Been getting strange Z-Wave Wake-up errors in the log lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been getting strange Z-Wave Wake-up errors in the log lately

I've been getting Z-wave Wake-up errors in the log lately. They look like this:
    Z-Net Dads Room: Z-Wave Wake-Up 'No More Info' Notification error sending to Node 67(Main Level Master Bedroom Aeon Labs Multilevel Sensor).
    Honestly I don't know when they started but they are new. They all seem to be errors sending to battery devices. I get about one or two an hour it seems.

Any ideas on what they exactly mean and how I can eliminate them?

I am running the latest Z-wave version 3.0.1.249

I'm getting these too--14 in the past 24 hours--but not sure it has anything to do with SDJ-Health since the error is thrown by the z-wave plugin. Here is a thread from this morning where Daveyboy has done some troubleshooting.
    -Wade

Comment

Another use has troubleshooted this error and discovered it is associated with major delays in Z-wave Network.

Hi, I've now rebuilt my entire system onto HomeSeer with 50 Z devices and learnt a lot over the last few months, I'm now at the stage where I'm looking at

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
        I'm getting these too--14 in the past 24 hours--but not sure it has anything to do with SDJ-Health since the error is thrown by the z-wave plugin. Here is a thread from this morning where Daveyboy has done some troubleshooting.
        Did you happen to notice when these errors cropped up? I seem to think they are recent, but I'm not sure as I don't check my logs too often.

Comment

AFAIK these happen if the device goes back to sleep before the z-wave plugin has finished communicating with the device, likely due to other z-wave traffic at the time.
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Hi guys, looks like it's not just me then. I'm new to HS but been around Vera for years so know the devices and how they should react. The analysis is on the other thread but effectively to me it looks like a bug with the HS Z-wave add-in not allowing any new traffic until the battery devices have timed out. Of course the battery devices will only be awake for seconds so why HS is halting the system for c.50 seconds is beyond me. Fair enough that they should time out (and then at a user set level), but not hold up other traffic.

This won't be apparent until you've got a heavy used system with 50+ z devices and regular wakeups.

Oh - and it's nothing to do with SDJ-Health - I thought it was yesterday too, disabled it and the errors persisted. Better to reply on the other thread guys...........

Comment

It new and I think part of the Z-Wave 3.0.1.246. I'm running the linux version of hs3pro. I updated at Nov 15 (Nov 15 09:37 HSPI_ZWave.exe). I started getting these messages on Nov 17 and hadn't had the message before (checked back to beginning of the year.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	277
Size:	210.6 KB
ID:	1264577
              Len

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
              Linux version: Linux homeseer Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64
              Number of Devices: 633
              Number of Events: 773

Enabled Plug-Ins
              2.0.54.0: BLBackup
              2.0.40.0: BLLAN
              3.0.0.48: EasyTrigger
              30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
              3.0.6.2: SDJ-Health
              3.0.0.87: weatherXML
              3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Comment

I’ve seen those messages on older versions of the z-wave plugin as well.
                HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

It could be in earlier z-wave versions. I think I was runnin .190 before I recently upgraded zwave to 246. I tend to skip patches if the release notes do not apply to my setup or something isn't working correctly. Unfortunately the release notes do not contain all fixes.
                  Len

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
                  Linux version: Linux homeseer Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64
                  Number of Devices: 633
                  Number of Events: 773

Enabled Plug-Ins
                  2.0.54.0: BLBackup
                  2.0.40.0: BLLAN
                  3.0.0.48: EasyTrigger
                  30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
                  3.0.6.2: SDJ-Health
                  3.0.0.87: weatherXML