This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Life 360 Plugin

Since Frank disappeared, I've rewritten a new HS4 plugin for integrating with Life360. (If he comes back and wants to keep supporting his, I'll delete this, but since no one has heard from him...)

The alpha version is attached here; it's unlicensed at the moment, but has an expiration date of the end of June. Just download both files to your HS4 root directory, remove the ".txt" extension from the updater_override.json file, then go in to Add plugins and it will be the only one listed. After installing, delete the updater_override.json file to get back to normal.

I'm leaving on vacation so this is definitely a "use at your own risk" situation, but I wanted to get it out there because I know how much I depended on this plugin and because I didn't want to miss the opportunity to get some user feedback. I've got it running on my home system and it's been good so far, so hopefully this alpha release is really stable for you!

CLICK HERE TO VISIT NEW FORUM

Traxx, jfla msbreton , NC-Lou , jrhocker , Wade

It's been a while since I manually installed a plugin so I may be doing something wrong, but I'm getting an error during installation.

Copied both files to root directory, and plugin shows up under Plugins > Add

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	24.4 KB ID:	1617028

Click on the plugin and I get the usual install pop-up.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	31.8 KB ID:	1617029

Click Install and I get this error.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	34.3 KB ID:	1617030

The zip is definitely in the HS4 root directory, and filename matches.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	19.4 KB ID:	1617031

Any thoughts?
    -Wade

Comment

That's all I did to install it to my production server.. does the homeseer log have any other clues?

Comment

Unfortunately no. These are the only log entries. One for each time I tried the installation.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230530_070623_Chrome.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	1617079
        -Wade

Comment

You can always just open the zip file and install it manually according to the install.txt file.

Comment

I'll give it a go when I get back to my desk later this morning.
            -Wade

Comment

Understand you're on vacation so not expecting response prior to your return.

I've installed by manually copying files per install.txt. Plugin started and initial config completed. Root device plus 7 features created per user by default. All appears well so far; will do some testing and report back.

A couple questions:
              - Is the plugin dependent on a 3rd party reverse-lookup address server, or does Life360 provide the address?
              - What is the difference between polling frequency and update frequency?

Feature requests. If available, these would be nice to have:
              - Location Sharing status (on/off) per user
              - Drive Detection status (on/off) per user

Low-priority observation:
              - Typo in "Latitude" in plugin config > Device Options
              -Wade

Comment

The more time I spend with the plugin, the more I realize this "alpha" is more developed and clean than many that are several release versions in. Very nicely done.

Another feature request:

Ability to force refresh status/graphics of Location feature when L360 "places" change. Initially thought of requesting automatic refresh, but seems user discretion might be better.
                -Wade

Comment

Graphics are broken in Location features.

Name:	image.png
Views:	220
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	1617097

-Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Wade View Post
                    Understand you're on vacation so not expecting response prior to your return.

I've installed by manually copying files per install.txt. Plugin started and initial config completed. Root device plus 7 features created per user by default. All appears well so far; will do some testing and report back.

A couple questions:
                    - Is the plugin dependent on a 3rd party reverse-lookup address server, or does Life360 provide the address?
                    - What is the difference between polling frequency and update frequency?

Feature requests. If available, these would be nice to have:
                    - Location Sharing status (on/off) per user
                    - Drive Detection status (on/off) per user

Low-priority observation:
                    - Typo in "Latitude" in plugin config > Device Options
                    Thanks for the feedback. The address info is provided by Life360. Polling Frequency is how often it automatically refreshes, and update frequency is a cap to prevent runaway scripts from slamming the server with "Update" requests using CAPI controls. So it will update every 1 minute and you can manually ask for 1 every 15 seconds if needed.

I was planning on having location sharing (it's coded but commented out right now) but I haven't figured out how to determine that since there's not a clean field (if you have "Debug" turned on, you can see what I see on the "Debug" page that shows up under the plugin menu). I don't know what the difference between "In Transit" and "Is Driving" is, or whether or not either of those imply drive detection is enabled or not, but I'll do some experimenting and see what I can get from my circle members' data.

Comment

Graphics are broken in Location features.

Name:	image.png
Views:	220
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	1617097

Yeah, I haven't figured out the best way to handle that part. I want users to be able to customize it, so I need to figure out the best way to connect the dots between place and graphic and to make it easy for non-technical linux users (i.e. provide some with the plugin to choose from, web upload form, etc.).

Comment

The more time I spend with the plugin, the more I realize this "alpha" is more developed and clean than many that are several release versions in. Very nicely done.

Another feature request:

Ability to force refresh status/graphics of Location feature when L360 "places" change. Initially thought of requesting automatic refresh, but seems user discretion might be better.
                        Thanks - this is the first new plugin I've developed since I took the time to add my own framework, which made it a lot more consistent and gave me a leg up on getting the "fit and finish" from existing templates I use. Glad to see it pay off!

I plan on having it automatically update the status/graphics stuff when places change (either at startup, or once a day, or maybe add an action that you could include in your own scheduled event?), just didn't get to that.

Comment

New forum has now been created: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...life-360-shill

Please follow up with any feedback over there!

Comment

Working...
                          X