Map display?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Map display?

How can I get a map for one of the family members to shop up on a screen made in HS Touch? I have 3 family members on Life 360. I want to be able to open the screen and it displays a photo of the family member and above it the map or static map. I see the map and static map as a device in my device list, so I would think it is possible?
    Thank you.

I do this with some application code on my web server that I send the long/lat to and it produces a google maps without locations. I don't have it actually built into the HS (except to send the coordinates to my web server). I'll think on it and think if there is a way for me to do it in the plugin. However even if I do that (it actually generates JavaScript, not a link to an image), I have no way of how to get that into HS Touch.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
      I do this with some application code on my web server that I send the long/lat to and it produces a google maps without locations. I don't have it actually built into the HS (except to send the coordinates to my web server). I'll think on it and think if there is a way for me to do it in the plugin. However even if I do that (it actually generates JavaScript, not a link to an image), I have no way of how to get that into HS Touch.
      Thanks, hopefully I can figure something out.

Comment

I'll look to see if I can do it. The reason I did it they way I did was so that I could expose the map in ImperiHome for when I was away (I didnt' want to open up my home network just for a map). It's been a while but maybe google would allow me to create a map image instead of a dynamic HTML/JS one. If so I can see if I can add a map device.

Comment

I'll look to see if I can do it. The reason I did it they way I did was so that I could expose the map in ImperiHome for when I was away (I didnt' want to open up my home network just for a map). It's been a while but maybe google would allow me to create a map image instead of a dynamic HTML/JS one. If so I can see if I can add a map device.
          That would be incredible! Thanks for the reply!

Comment

Hello, just checking to see if you had any time to play around with this idea? Thank you!

Comment

I am still looking into it. unfortunately some other plugins have had some issues that were pretty critical so I've been focusing on those.

Comment

I am still looking into it. unfortunately some other plugins have had some issues that were pretty critical so I've been focusing on those.
                No problem at all, my request is a "nice to have", so when you can get to it, you get to it, no rush.

Comment

+1

Comment

Working...
                  X