Devices that require polling drop down list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devices that require polling drop down list

if I check items that require polling only two show on the list. I can’t seem to check more than two. The devices I am having problems with are two everspring ST814 and one Dome water sensor. They have been in waiting mode since late October.

Originally posted by ralnet View Post
    if I check items that require polling only two show on the list. I can’t seem to check more than two. The devices I am having problems with are two everspring ST814 and one Dome water sensor. They have been in waiting mode since late October.
    The list only shows devices with batteries that can be polled. Do you mean your list only has 2 devices or you can only select 2 of the devices in the list?
    If you think the list isn't being fully populated, turn on LogLevel=2, close and reopen the config page and post back with the SDJ-Health messages from the log whilst the config page was opening.

The ST814 is a non-listening device, the leak sensor probably is too, although I am not familiar with it. They certainly won't be in the pollable list but should be picked up automatically by the plug-in the first time they wake up. You say they are in waiting mode so it sounds like they have been picked up and monitoring devices created but a further wakeup has not been detected to set the sleep period. Check you log for ZWave messages of the form '..Z-Wave Wake-Up Notification Received...' with the node number of each of these devices. Let me know what you find.

Do you have other devices being monitored ok or are these your only battery devices?

Steve

Comment

I have attached two screen captures. I can only select two battery devices that can be monitored.. Actuall the system selected them for me..
      Attached Files

Comment

I have attached two screen captures. I can only select two battery devices that can be monitored.. Actuall the system selected them for me..
        I'm a little confused so I need to go through this one step at a time so I understand your issue correctly.

You said that if you check items that require polling only two show on the list. However, you have 6 devices selected for polling according to your screenshot. Were you referring to the devices that require activity checking? Are you saying that you can only select 2 devices from this list?

From your screenshot you have 8 devices currently being monitored. Presumably that is 6 by Polling and 2 by Activity Checking. Is that correct?
        It doesn't appear that you have any devices detected automatically and being monitored by wakeups.

IMPORTANT – If you want to monitor wakeups of Z-Wave non-listening devices it is necessary to have ‘Log Poll and Wake-up Messages’ checked in ‘Plugins>Z-Wave>Z-Wave Network and Options’. Can you check you have this set as per the guide. Did you have a look through your log for wake-up notification messages as per my previous reply?

As long as the above is checked and the zwave pi is logging wake-up messages any ZWave non listening devices like your ST814 and your leak sensor should be picked up automatically by the pi and monitored. You don't have to select them from any lists. It won't happen instantly it happens the first time they wake-up.
        These devices shouldn't appear in the polling list as 'Supports Status' is False for them. If they did and you were able to select them that perhaps that was a bug in an earlier version of the plug-in. I would suggest you make sure these 2 devices are not selected in either of the lists and then delete the corresponding monitoring children from the HS web interface. Then they should be picked up automatically and new monitoring devices created when they next wake-up. The second time they wake-up they will have their sleep time set and change from Waiting to Healthy. Let me know how you get on.

Listening devices, like your locks, are always on, they don't wake up at set intervals, so to monitor them you need to select them from the poling list or activity list depending on which method you wish to use. Polling is better if it is a device that doesn't necessarily show regular activity. It also looks like you do have your locks selected and they are being monitored. It looks like you have reduced the default polling interval from 360 to 20 minutes. I wouldn't recommend this as it's generally best to keep poling to a minimum. Of course that is up to you and depends how quickly you need to know that you have a dead battery in a lock.

Steve

Comment

Thank you Steve,

I checked the Zwave options log poll and wakeup and all devices are reporting. I also change the poll list for non listening devices and locks as you stated.

I have had this plugin since its inception and it just always worked until around 10/26/2018. My notes show that on that date I upgraded the zwave plugin to it's latest beta.

Thanks again Steve for yo Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture3.PNG
Views:	187
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	1263224Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture3.PNG
Views:	160
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	1263225 ur time.

Comment

Thank you Steve,

I checked the Zwave options log poll and wakeup and all devices are reporting. I also change the poll list for non listening devices and locks as you stated.

I have had this plugin since its inception and it just always worked until around 10/26/2018. My notes show that on that date I upgraded the zwave plugin to it's latest beta.
            I'm sorry but I don't fully understand your issues so you need to be more specific with your answers.

What version of HS3 and ZWave are you running.

You have the Log Poll and Wakeup messages correctly selected but have you looked through your log and identified wake up notification messages for the nodes that represent the ST814 and the leak sensor? If so how often do they occur.

So, in the list of devices for polling you now only have the locks selected?
            How many selected devices?
            Have you deleted the monitoring child devices for the ST814 and Leak sensor as per my response above?
            If so have they woken up yet?
            What SDJ-Health monitoring child devices do you currently have and what are their status? Can you update the screenshot of these.

You say it was working until 10/26/2018 but the screenshots show the Bathroom Second Floor Humidity did an initial dummy check on 10/7/2018 and never updated after that. Similar for the Electric Room Dome Water Sensor. Are these the ST814 and Leak Sensor and are you saying they were monitoring ok until 10/26/18?

Thanks,
            Steve

Comment

I have only three locks selected for polling. Nothing else.
              It was in October that I stopped monitoring the three devices Humidity sensors ST814 and Dome water sensor.
              I deleted all the child devices and after some time all devices show up operational
              See attached for devices being monitored

Current Date/Time: 11/30/2018 1:45:17 PM Eastern Standard Time
              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.478 (Windows)
              HomeSeer: Is Registered
              Operating System: Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard - Work Station
              OS Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack: 1.0
              System Uptime: 18 Days 3 Hours 23 Minutes 20 Seconds
              User Name and Access Level: rhralyea@verizon.net (Admin)
              LAN IP Address: 192.168.1.215 (hometroller)
              Client IP Address: 192.168.1.225 (Vizio.fios-router.home)
              External IP Address: 100.8.94.38 (pool-100-8-94-38.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
              Network Adapter: Adapter -> Realtek RTL8188EE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC IP: 192.168.1.182/24 MAC: B0:C0:90:92:96:96
              Network Adapter: Adapter -> Intel(R) I211 Gigabit Network Connection #3 IP: 192.168.1.215/24 MAC: 80:EE:73:BE4:11
              Network Adapter: HomeSeer Adapter -> Loopback Address (localhost) IP: 127.0.0.1
              Web Server Port: 80
              Number of Devices: 529
              Number of Events: 66
              Event Last Ran: Virtual : Dishwasher OFF, Ran at 11/30/2018 1:45:07 PM
              Number of unique event scripts used: 0
              Connected Speaker Clients: HOMETROLLER (192.168.1.215)EFAULT
              Plug-Ins Enabled: UltraCID3:,UltraSMTP3:,UltraM1G3:,BLLAN:,APCUPSD:,LutronCase ta:,EasyTrigger:,HSBuddy:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:
              Processor Type and Speed: x64 Family 6 Model 61 Stepping 4 at 1.02 GHz
              Modules/Threads: 124 Modules, 107 Threads
              Available Threads: 200
              System Processes/Load: 85 Processes, 57% Load
              Free / Total Physical Memory: 902.26 MBytes / 1.89 GBytes (47% free)
              Free / Total Virtual Memory: 2.42 GBytes / 3.78 GBytes (64% free)
              HomeSeer Memory Used: 158 Mbytes
              Plug-In Memory Used: 10 EXE Plug-Ins using 248 Mbytes
              Attached Files

Comment

I have only three locks selected for polling. Nothing else.
                It was in October that I stopped monitoring the three devices Humidity sensors ST814 and Dome water sensor.
                I deleted all the child devices and after some time all devices show up operational
                See attached for devices being monitored
                So it looks like it is working fine now. That's good.

Steve

Comment

Thanks Steve. I get a few miss wakeups but the resolve themselves.

Comment

Working...
                  X