Mileage Tracker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mileage Tracker

Discussion Thread for Vechicle Mileage Tracker.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

This sounds very promising, but I'm running into a problem. After install, if I navigate to the form page (the regular HS format (I don't have the other plugins)), I get the following two items in the dropdown list:

Focus
    Script error: Subscript out of range: 'x' sNames = Split(arrVechicles(2,x),",")for y = 0 to UBound(sNames)

Nothing else appears on the form for me.

I've checked the ini file to make sure the path is correct and it points where it should.

The Mileage Report does show up, so it looks like something's up with the Mileage Form.

What else can I look for? It's probably something simple on my end.

Brian

Comment

You need to go into the database and setup one of your cars. Make sure you put a HomeSeer user name in the field HSUserName.
      --
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Ok, someone pointed out that I can't spell, and they are right.
        vechcile should be vehicle.

Darnit Jim, I'm a programmer, not an English teacher.

Well, you see I have this problem where my c key just types itself all by itself sometimes. Yeah, that's it. Scee my kcey is mcessed ucp.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Dang it Jeff, I'm an English teacher not a programmer!!

I can't get the form to work either.

I get the same script error that bpm32 is getting:
          Script error: Subscript out of range: 'x' sNames = Split(arrVechicles(2,x),",")for y = 0 to UBound(sNames)
          This error shows up under the vehicle name on the form tab.

I put my data into the database and I do see my vesicle, er vechicle.. I mean vehicle but no "form" at all, just the box with my Tundra in it.
          The "mileage report" tab shows the appropriate data.

This error shows up in PocketSeer, Touchpad and from HS.

Steve

Comment

Make sure you put a HS login name in the HSuserName field. Even if you just put default there. This field allows having one of the cars pre-selected in the dropdown based on who is accessing the page.
            --
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

I did that when I set it up as per the instructions. My truck is there in the 'box' but no other buttons or places to ad data... no form.

Comment

I think I figured it out. I used .net syntax in one place that I shouldn't have.

Try this one.
                Attached Files
                --
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Okay! That fixed it!
                  But now I have a new menu item called 'vehicle edit' and when clicked I get the following error:
                  Script Error:
                  File not found: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\jaf/mileageEdit.asp

There is no mileageEdit.asp in the jaf directory.

Comment

Yeah, I decided to do a vehicle editor page. Should be done with it by tomorrow. I didn't take the time to pull the link back out since I wanted to make sure the other change fixed your error.
                    Once I have the new editor ready, I'll put it and the bug fix into the zip file.
                    --
                    Jeff Farmer
                    HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Cool!
                      While your in there, on a purely cosmetic level, there needs to be an extra space put in at the end of the 'Mileage Report' header because the 't' in report is right up against the divider line that separates
                      'Mileage Report'| 'Mileage Form'

Comment

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the update. It worked like a charm!

How hard is it to give HS some sort of access to the mileage data? (perhaps in virtual devices) You mentioned earlier that it shouldn't be too difficult to write a script that could use the mileage data. The only way I know of writing one is when it can pick up device data. I took a look at the asp pages to see if I could hook into the data before it posts, but those pages are a bit over my head.

Thanks for all you've done so far - this is good stuff!

Brian

Comment

How about I add a field to the db that will allow you to enter a device code. Then whenever the mileage is updated it will set the device to the mileage.
                          --
                          Jeff Farmer
                          HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Excellent - that sounds perfect.

Thanks!

Brian

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
                            How about I add a field to the db that will allow you to enter a device code. Then whenever the mileage is updated it will set the device to the mileage.

Comment

bpm32,
                              I got the change made that sets the device value as well as the string.
                              I also made a change to the report page. I added a dropdown at the top of the page so you can select to see the mileage report for one at a time instead of just All. I'll send it to the updater next week.

And in the "The world must be ending" category. My 18 year old son actually used the form to enter his info when he filled up on Friday. I'll think the world is really ending if he is still using it in a couple of months.
                              --
                              Jeff Farmer
                              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
                              X