "Life 360 <type>" if you had a lot of people in your circles and wanted to just see the location devices, for example.

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
                        Definitely don't ask people to pay a 2nd time. That's nuts.

And while you're at it, please use the Device Type a little more sparingly so my list isn't full of Life 360 <person> <type> entries! Was just coming on here to ask for that and came across this thread... Personally I'd rather it just be "Life 360 Plugin" as the device type, but could see an argument for "Life 360 <type>" if you had a lot of people in your circles and wanted to just see the location devices, for example.
                        Oh darn I was going to add a another 100 or so to the Device Types.... booo

I'm asking for people's preference because it's not up to me. Keep the "Name" keeps the "License" if I change the name then that's a new license. I checked with HST before coming and asking...

Speaking of circles that's in the plans to add support for as well...

Comment

Just jumping in here to see how work is coming on Life360v2? I've been having issues with the current version disconnecting for no apparent reason. Debug logging gave me no insights, but before going on a long bug hunt, I thought I'd see if there was a beta in our near future.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Resistor View Post
                            Just jumping in here to see how work is coming on Life360v2? I've been having issues with the current version disconnecting for no apparent reason. Debug logging gave me no insights, but before going on a long bug hunt, I thought I'd see if there was a beta in our near future.
                            Define "disconnecting"? Disconnecting from what?

Comment

Log entry:
                              Jun-18 9:07:13 PM Warning Plugin Life360 is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
                              Jun-18 9:06:43 PM Warning Plugin Life360 is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
                              Jun-18 9:06:15 PM Warning Plugin Life360 is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
                              Jun-18 9:06:02 PM Info Plugin Life360 with instance: has disconnected
                              Jun-18 8:54:21 PM Life360 Warning Connection to Life360 Failed
                              Jun-18 8:30:22 PM Life360 Warning Connection to Life360 Failed

Comment

Working...
                              X