Restart Plugin Gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restart Plugin Gone?

I am looking for something very simple to do a scheduled restart of my SEL Homeseer unit. Wanted to try CFGuy's plug-in, but it is gone from the updater and I can't find it.

If this is not available, is there a way to just use an immediate script command to do it? I poked around in SSH and found a command called restart.sh, but I don't have a clue how to launch it or if it would even be appropriate to do so.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by bebaldin View Post
    I am looking for something very simple to do a scheduled restart of my SEL Homeseer unit. Wanted to try CFGuy's plug-in, but it is gone from the updater and I can't find it.

If this is not available, is there a way to just use an immediate script command to do it? I poked around in SSH and found a command called restart.sh, but I don't have a clue how to launch it or if it would even be appropriate to do so.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Restart is still listed under "Utilities" (Windows). There is also BLShutdown in the same section Either one works well. I don't know if either of them is ported to Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      Restart is still listed under "Utilities" (Windows). There is also BLShutdown in the same section Either one works well. I don't know if either of them is ported to Linux.
      I guess neither of them are ported to the SEL, since neither show up on mine.

Been poking around for two hours and I can't find any way to do a reboot using an event. You would think this would be fundamentally easy to do, but I cannot find a way to do it. Forums haven't yielded anything either.

Surely there is a way to do this with a simple script. I can write a chron statement to do it, but that is definitely not what I want to do.

Comment

Take a look at this thread. It seems to have a script that can do what you want, but it would need to be modified for the SEL.

On a Linux install this is the system tools page
        Code:
        http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/LinuxTools?show_restart_system=yes
        There may be a different command or a way to do this without needing the button confirmation on the restart page.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
          Take a look at this thread. It seems to have a script that can do what you want, but it would need to be modified for the SEL.

On a Linux install this is the system tools page
          Code:
          http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/LinuxTools?show_restart_system=yes
          There may be a different command or a way to do this without needing the button confirmation on the restart page.
          I am curious - is their any resource available that lists all of the &hs and &nhs functions, and their purposes? I know very little about this, but I have seen these referred to on a few threads (I use them on a couple of events) and they look very useful.

Comment

Restart can be done, using a script. The same is true to simulate Shutdown Controller, to kill plugins in case is needed, to cast a movie, etc.

To restart, simply paste the following in "Run a Script or a Script Command":

imports System.Diagnostics

Sub Main(parm as object)
            Dim psi As New ProcessStartInfo()

psi.FileName = "/bin/bash"
            psi.Arguments = "-c ""/usr/local/HomeSeer/restart.sh"""
            psi.RedirectStandardOutput = True
            psi.RedirectStandardError = True
            psi.CreateNoWindow = False
            psi.WindowStyle = ProcessWindowStyle.Hidden
            psi.UseShellExecute = False

Dim process As Process = Process.Start(psi)
            Dim processoutput As String = process.StandardOutput.ReadToEnd()

process.WaitForExit()

hs.writelog("Output", processoutput)

Modify the path where HS3 is installed.

Comment

Working...
            X