Not working with HS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not working with HS4

I used this to generate a token for making API calls in HS3. I've since moved to HS4 and can no longer get it to work. Does it not work for HS4? or did something break?

Thanks!

I think that in HS4, they removed global variables, which kills this plugin. I will have to contact HS.

Comment

Thanks, this has sort of killed some crucial functionality for my home. Our phones would use tasker to send http request when we leave, arrive, go out of town etc. to flip some profiles in homeseer. None of that has been working for 6+ months since I downgraded from HS3 to HS4. Is there a workaround to getting a valid API token to work with HS4 that anyone knows about?

Comment

I'm thinking of making this work using plugin calls from plugin to plugin instead of using global variables. that should make it work on HS4 again. I'll attempt to get something out this week, but I have to be careful as it affects many of my other plugins as well. I'll see if I can just detect the error and work with both solutions until I can convert my other plugins.

Comment

Global Variables still seem to work from a scripting standpoint. I was able to create the MyHSToken variable (and added it to my startup script), and I was able to shove a value in it and retrieve it.

But rather than rely on the global variable, wouldn't it be easier to just read it from your own MyHSToken.ini file?

(That being said, I then tried the "setup webhook" button and it didn't error, but it also gave no other indication that anything happened. Also the token in the life360v3.ini file is not the same as the one in MyHSToken variable/INI file.)

Comment

Working...
          X