Links Editor Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Links Editor Problem

I have gotten back to my automation after a brief absence.
    I am having issues with Links Editor.
    I can access the editor from localhost/hs/linkseditor.asp
    I can add and delete links on that page but the links on the top of the page never change.
    Also when I try to access some pages from that page I cannot access that page. For example when i access the quickview.asp (set as the start page in Web server options) I can access the status page (localhost/stat) but after going to localhost/hs/linkseditor.asp and hitting the "Status" link at the top of the page should take be back to my device status page(localhost/stat). However it does not. It adds an hs and thus does not allow me to reach status page. the URL it is trying to access is localhost/hs/stat. This is not reachable obviously.
    So what is adding the "hs" to my links?
    I am attaching a copy of my links.htm.
    Thanks!
    Attached Files

The way HomeSeer works is it displays either the links from settings.ini or it displays links.htm. The Links Editor alllows editing the links from settings.ini.

If you have a links.htm then that is what will be seen. So if you use links.htm, the links editor is not needed anymore.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

So where does homeseer call the use of links.htm or settings.ini?
      If I want to use links.htm what do I need to do to turn off links editor?
      And on the flip side if I want to use the links editor what to I need to edit to turn off the call to links.htm?
      What file need to be edited to tell homeseer where to get my links info from? Whether I choose settings.ini or links.htm.
      Thanks!

Comment

If you want to use the values from HomeSeers ini file, just delete or rename your links.htm file. If you would rather use links.htm, then just delete the links editor file.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

You may wish t download Jon00`s excellent account links package.. you can setup different links for different accounts using various styles etc.. vistit Jon00`s download page here >> http://www.jon00.me.uk/hs.html

TrOjAn

Comment

Links At my Web are all messed up

I can't figure out what the heck is wrong with some of my links whether I switch from settings.ini or links.htm my links are all messed up.
            When choosing Settings.ini links are none existing.
            When choosing links.htm some links add an (hs/) for example if you go to my site: http://home.houston.rr.com/graffnet click "click hereto enter" the first page you enter is quickview.asp. All links are fine here. even the little "new" gif at mail link works. Enteranother link like comics for example using the user name "guest" password "guest" and you will note that the "new" gif next to mail link is gone. Then if you try to go to the "Status" link somethingis putting an "hs/" in the link which make it inaccesible.
            http://localhost:82/hs/stat if you change the link to http://localhost:82/stat you will go to the "Status" page as it works in the Quickview.asp page.
            I am totally lost.
            Feel free to visit and give me ideas!
            Thanks

Comment

Works fine here.. there is ONE problem however, each link opens in a new window.. but all links are accessable.

TrOjAn

Comment

Check your links.htm file.

You probably have links like this:

src="somefile.htm"

Change them to:

src="/somefile.htm"

The problem you are running into is a link without the slash tries to load in the same directory as what ever page you are on.

For example, the comics page is in the hs directory.
                So when you click a link in your links.htm file, it tries to laod in the hs directory.
                If you add the slash it tells the browser to ignore the directory that you are currently in and load the file from the main directory.
                --
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
                X