Share your parameter XML templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Share your parameter XML templates

I thought it would be a good idea to create a thread for this. This plugin is great and fills a much-needed gap in the native HS functionality IMO.
    Attached Files

Yes.. Good idea..
    I've finally worked out how to get this plugin working... where to put the XML files, and what to expect when they load properly so....
    Are there any posted already anywhere, other than those in plugin download - or have I got to start at square one with my devices?..
    I'll certainly post mine when I get them working.

My list of devices include (all ZWave+):-
    Nodon double wall switch
    Aeotec Nano dimmer and Nano Mote Quad
    Devolo MT2655
    Domitech Light buibs
    Various Everspring devices
    Fibaro FGS-2X3
    Qubino Nano Dimmer
    Qubino Flush_2_Relay

Comment

I've edited the OP with some profiles I made for a couple of Zooz devices.

Comment

Here is my xml file for a Jasco GE Direct Wire Outdoor Smart Switch - 40 Amp SKU 14285 version 5.55

[ATTACH]n1379775[/ATTACH]

For this device:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jasco GE 40A switch.png
Views:	630
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	1379776

John

Comment

XML file for Fibaro motion sensor version 3.3
          Attached Files

Comment

Would it make sense to create a GitHub repository for everyone to store and share device .XML files or are there usage rights, restrictions, licensing issues that might get in the way?

Comment

Originally posted by HomeSeerNovice View Post
              Would it make sense to create a GitHub repository for everyone to store and share device .XML files or are there usage rights, restrictions, licensing issues that might get in the way?
              there is a repository here: https://github.com/Toby-hs/MyZwaveToolXMLConfigs - although not very populated yet, but please feel free to use and add.
              No licensing restrictions - free to share and use.

Comment

Great plugin, which should really just be part of Homeseer's Z-Wave PI. I found it while looking for a way to document my setup in detail.

I have edited and attached the XML for the Fibaro Wall Plug that originally came with the PI, because the default values for parameters 14 and 23 did not match the manual.
                Attached Files
                Plugins I developed for HS4: Somfy Local, MiLight (LimitlessLED), Updates, Volvo (VoC), OpenTherm Gateway (OTGW)
                Running HS4 Pro on Windows 10 Pro on a Synology VM, with Node-RED running as a container.

Comment

I have edited the XML for Fibaro Dimmer 2 that came with the plugin too, because the default values for parameters 3 and 19 did not match the manual.
                  Attached Files
                  Plugins I developed for HS4: Somfy Local, MiLight (LimitlessLED), Updates, Volvo (VoC), OpenTherm Gateway (OTGW)
                  Running HS4 Pro on Windows 10 Pro on a Synology VM, with Node-RED running as a container.

Comment

And I have created this XML for Neo Coolcam Water Sensor NAS-WS02Z. All texts come from the (Chinglish) manual, so don't blame the Dutch guy for the weird sentences..

To get or (re)set values you should first wake this battery operated device by pushing the button inside (shortly, only once), which should make the LED blink. Then give the get/set command immediately.

Edit: And created an XML for Neo Coolcam Door/Window Sensor NAS-DS01Z.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Made another one, or actually 2 XML files (only difference is the firmware version - according to the manual the parameters are the same). It's for Fibaro RGB Controller version 25.25 and 26.25. Only tested 25.25.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AZweimiller View Post
                        I thought it would be a good idea to create a thread for this. This plugin is great and fills a much-needed gap in the native HS functionality IMO.
                        Hate to sound confused but exactly why and where are these files used? If I understand correctly they are to be able to adjust the parameters of a device? If that is correct then how do we use these files exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post

Hate to sound confused but exactly why and where are these files used? If I understand correctly they are to be able to adjust the parameters of a device? If that is correct then how do we use these files exactly?
                          There is not a whole lot of documentation, but in this sticky you can find some: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ul...arameters-tool

So:
                          1. Install the MyZWaveParameters PI (currently HS3 only as I understand).
                          2. Then you add XML files for Z-Wave devices you have in use. You can find those in this forum, or build them yourself like I'm currently doing for the devices I could not find. Eventually the most popular devices will be available. Put the XML files in folder C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Config\MyZWaveParameters\ or its Linux equivalent. After adding XML files go to the PI's Config and Reload Config Files (bottom of page).
                          3. Open a Z-Wave root device. There should be an extra tab "MyZWaveParameters", but only if there is an XML file for that kind of device. It contains a list of all the known parameters.
                          4. Use Get All Current Values to read the current values and/or choose and set a new value.

Hope this helps you get started.

Comment

Originally posted by Bernold View Post

There is not a whole lot of documentation, but in this sticky you can find some: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ul...arameters-tool

So:
                            1. Install the MyZWaveParameters PI (currently HS3 only as I understand).
                            2. Then you add XML files for Z-Wave devices you have in use. You can find those in this forum, or build them yourself like I'm currently doing for the devices I could not find. Eventually the most popular devices will be available. Put the XML files in folder C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Config\MyZWaveParameters\ or its Linux equivalent. After adding XML files go to the PI's Config and Reload Config Files (bottom of page).
                            3. Open a Z-Wave root device. There should be an extra tab "MyZWaveParameters", but only if there is an XML file for that kind of device. It contains a list of all the known parameters.
                            4. Use Get All Current Values to read the current values and/or choose and set a new value.

Hope this helps you get started.
                            Fantastic, thanks for the info. I will give it a shot. Sure makes it a lot easier than having to hunt up the manual for each device.

Comment

I found this plugin to be very useful. I have lots of energy meters all of which I have used parameters to customize reporting intervals and other settings. Toby's PI makes this feel like an order of magnitude easier to apply to multiple devices. I hope to see a hs4 version one day. Unlike most plugins it was not backward compatible last time I checked.

Comment

Working...
                              X