Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warning - Duplicate device name add suffix.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning - Duplicate device name add suffix.

Only 3 out of 5 nodes seems to be found/monitored. One missing node is a Neocool water leak sensor and the other is a NeoCool PIR. I have another NeoCool PIR of the same type and it is found/monitored correctly.

In the log I get 4 entries like this when entering the config-page:
    “Warning - Duplicate device name add suffix.”

I have renamed both the root and the battery device of the ones that are missing, but it didn’t help.

Any suggestions?

Originally posted by ZoRaC View Post
    Only 3 out of 5 nodes seems to be found/monitored. One missing node is a Neocool water leak sensor and the other is a NeoCool PIR. I have another NeoCool PIR of the same type and it is found/monitored correctly.

In the log I get 4 entries like this when entering the config-page:
    “Warning - Duplicate device name add suffix.”

I have renamed both the root and the battery device of the ones that are missing, but it didn’t help.

Any suggestions?
    Hi,

The warnings in the log about duplicate device names when you enter the config page are not a concern. They are generated when the lists of battery devices are created. The pi adds a suffx to the duplicate names in the drop down lists, not to the actual device, so they are unique. The warning messages only show if the LogLevel is set to 1 or 2.

Are there any 'Z-Wave Wake-Up Notification Received...' messages in your log for the 2 nodes that haven't been picked up?

Steve

Comment

Working...
    X