Restart HS for HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restart HS for HS3

I have split the Misc Plugin into 3 parts.

The Restart HS section is now in the HS3 updater.
    Tracker and Random Phrase are done, just need to test the install. They should be in the updater next week.

Restart HS allows you to
    * Restart HS
    * Reboot the Server
    * Shutdown the Server
    * Delay start HS on a server boot up

Control is via a Web Interface or Event Actions.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

ill check it out!
    since i cant register my hs3.. have problems getting ticketing pwd set... so havent bothered.. im stuck in trial mode where you have to hit the trial button
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

That sounds great.... How would you use this, some kind of message in the log? What will trigger the action?
      Hector
      MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
        That sounds great.... How would you use this, some kind of message in the log? What will trigger the action?
        The trigger can be anything that would trigger any HS event.
        You just set up the event action by selecting Restart Plugin in the Action section.
        Attached Files
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thks for rponding,Can you give a example on what scenario trigger can be used?
          Hector
          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

In my case, I am using an HS2 version as I have not gone production with HS3 yet.
            My server is starting to have problems with the network connector built into the motherboard. I have to reboot the server to get it working again.
            I also use UltraMon and have 4 websites setup to get checked. If all 4 websites go offline I consider the internet connection down and it sets a device to off. I can then trigger a server reboot on the device change.

I know some users reboot their server once a week to keep it running good. You could trigger it based on a time and day of week.

The other way I use it is that I have an icon in my windows startup folder. When I had an icon to HS I would run into issues where HS would start before the network had connected. This caused a couple of issues with a script that needed the connection. It would sometimes recover, other times it would not recover and would cause errors.
            I use this be setting a 45 second delay on the start of HS. That is enough time for the network to connect.
            --
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Wow, this has great potential!!! Aim going to give t a try... Will this be a paid plugi?
              Hector
              AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

This will be a free one.
                --
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Jeff, this looks good, I will surely be using it as well. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

Comment

Hi Jeff

Is the Restart plugin 'Linuxed'?

I am not seeing it in the updater on my Ubuntu HS3 machine

Many thanks
                    James
                    cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
                      I have split the Misc Plugin into 3 parts.

The Restart HS section is now in the HS3 updater.
                      Tracker and Random Phrase are done, just need to test the install. They should be in the updater next week.

Restart HS allows you to
                      * Restart HS
                      * Reboot the Server
                      * Shutdown the Server
                      * Delay start HS on a server boot up

Control is via a Web Interface or Event Actions.
                      CF, can you use this for shutting down HS and then shut down server in a event of a power failure, if so how would you go about doing this? Could it be with a ups plugin of some sort? I know you have this for HS3, but do you also have this for HS2?
                      Hector
                      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                        Hi Jeff

Is the Restart plugin 'Linuxed'?

I am not seeing it in the updater on my Ubuntu HS3 machine

Many thanks
                        James

No, it hasn't been set to run on Linux.
                        --
                        Jeff Farmer
                        HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                          CF, can you use this for shutting down HS and then shut down server in a event of a power failure, if so how would you go about doing this? Could it be with a ups plugin of some sort? I know you have this for HS3, but do you also have this for HS2?

For HS2, the restart plugin was part of the Misc Plugin.

You could setup an event that triggers on the UPS plugins device going offline. For example, I use tenHSPower for my UPS in HS2. I have an event that triggers on Device tenHsPower UPS AC Line Status value becomes equal to Offline

The event action would then be: Misc Plug-In: Server Action: Shutdown Server

This would cover the shutdown of the server.

There isn't a way to have a plugin restart the server. You have to set that in the computer BIOS. When you boot up your server you should have a way to press a key to go into the BIOS settings. In the settings you may have an option on what the computer should do when power is restored. In my case I have it set to Auto Start on power restore.

So power goes out, the server gets shut down. When power comes back on, the server starts up.

I have a shortcut to the restartHomeseer.exe in my startup folder. This allows the server to get up and running before HS gets started. I have mine set to a 45 second delay.
                          --
                          Jeff Farmer
                          HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
                            For HS2, the restart plugin was part of the Misc Plugin.

You could setup an event that triggers on the UPS plugins device going offline. For example, I use tenHSPower for my UPS in HS2. I have an event that triggers on Device tenHsPower UPS AC Line Status value becomes equal to Offline

The event action would then be: Misc Plug-In: Server Action: Shutdown Server

This would cover the shutdown of the server.

There isn't a way to have a plugin restart the server. You have to set that in the computer BIOS. When you boot up your server you should have a way to press a key to go into the BIOS settings. In the settings you may have an option on what the computer should do when power is restored. In my case I have it set to Auto Start on power restore.

So power goes out, the server gets shut down. When power comes back on, the server starts up.

I have a shortcut to the restartHomeseer.exe in my startup folder. This allows the server to get up and running before HS gets started. I have mine set to a 45 second delay.
                            But what happens to HS if you shut down server? HS is still running? Wouldn't It corrupt files to HS ?
                            Hector
                            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

The way I wrote the functions is the restartHomeseer.exe is run.
                              Then the command to shutdown HS is ran.

So HS starts shutting down at the same time that the server is starting to close any other programs that are running.
                              --
                              Jeff Farmer
                              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
                              X