Setup/Configuration Assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setup/Configuration Assistance

I've implemented the Plug-in and its connected to my Life360 account. However, my associated devices don't seem to be behaving the way I would expect.

I have a Place designated as home. The plug-in is showing me at Home, however, the status identifier is not updating from Away.

I've attached a picture of what I'm seeing. Am I missing something in my setup?

Unfortunately I'm on my way out for a camping trip and I won't have access to try and help until Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by WhitW View Post
      I've implemented the Plug-in and its connected to my Life360 account. However, my associated devices don't seem to be behaving the way I would expect.

I have a Place designated as home. The plug-in is showing me at Home, however, the status identifier is not updating from Away.

I've attached a picture of what I'm seeing. Am I missing something in my setup?
      Can you provide some more information. Does the "Home" Place exist within Life360? Was it imported through the places import? Do you have duplicate devices? If you do then delete all of the duplicates and then restart the plugin.

Comment

I have defined "Home" and "Work" within Life360. I deleted all my devices, and then did a restart. After restarting, I re-connected, and did a Places import.

In looking at the log, I am seeing some errors (see attached),,,,

Comment

Originally posted by WhitW View Post
          I have defined "Home" and "Work" within Life360. I deleted all my devices, and then did a restart. After restarting, I re-connected, and did a Places import.

In looking at the log, I am seeing some errors (see attached),,,,
          There is no need on first install to do a manual Places import. The current version after the initial connect will import and add devices after the polling interval expires. You just setup, enable the plugin checkbox and select the checkboxes for the devices you want to be created and then wait for the polling interval and devices will be created. There is a current problem where duplicates will be created on the initial create. I suggest leaving it at just location devices at first polling and then delete the duplicates. Then add the other devices you want. This duplicate issue was introduced a few version of HS3 ago. A plugin re-write is in progress to fix those issues.

Comment

Working...
          X