Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Restart Plug-in for Windows 8.1 64b Machine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restart Plug-in for Windows 8.1 64b Machine?

I cannot get it to work.

Notes
    1) I have HS3Pro starting on boot, delayed for 1 minute via scheduler

Issues:
    1) The plug-in is able to shut HS down, but cannot restart it.
    2) It doesn't shut down the machine.

Any idea's?
    Last edited by ServiceXp; May 22, 2015, 04:30 PM.
    RJ_Make On YouTube

I only use it to restart HS. Didn't know that it could restart the whole system.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
      I only use it to restart HS. Didn't know that it could restart the whole system.
      Are you running Win 8.1?
      RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Nope. But does it matter? You're selecting the "Reboot Server" option from the dropdown and the system doesn't reboot?

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
          I cannot get it to work.

Notes
          1) I have HS3Pro starting on boot, delayed for 1 minute via scheduler

Issues:
          1) The plug-in is able to shut HS down, but cannot restart it.

Any idea's?

Lets work on one at a time.

If you would open Task Manager. Look in the processes and make sure that restartHomeSeer is not in the list.

Open a browser and click on the Restart HomeSeer button. Check the Task Manager and restartHomeSeer should now be running. Watch for HomeSeer to close. Is restartHomeSeer still running? It should be.
          It should stay running until HS starts up.
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
            Lets work on one at a time.

If you would open Task Manager. Look in the processes and make sure that restartHomeSeer is not in the list.

Open a browser and click on the Restart HomeSeer button. Check the Task Manager and restartHomeSeer should now be running. Watch for HomeSeer to close. Is restartHomeSeer still running? It should be.
            It should stay running until HS starts up.
            Ok, so I think I may have found the reason why neither are working for me.

When I reboot my HS Windows 8.1 "server" (headless Machine), I don't have windows automatically log in. I just load HS via a delayed scheduled task.

When I log in AFTER I have sent the restart command, HS is not running, but your restartHomeSeer program is, just sitting there..

If I run the commands while logged into the desktop everything seems to work.

I'm going to see if having windows log-in on start up fixes it.
            RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

CONFIRMED

A user must be log-in for any of the functions to work..
              RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Yep. You can't run HS3 as a service. For better or for worse you need to be logged in. Doesn't bother me much.. but then again I'm not a Unix guy. If I were I'd probably blow a seal over this.....

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                  Yep. You can't run HS3 as a service. For better or for worse you need to be logged in. Doesn't bother me much.. but then again I'm not a Unix guy. If I were I'd probably blow a seal over this.....
                  Just to clarify, I'm not actually running HS3 as a service. I'm just starting the .exe via a delayed scheduled (on startup) task. It works perfectly for HS3, but not so much for this plug-in..

The fix for me was to force windows to log-in a user automatically and set the screen saver to trip on 1 min, and require password.
                  RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Working...
                  X