WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from Life360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from Life360

I've restarted HS4, disabled and enabled the Life360PI. Verified username and password are present and correct. Still not working.
    Life360PI version 1.2.2.1.
    HS4 version 4.1.14.0 (Windows).
    Full error message: "WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from Life360 - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed."

Tried updating to Beta version and got these errors in the log:

"Installation of package Life360 failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update. Copying source to C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\HSPI_Life360.exe, detailed error: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\HSPI_Life360.exe' because it is being used by another process."

"Posting back to plugin web page Life360Config: Error reading JObject from JsonReader. Path '', line 0, position 0.-> Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)".

You will have to reach out to Frank sirmeili and see what he has to say about the error.

Comment

I'm experiencing the exact same problem... started this morning even before I updated to 4.1.14.0

Comment

Hi, I'm having the same problem. I deleted all devices, deleted all entries of life360 in the HS4 folder on Windows level. Uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin, but the plugin does not create new devices.

Error in the log:

Posting back to plugin web page Life360Config: Error reading JObject from JsonReader. Path '', line 0, position 0.-> Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: bij System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) bij System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) bij HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) bij Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)

Comment

I'm getting the same error with HS3 pro since 2 days ago also. Tried restoring from a windows backup as well as deleting and reinstalling Life360 plugin with no success...

Comment

Same problem here.

Comment

Tried removing recent Windows update -- problem persists. I've seen this TYPE of problem before. L360 is not receiving a valid reply from L360.com. A similar problem was caused some time ago when AWS updated their security. This one may require the developer to intervene.

Comment

I am getting the same issue so it must be something that the developer will have to look into. Glad to see I am not the only one, as it tells me it isn't something screwed up on my system.

Comment

Same issue here - just started. Went through troubleshooting also before finding this thread. Seems like something changed to Life360 making the Plug-in fail. Likely need a Plug-in update???? Is there a way to contact support for the plug-in?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Guydish View Post
                    Same issue here - just started. Went through troubleshooting also before finding this thread. Seems like something changed to Life360 making the Plug-in fail. Likely need a Plug-in update???? Is there a way to contact support for the plug-in?
                    I DM'd the developer on March 18th through the forums, but no response yet. Hopefully this PI isn't EOL.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonytguthrie@gmail.com View Post

I DM'd the developer on March 18th through the forums, but no response yet. Hopefully this PI isn't EOL.
                      Thanks Anthony - anxiously waiting. I hope it's not EOL - especially after PHLocation went dead.

Comment

Did you tried installing the beta version of the plugin? I had the same issue in the past and was solved by installing the 3.0.0.326 beta version.
                        Perhaps this helps.

Comment

I will check this ASAP. AS wimaware said, please try the beta. It may require a complete re-install though.

Comment

I checked this and at first it wasn't working for me, but I had a bad password. This was on the beta version. I checked the release version (1.2.2.1) and it is failing, but I'm not sure why. The release version is written in VB.net, but the Beta is in c#. This shouldn't make a huge difference in compiled version, but it is. I'll keep investigating it. However it appears the beta works.

I will try and fix the non-beta for any that want to just use that for now since the Beta will likely require a complete fresh install.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                              I checked this and at first it wasn't working for me, but I had a bad password. This was on the beta version. I checked the release version (1.2.2.1) and it is failing, but I'm not sure why. The release version is written in VB.net, but the Beta is in c#. This shouldn't make a huge difference in compiled version, but it is. I'll keep investigating it. However it appears the beta works.

I will try and fix the non-beta for any that want to just use that for now since the Beta will likely require a complete fresh install.
                              Thanks! I'll try to install the beta version later today. Anything else I need to know about the beta version? Fresh install - do I need to remove the existing Life360 PI?

Comment

Working...
                              X