Restart HS for HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
    For HS2, the restart plugin was part of the Misc Plugin.
    So for HS2 I have to use the whole package?
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
      So for HS2 I have to use the whole package?
      The plugin installs as one but on the Admin page you can select which of the parts you want to use.
      Attached Files
      --
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

This looks like a very interesting plugin. One I could have used when I was in Myanmar last month. Question is, as I run HS as a service, can it be configured to shutdown the service, then restart HS?

Thanks,

Robert
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it would work to shutdown the service as HomeSeer has a built in command for shutting itself down.

The problem you would have is the restart is going to run the program from the HomeSeer directory as a command line, not a service.
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

I was thinking if I can shutdown HS and reboot the server, the service will automatically restart on reboot.
            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

That would work. Just don't put a shortcut in your startup folder to the restartHomeseer.exe program.
              --
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

The plugin installs as one but on the Admin page you can select which of the parts you want to use.
                Does the package have the delay restart for HS? How is this plugin called in the updater "Included scripts"?
                Hector
                AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Reload the HS2 Updater page. It will show in the "All Others" section.
                  It wasn't showing earlier but I fixed the file that displays it so it is showing now.

And yes, it will place the restartHomeseer.exe in the HS2\BIN\miscPlugin\ directory. Just right click on restartHomeSeer.exe and click Create Shortcut. Place the shortcut in your startup folder.
                  --
                  Jeff Farmer
                  HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

And yes, it will place the restartHomeseer.exe in the HS2\BIN\miscPlugin\ directory. Just right click on restartHomeSeer.exe and click Create Shortcut. Place the shortcut in your startup folder.
                    So Jeff, if I do this procedure homesee will start off with the delay needed?
                    Hector
                    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

You have to setup the delayed time first.
                      You should have a Misc Plugin Admin button on the HS web pages. Click on that. Then click on the Restart HS button. You need to enter the number of seconds that you want HS to be delayed on startup.

The second box is if you use the button to just Restart HS.
                      Enter a number in both boxes and click Save. Now when your server starts up, it will run restartHomeseer.exe from the shortcut you put in the startup folder. It will look up the delay time and then wait that long and start HS.
                      --
                      Jeff Farmer
                      HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Jeff

does this page look rigth?
                        Attached Files
                        Hector
                        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

This is the page where you enter the delays.
                          Attached Files
                          --
                          Jeff Farmer
                          HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Thanks for your help CF, is there a help document in that package that explains the rest of the features?
                            Hector
                            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

For any of my plugins, look in the HS/Docs directory.
                              There should be a directory with the same name as the plugin.
                              There will be a Word document in that directory with the documentation.
                              --
                              Jeff Farmer
                              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Thks Jeff found the documentation, I have another question, the plug-in made two devices one that says "miscellaneous plug-in active module", and the other is "miscellaneous plug-in version", will these change state in any time? I have played with the different restarts of the plug-in but they always say "never set" is that normal?
                                Hector
                                AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Working...
                                X