Trigger question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigger question

Hi, how does restart gets its trigger to shutdown PC then restart HS?
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

All of the Restart types are an action in the HS devices.
    The trigger would be any of the available triggers that you want to use.

You could set it to reboot by date and time.
    By received email.
    If the temperature in Lawrence is 35. Actually triggers aren't available in weatherXML yet. I just got actions added. Triggers will be next.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

How about in a event of power lost?
      Hector
      MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Are you talking about the power goes out and your server is on a UPS?

If so, are you using any of the UPS plugins? If so, you can trigger on the device value change that tracks if you are on battery. The problem there is if you trigger a server reboot it would shut down and then start back up. You would want to do a Server shutdown.
        Once the server is shutdown and power comes back on, your server may not start backup. You should have a setting in your bios to allow you to set what the computer should do when power is restored. I have mine set to turn back on when power is restored. As the server starts back up you want a short cut in your startup folder to the restartHomeSeer.exe program. It will look in the ini file to see how long it should wait to start HomeSeer. It's not using HS ini functions so its not affected by HS not being started yet.

Instead of placing a shortcut to HomeSeer in your computers startup folder add a shortcut to restartHomeseer.exe. You computer will boot up and run restartHomeseer. restartHomeseer will wait the entered number of seconds and then start HomeSeer. restartHomeseer.exe is in the C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Bin\restart directory.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Working...
        X