X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life360 v3 Beta

Is anyone using/testing the new Beta???

I am (but you knew that)
    My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Yeah...

Comment

Yes, I am. Great improvement!

Comment

Originally posted by cfrudolphy View Post
          Yes, I am. Great improvement!
          Thank you.

I want to see how many have updated and if there's anymore current issue before I push this to release.

Comment

Solid for me. Including yesterday's updated beta.
            My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Just a couple of thoughts.

After creating the new devices I went to edit my events. I couldn't distinguish the child devices by their parent. I changed the location/function to the parent name. That way I could distinguish between devices. See the attached pic. It wasn't that difficult to do but it was the only way I could figure out how to distinguish one location from another.

I am also a little confused about "Places" or "Locations" but I will put that in another post.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic 1.png
Views:	166
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	1316762

Great improvement though!!
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cfrudolphy View Post
                Just a couple of thoughts.

After creating the new devices I went to edit my events. I couldn't distinguish the child devices by their parent. I changed the location/function to the parent name. That way I could distinguish between devices. See the attached pic. It wasn't that difficult to do but it was the only way I could figure out how to distinguish one location from another.

I am also a little confused about "Places" or "Locations" but I will put that in another post.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic 1.png
Views:	166
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	1316762

Great improvement though!!
                Everyone has their own way of "organizing". To be generic the "Places" are created by their name giving in Life360 by the user when created. You will have to go about changing either the name or assigning to a Floor/Room to associate by the User. The latter is what I do for PHL2 devices and so the same follows suit for this.

The difference between a "Place" and "Location" is a Life360 thing. Life360 calls things "Places" which act as a Geofence with notification on enter/exit. The Location is the raw GPS coordinates of the device.

Comment

Working...
                X