HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP!

I'm having real difficulty getting to grips with Z-Wave.

A little background of myself....I am a "seasoned" systems Programmer, having created many commercial industrial control systems and their user interfaces using a multitude of languages - mostly C++, C#, VB, and Assembler. I have used Homeseer since 1999 using HS1.6 thru 2.5 with X10. I am now upgrading to Z-Wave and HS3.

I have the basics working on most of my devices, but am unable to reliably configure the devices to make the most of each.

I'm using Windows 10 with ZMEEUZBB interface.
    I have 35 nodes/devices. All Z-Wave Plus. All perform their basic function and work reasonably well.

I've religiously created XML files for each device and they appear to load and function without error, but response time to "Get"ing current values seems excessive and values returned are often all zeros, or wildly different to those "Set".

I don't know if problem is with my devices, the ZMEEUZBB, or with the MyZWaveParameters plug in.

(One irritation is the lack of feedback whilst the plug-in is communicating to the devices.... Is it working? has it finished? or has it locked up? I now end up watching the light on the Z-Wave stick! I have had to restart the plug-in on a number of occasions, even had to completely restart Homeseer - leading me to wonder if the problem is with the Z-Wave plug-in or the interface.)

Attached are my XML files.

One I am currently struggling with is the Coolcam Motion sensor. I have 8 of these, four with the Temperature sensor and four without.
    I want to configure when the temperature and LUX changes are reported as they don't all report the same so I need to check and set the parameters. but cannot.

I'm also having difficulty with the NodOn switch.
    I want to change the buttons profiles (parameters 1 & 2). I can set them and the current value updates to the set value, but if I then press the "Get Current Value" button it shows that the value has not changed.

Any ideas or suggestions I can try?

Here's my XML files:

CoolCam Light Switch.xml
    Everspring 146 In Wall Dimmer.xml
    CoolCamMotion.xml
    Axix Sensor.xml
    DevoloMT2655.xml
    CoolCamMotion+Temp.xml
    Domitect ZE27EU Smart LED .xml
    FibaroDouble Switch 1v2.22.xml
    Qubino Flush2relays zmnh801H 18sp2-.xml
    NodOn Switch.xml

Have you tried to turn on debug logging for the plugin? This is what I see in the log (debug=true) for a successful get. You might get some additional errors if there is a problem with you config. Turn on debug at - Plugins, MyZwaveParameters, Config
    May-26 1:22:57 PM MyZWaveParameters Debug Looking up device config for node...
    May-26 1:22:57 PM MyZWaveParameters Debug Found node 19 on network XXXXXXXX with device Parameters: 63,4F44,3032 with version 5.55
    May-26 1:22:57 PM MyZWaveParameters Debug Set Button 3 Pressed
    May-26 1:22:57 PM MyZWaveParameters Debug Updating node 19 on network XXXXXXXX with node Parameters: 63,4F44,3032

Comment

Originally posted by homeseer@rodswan.com View Post
      I'm having real difficulty getting to grips with Z-Wave.
      (One irritation is the lack of feedback whilst the plug-in is communicating to the devices.... Is it working? has it finished? or has it locked up? I now end up watching the light on the Z-Wave stick! I have had to restart the plug-in on a number of occasions, even had to completely restart Homeseer - leading me to wonder if the problem is with the Z-Wave plug-in or the interface.)
      This is something I have on my list of to-do's. I totally agree that there should be some spinner or something to indicate "I'm working".

One I am currently struggling with is the Coolcam Motion sensor. I have 8 of these, four with the Temperature sensor and four without.
      I want to configure when the temperature and LUX changes are reported as they don't all report the same so I need to check and set the parameters. but cannot.

I'm also having difficulty with the NodOn switch.
      I want to change the buttons profiles (parameters 1 & 2). I can set them and the current value updates to the set value, but if I then press the "Get Current Value" button it shows that the value has not changed.
      The XML's look OK. Can't see any apparent issues here.

Are you experiencing the same error when updating the parameters using the function in the Z-Wave plugin in Homeseer? If so, then my best guess is that the documentation does not match the Firmware or there is some incompatibility with the device.
      The Zwave-Parameter plugin connects and uses the Homeseer ZWave plugin to communicate with the devices - so if it fails in the zwave plugin, it will fail also in the zwave parameter plugin.

Does the communication and updates work for the Fibaro Double switch?

Comment

Originally posted by johnpeterson View Post
        Have you tried to turn on debug logging for the plugin? This is what I see in the log (debug=true) for a successful get. You might get some additional errors if there is a problem with you config. Turn on debug at - Plugins, MyZwaveParameters, Config
        May-26 1:22:57 PM MyZWaveParameters Debug Found node 19 on network XXXXXXXX with device Parameters: 63,4F44,3032 with version 5.55
        May-26 1:22:57 PM MyZWaveParameters Debug Set Button 3 Pressed
        May-26 1:22:57 PM MyZWaveParameters Debug Updating node 19 on network XXXXXXXX with node Parameters: 63,4F44,3032
        If you turn on DEBUG you should also see the response for the setCommand when trying to send the command to the zwave device.

Comment

Working...
        X