Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error with new version of Random Plugin

Hi Jeff,

I upgraded to the new version of the Random plugin today and get the following error in the HS log on startup. The plugin does not load. Thoughts?

Thanks
    Al

Code:
    Error, Class not found in plugin EXE, maybe namespace is not correct,? Note filename is case sensitive!: hspi_Random.exe Class: hspi_Random.HSPI->
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Oh man! I'm getting the same error too!
    Is there a way to roll back to the previous version?

Code:
    9/2/2014 1:58:27 PM ~!~Error~!~Error, Class not found in plugin EXE, maybe namespace is not correct,? Note filename is case sensitive!: hspi_Random.exe Class: hspi_Random.HSPI->
    9/2/2014 1:58:36 PM ~!~Error~!~(1) Unable to initialize interface Random :Either no license or trial has expired
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

The previous version should be in your updates3 folder. It's easiest to just manually overwrite the files.

Cheers
      Al

Comment

AH ha!

Thank you very much good sir.
        Apparently I'm still pretty new to HomeSeer despite the hours I spend trawling the forum and tinkering with my HS3 installation......

I'm back up and running now.

Comment

Has this been addressed yet, or should I roll back?
          Cheers
          J

Comment

No updates yet.

Comment

I wondered if Al had seen this, I'm sure he has. I noticed weather XML got an update too which seems fine. I'll roll back tonight until it's sorted.
              Thanks
              J

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnez View Post
                I wondered if Al had seen this, I'm sure he has. I noticed weather XML got an update too which seems fine.
                You mean Jeff?

Cheers
                Al

Comment

Hahahaa yeah sorry

Comment

Having the same issue here. I know Jeff hasn't been well. Anyone had an update?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Check in the HS3 directory. If the HSPI_RANDOM.exe plugin is not in all caps, make a backup copy and the remove the plugin. Reinstall the current version in the updater and let me know if it works.

I went through this with HSPI_WEATHERXML but don't remember how I got around the all caps vs lowercase name.
                      --
                      Jeff Farmer
                      HS 3, HSPhone
                      My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
                      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Hi Jeff,

Renaming it to all caps does allow it to run.

Thanks
                        Al

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                          Hi Jeff,

Renaming it to all caps does allow it to run.

Thanks
                          Al

Did you just install the new version, shut down HS3, rename it to all caps and start HS3 back up again?

Comment

Not quite, as I didn't want to shut down homeseer. I reinstalled, renamed and then manually ran the exe. HS now sees it as a remote plugin.

Cheers
                            Al

Comment

I did what I just mentioned and it worked fine. For the record.

Comment

Working...
                              X