Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get started with MyZWave Parameters Tool

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    How to get started with MyZWave Parameters Tool

    "MyZWaveParameter" plugin is a tool to simplify ZWave device parameter configuration. The plugin requires a working Homeseer ZWave plugin and network with ZWave devices to run.

    It also requires XML files for the devices you want to use through this plugin.
    The XML file requires 4 fields:
    • Manufacturer
    • Product Type
    • Product ID
    • Application Version
    This information can be found here:

    Click image for larger version  Name:	Snag_1e589468.png Views:	89 Size:	123.2 KB ID:	1377529

    The info needs to be entered into the XML file:

    Code:
    <xml version='1.0' encoding="UTF-8">
    <Device name="Device Friendly name"
      url="URL to documentation - no &amp; signs"
      Manufacturer="Hex code for Manufacturer"
      ProductType="Hex code for Product type"
      ProductID="Hex code for Product ID"
      version="Application version">
    Make sure you have the right XML for your specific Firmware version/Application version - parameters can have changed between the different version and using the wrong version/XML file can result in unwanted behavior.


    XML Files are created from Template or download from other user who are willing to share their work.
    XML files are stored under C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Config\MyZWaveParameters\
    Here you will also find the template file to start creating your own XML's or to verify that the existing ones match your devices.

    #2
    Hi Toby,
    This looks like the tool I (and probably anybody else who customises node parameters) really need.
    I know the "store" page says it only works with HS3, whats the score with HS4? It loads and appears to start up ok but gives the warning: "Failed getting InterfaceStatus from MyZWaveParameters - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed."

    Where are the "MyZWaveParameters"?
    Are they in:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\HSPI_MyZWaveParameters.exe.config"
    or perhaps in:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Config\MyZWaveParameters.ini
    or maybe in another config file somewhere else?
    I can't see any settings in any files to specify "InterfaceStatus" or interface name.

    Is this possibly just the fact that it's not (yet) HS4 compatible?

    Rod.





    Comment


      #3
      To add a little more to what this product does:
      1. If you have a ZWave device that can be modified using parameter settings AND
      2. You go to the ZWave tab on the device tab (the settings section) and all you see is the generic Set Configuration Parameters

      For Example:

      Click image for larger version

Name:	Standard ZWave Setting Tab.jpg
Views:	616
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	1379770

      You can use this tool to add a new tab (MyZWaveParameters) to the device view

      New Tab:

      Click image for larger version

Name:	MyZWaveParm Tab with Jasco.jpg
Views:	596
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	1379771

      For this to work you have to create a .xml file for each device and save this to your system. Samples and a template are provided with the plug in or there are some available on the HS Forum that others have created.

      Here is the PI configuration screen. I haven't seen any documentation for this screen yet.. Toby might give us more details of these options.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	MyZWave Config screen.jpg
Views:	600
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	1379772

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by homeseer@rodswan.com View Post
        Hi Toby,
        Is this possibly just the fact that it's not (yet) HS4 compatible?
        This plugin is as of now only enabled for HS3 use. I will look into a HS4 version once the HS4 SDK and documentation is at a more mature level.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Toby View Post
          "MyZWaveParameter" plugin is a tool to simplify ZWave device parameter configuration. The plugin requires a working Homeseer ZWave plugin and network with ZWave devices to run.
          Hi Toby , sounds really interesting, but can you please elaborate a bit on what exactly the plugin does?

          Does it automatically get all device parameters from https://products.z-wavealliance.org/?

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

            Hi Toby , sounds really interesting, but can you please elaborate a bit on what exactly the plugin does?

            Does it automatically get all device parameters from https://products.z-wavealliance.org/?
            This functionality is essential for any zwave capable system and should be built in to homeseer. OpenHAB have this functionality and its open source.
            I agree, the plugin should be using an existing database like the above. Its brutally tedious to create your own files by studying the manufacturers specs.
            Another excellent database is Chris Jacksons FREE Z-wave configuration repository for OpenHAB https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php...evice-database (over 2000+ zwave devices and firmware versions).
            Seems counter productive to create an entirely new format when the data already exists. I've created an application to convert CJs json format to the XML format but there are some conversion issues relating to parameter settings which cant be automatically converted.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by maeneak View Post

              This functionality is essential for any zwave capable system and should be built in to homeseer. OpenHAB have this functionality and its open source.
              I agree, the plugin should be using an existing database like the above. Its brutally tedious to create your own files by studying the manufacturers specs.
              Another excellent database is Chris Jacksons FREE Z-wave configuration repository for OpenHAB https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php...evice-database (over 2000+ zwave devices and firmware versions).
              Seems counter productive to create an entirely new format when the data already exists. I've created an application to convert CJs json format to the XML format but there are some conversion issues relating to parameter settings which cant be automatically converted.
              I agree with you - Homeseer should have had this built in to the core. but as this is missing I started creating this plugin for own use and decided to make it available for others to use.
              I was not aware of other repositories (poor research obviously) so the plugin have it's own xml format. Ideally it would be good to read of some official repository, but that's not the case. Will possibly look into this at a later stage.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Toby View Post

                I agree with you - Homeseer should have had this built in to the core. but as this is missing I started creating this plugin for own use and decided to make it available for others to use.
                I was not aware of other repositories (poor research obviously) so the plugin have it's own xml format. Ideally it would be good to read of some official repository, but that's not the case. Will possibly look into this at a later stage.
                if you got this to work with reading data base from zwavealliance and a search feature to help select the product from the database then I would pay for this plugin!

                Comment


                  #9
                  Hi Toby, would it be possible to add a type?

                  I'm working on an XML with a parameter that has a range with some numbers missing:
                  0
                  1-63
                  65-127
                  129-191
                  193-255

                  What I would like to suggest is a range- type, with from="0" to="255" values="64,128,192"

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Bernold View Post
                    Hi Toby, would it be possible to add a type?

                    I'm working on an XML with a parameter that has a range with some numbers missing:
                    0
                    1-63
                    65-127
                    129-191
                    193-255

                    What I would like to suggest is a range- type, with from="0" to="255" values="64,128,192"
                    Sure. I will make it, but I would need your help verifying that it works.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Toby View Post

                      Sure. I will make it, but I would need your help verifying that it works.
                      Great! I can help you test, no problem.

                      And here is an example too (from Fibaro RGBW Controller 25.25.xml, which I posted yesterday):

                      Code:
                      <Parameter name="11" group="0" access="rw" type="range+">
                      <Setting from="193" to="255" values="0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20 ,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40 ,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51,52,53,54,55,56,57,58,59,60 ,61,62,63,65,66,67,68,69,70,71,72,73,74,75,76,77,78,79,80,81 ,82,83,84,85,86,87,88,89,90,91,92,93,94,95,96,97,98,99,100,1 01,102,103,104,105,106,107,108,109,110,111,112,113,114,115,1 16,117,118,119,120,121,122,123,124,125,126,127,129,130,131,1 32,133,134,135,136,137,138,139,140,141,142,143,144,145,146,1 47,148,149,150,151,152,153,154,155,156,157,158,159,160,161,1 62,163,164,165,166,167,168,169,170,171,172,173,174,175,176,1 77,178,179,180,181,182,183,184,185,186,187,188,189,190,191" default="67" size="1" />
                      <Title>Time for changing from start to end value</Title>
                      <Description>Available settings:
                      0 - immediate change
                      1-63 - 20-126- [ms] value*20ms
                      65-127 - 1-63 [s] [value-64]*1s
                      129-191 - 10-630[s] [value-128]*10s
                      193-255 - 1-63[min] [value-192]*1min
                      </Description>
                      </Parameter>
                      This could become:

                      Code:
                      <Parameter name="11" group="0" access="rw" type="range-">
                      <Setting from="0" to="255" values="64,128,192" default="67" size="1" />
                      <Title>Time for changing from start to end value</Title>
                      <Description>Available settings:
                      0 - immediate change
                      1-63 - 20-126- [ms] value*20ms
                      65-127 - 1-63 [s] [value-64]*1s
                      129-191 - 10-630[s] [value-128]*10s
                      193-255 - 1-63[min] [value-192]*1min
                      </Description>
                      </Parameter>

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Toby By the way, I noticed that range+ could probably use some kind of sorting.

                        For example:

                        Code:
                        <Parameter name="1" group="0" access="rw" type="range+">
                        <Setting from="1" to="5" values="255" default="1" size="2"  />
                        <Title>Dropdown Test</Title>
                        <Description>This is just a test of the Range+ dropdown</Description>
                        </Parameter>
                        Result:
                        255
                        1
                        2
                        3
                        4
                        5

                        You would expect:
                        1
                        2
                        3
                        4
                        5
                        255

                        Just an idea..

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Bernold View Post

                          Great! I can help you test, no problem.
                          Try the .9 version in the beta section and see if this works for you with "range-"

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Toby View Post

                            Try the .9 version in the beta section and see if this works for you with "range-"
                            I had some trouble installing the PI at first. Had to restart HS3 to make it work.

                            After that I have tested several range- dropdowns that I could think of and they all worked perfectly!

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Will you release version .9?

                              I found a new challenge. A device I'm considering buying seems to have conditional parameters. The module can run in several modes. The first half of parameters seem to be the same for both modes. But the other half depends on the mode. So they will have a different function, default value and there are even more in one mode than the other.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X