Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error when polling servers

Hi,

I'm a long time user of Life360 on our phones, and are happy with the the functions.

Have been trying to use PHLocation2 with Life360 to trigger events based on when we come home. Sadly to say, PHLocation2 is no good. With the lowest polling time, 1 min, there is stil to long delay for it to be usefull in our case.

So I was very happy when I noticed that there was a Life360 Plugin in production, and decided that I need to try this.
    Since the push to the phones is very accurate I hope that maybe this PI will be better.

I have everything set up and devices have been created for our two phones, but every minute it updates I get these errors:
    aug-11 08:35:00 Life360 ERROR Exception UpdateInterval: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt) at System.Double.Parse(String s) at HSPI_Life360.Plugin.UpdateLife360Devices(Object obj)
    aug-11 08:34:00 Life360 ERROR Exception UpdateInterval: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt) at System.Double.Parse(String s) at HSPI_Life360.Plugin.UpdateLife360Devices(Object obj)
    aug-11 08:33:00 Life360 ERROR Exception UpdateInterval: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt) at System.Double.Parse(String s) at HSPI_Life360.Plugin.UpdateLife360Devices(Object obj)
    aug-11 08:32:00 Life360 ERROR Exception UpdateInterval: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt) at System.Double.Parse(String s) at HSPI_Life360.Plugin.UpdateLife360Devices(Object obj)
    aug-11 08:31:00 Life360 ERROR Exception UpdateInterval: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt) at System.Double.Parse(String s) at HSPI_Life360.Plugin.UpdateLife360Devices(Object obj)
    Any idea why I get these?

Originally posted by Groot View Post
    Hi,

I'm a long time user of Life360 on our phones, and are happy with the the functions.

Have been trying to use PHLocation2 with Life360 to trigger events based on when we come home. Sadly to say, PHLocation2 is no good. With the lowest polling time, 1 min, there is stil to long delay for it to be usefull in our case.

So I was very happy when I noticed that there was a Life360 Plugin in production, and decided that I need to try this.
    Since the push to the phones is very accurate I hope that maybe this PI will be better.

I have everything set up and devices have been created for our two phones, but every minute it updates I get these errors:
    aug-11 08:35:00 Life360 ERROR Exception UpdateInterval: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt) at System.Double.Parse(String s) at HSPI_Life360.Plugin.UpdateLife360Devices(Object obj)
    aug-11 08:34:00 Life360 ERROR Exception UpdateInterval: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt) at System.Double.Parse(String s) at HSPI_Life360.Plugin.UpdateLife360Devices(Object obj)
    aug-11 08:33:00 Life360 ERROR Exception UpdateInterval: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt) at System.Double.Parse(String s) at HSPI_Life360.Plugin.UpdateLife360Devices(Object obj)
    aug-11 08:32:00 Life360 ERROR Exception UpdateInterval: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt) at System.Double.Parse(String s) at HSPI_Life360.Plugin.UpdateLife360Devices(Object obj)
    aug-11 08:31:00 Life360 ERROR Exception UpdateInterval: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt) at System.Double.Parse(String s) at HSPI_Life360.Plugin.UpdateLife360Devices(Object obj)
    Any idea why I get these?
    What version of the plugin?
    What version of HS3?
    Windows or Linux?
    If Linux what version of Mono?
    What system locale as it's complaining about parsing a double?

The current release is soon to be replaced by the version in the beta section and they are NOT compatible. If you are just now setting this up you should remove the released version, delete everything and start with the beta version.

Comment

Originally posted by simplextech View Post

What version of the plugin?
      What version of HS3?
      Windows or Linux?
      If Linux what version of Mono?
      What system locale as it's complaining about parsing a double?

The current release is soon to be replaced by the version in the beta section and they are NOT compatible. If you are just now setting this up you should remove the released version, delete everything and start with the beta version.

PI: 3.0.0.269
      HS3: 3.0.0.534
      System locale? What is that?

I just installed the PI today, but you are saying that a new version is uploaded? So I should just delete this and wait for the update?
      If so; is it enough to delete from HS3, or do I need to remove some files manually?

Cheers,

Comment

PI: 3.0.0.269
        HS3: 3.0.0.534
        System locale? What is that?

I just installed the PI today, but you are saying that a new version is uploaded? So I should just delete this and wait for the update?
        If so; is it enough to delete from HS3, or do I need to remove some files manually?

Cheers,
        Based on plugin version you listed that is the current Beta version. So you are good. I have not seen this double parse error yet so I'm thinking it's your locale (language settings) that is causing this. Or possible value differences from Life360 based on region.

Comment

Based on plugin version you listed that is the current Beta version. So you are good. I have not seen this double parse error yet so I'm thinking it's your locale (language settings) that is causing this. Or possible value differences from Life360 based on region.
          I'm using Norwegian, and I know there has been some plugins in the past that have had trouble with different comma symbols and stuff like that.
          As it is pr now, the plugin does not update any on the devices.
          Can I supply you with any information to maybe get a fix?

Comment

I'm using Norwegian, and I know there has been some plugins in the past that have had trouble with different comma symbols and stuff like that.
            As it is pr now, the plugin does not update any on the devices.
            Can I supply you with any information to maybe get a fix?
            Currently I'm guessing it is the number format with the comma causing the issue. I'll go through the code and see how many/which values are trying to be parsed to a double and see if I can change something.

Comment

Currently I'm guessing it is the number format with the comma causing the issue. I'll go through the code and see how many/which values are trying to be parsed to a double and see if I can change something.
              Thanks.
              Let me know og you need any info or you have a version I can test.

Comment

Thanks.
                Let me know og you need any info or you have a version I can test.
                I just pushed a new version to the Beta section (3.0.0.271). I've adjusted to use Double.TryParse(). This may or may not help/fix your issue with the locale. But it was a needed change anyways. I also fixed a file access issue that I saw while looking into this issue.

Comment

I just pushed a new version to the Beta section (3.0.0.271). I've adjusted to use Double.TryParse(). This may or may not help/fix your issue with the locale. But it was a needed change anyways. I also fixed a file access issue that I saw while looking into this issue.
                  Can I just do a normal HS3 update when it is live?

Comment

Can I just do a normal HS3 update when it is live?
                    It's in the Beta section. Just go to the Updater and then Beta Section and select it for install.

Comment

It's in the Beta section. Just go to the Updater and then Beta Section and select it for install.
                      Have updated and the devices are now also updating. Seams that your fix did the trick. Thanks!

Comment

Have updated and the devices are now also updating. Seams that your fix did the trick. Thanks!
                        Good news. Glad it's working for you.

Comment

Working...
                        X