Misc Plug-In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Misc Plug-In

I've actually had this plugin 90% done for several months.
    So I am finishing up the last 10% to be able to release it with the commitment that it will be updated for HS 3.
    I'm posting this to get some feedback on ideas for each section as I am finishing this plugin and working on documentation.

I call it the Misc Plugin because it is 4 small plugins in 1. The main admin page allows you to select which of the 4 sections are active. If you set a section to inactive none of the buttons or functions for that section will be displayed or be active.

1. Random Phrase - This is a replacement for the Roc-Random plugin. Enter Categories and Phrases. Each time you call a function in the plugin one of the Phrases will be randomly returned. Integration of the Random Phrase section will be built into weatherXML and HSTV.
    For anyone using the Roc-Random plugin, there is an importer to move all the Topics and Comments into the Random Phrase database.

2. Re-Start HS - Click a button to close and restart HS, Restart the server or Shutdown the server. You can enter a number of seconds that the restart will wait.
    I have also written an exe that you can put an icon in your startup directory and it will delay starting HS for the number of seconds you enter in the plugin admin setup. I have mine set for 45 seconds to give enough time for my network to get connected. Future changes will allow HS events to trigger re-start of HS, re-start of the server or shutdown of the server.

3. Vehicle Tracker - I have moved my Vehicle Tracker from asp pages into the plugin. New features allow you to add Maintenance types that you can set how often, based on mileage, you should be reminded. And set a remind with number of miles as well.
    For example, a maint type of Oil Change could be set to remind you every 5000 miles that you need an oil change. Setting the remind within to 500 miles will start reminding you when you are less than 500 miles to the mileage you need the oil change.

4. Movie Broadcaster - if you are using the Movie Management script package, this plugin section will allow you to enter client computers. There is an exe you install on each client that will listen to your network for a command to play a video file. The exe allows you to enter the approved file types of video files that you want to allow to be played.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Jeff,

For # 2, restart HS, are you planning event actions associated with this one? The idea being there are things that I could point to a virtual device and the value of that virtual device would allow an event to evoke the right level either HS restart or reboot.

I am also thinking about upgrading my TV/remote home theater and have my server able to deliver movies so #4 looks interesting too. Considering the overhead that a single plugin creates, this is an interesting, creative way to deliver it and probably made things a little easier for you too

Thank you for your incredible dedication to this community.
    Paul

Comment

yeah, for number 2 I am planning on a event actions for all 3 options. Restart HS, Restart Server and Shutdown Server.
      --
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Sounds like another sweet one Jeff. What files will the Movie Broadcaster play?
        Don

Comment

My app won't actually play the file. You need have a program that is associated with the file type. I am using VLC Media Player.
          For example I could select the movie Justice League Doom and select a client. The plugin will send an encrypted login, password and network path to the client. The exe that you install on the client will then launch the file. That will cause your media player program to launch and start playing the movie.

Eventually, I hope to integrate with the DLNA plugin to allow sending the movie to a DLNA player.
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Originally posted by pbibm View Post
            Jeff,

For # 2, restart HS, are you planning event actions associated with this one? The idea being there are things that I could point to a virtual device and the value of that virtual device would allow an event to evoke the right level either HS restart or reboot.
            I got event actions added yesterday. You can select Restart HS, Restart Server or Shutdown Server.
            --
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Does #3 allow for the import of data that is already IN the other Mileage "plugin"?

And where was this 12 months ago, when I went through and implemented #1,2,4 with my own stuff!?!?! :-P

Sarcasm aside, thanks! I think I'll take a look at your setup, since I like to keep things consolidated and neat for the sake of my not needing to remember things!

I imagine, most of my comments will be about #4, but not until I play around with it.

Thanks again Jeff!

BTW, some small mods. and the Movie Manager has been working pretty well. I only wish there was a "super sync" that could be done to also remove items that were deleted from the DVDCOllections.xml file. My wife and I really love the "custom" DVDs that we can add in. It works GREAT for things I've had on VHS that you just can not get on DVD (I converted) but especially for the family videos. Being able to add them works out really AWESOME!

--Dan
              Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
                Does #3 allow for the import of data that is already IN the other Mileage "plugin"?
                It will use the same database. The difference is I added 2 new tables.

And where was this 12 months ago, when I went through and implemented #1,2,4 with my own stuff!?!?! :-P

Sarcasm aside, thanks! I think I'll take a look at your setup, since I like to keep things consolidated and neat for the sake of my not needing to remember things!
                I was using Roc_Random and Safe Restart. With the coming of HS 3, I knew those 2 plugins would not be updated so I started working on replacements.
                I had initially planned on waiting for HS3 before releasing this plugin but decided to start moving all my events now.

I imagine, most of my comments will be about #4, but not until I play around with it.

Thanks again Jeff!

BTW, some small mods. and the Movie Manager has been working pretty well. I only wish there was a "super sync" that could be done to also remove items that were deleted from the DVDCOllections.xml file. My wife and I really love the "custom" DVDs that we can add in. It works GREAT for things I've had on VHS that you just can not get on DVD (I converted) but especially for the family videos. Being able to add them works out really AWESOME!

--Dan
                Care to share your mods?
                I agree with you on the family videos. I bought my wife a new camcorder last year for her birthday. I've added several school concerts and birthday parties to the movie collection.
                --
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Sure, I can try to get something together some time this week.

basically, just changed around some of it to execute VLC on my HTPC, commanded from the server, through the webpage.

--Dan
                  Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by pbibm View Post
                    Jeff,

I got the event actions added today. You can select any of the three options. Restart HS, restart server and shutdown server.

Also added some event actions for the Random Phrase section. You can select from Speak Phrase or Set Device. The parameter for Speak Phrase is you enter a category. When the event runs you get a random phrase from the entered category. With Set Device the parameters are Category and Device Code. When the event runs the entered device will have its string set to a random phrase from the selected category.
                    --
                    Jeff Farmer
                    HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Update on the plugin.
                      I have updated the HSTV plugin to use the Random Phrase module of this plugin.

I am almost done with the documentation and will be looking for some testers.

Let me know if you are interested.
                      --
                      Jeff Farmer
                      HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
                        I got the event actions added today. You can select any of the three options. Restart HS, restart server and shutdown server.

Also added some event actions for the Random Phrase section. You can select from Speak Phrase or Set Device. The parameter for Speak Phrase is you enter a category. When the event runs you get a random phrase from the entered category. With Set Device the parameters are Category and Device Code. When the event runs the entered device will have its string set to a random phrase from the selected category.
                        Thanks! I can give it a try this weekend as I am back home. Are you emailing it to testers? paul d0+ bates yahoo d0+ c0m
                        Paul

Comment

I will email you a copy as soon as I have the docs finished. I have one of the 4 modules left. I also want to test the install a couple more times to make sure everything is getting placed where it should.
                          --
                          Jeff Farmer
                          HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

The documentation is finished and the install file is available to anyone wanting to test.

Send me an email if you would like to give it a try.
                            jeff at myautomatedhome dot net
                            --
                            Jeff Farmer
                            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
                            X