Battery Level Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery Level Help

I installed this plug-in a couple of days ago. It has found 5 battery devices but it's showing the battery level of 100% on 4 of them. Couple of them are two years old so I can't see the battery level still at 100%. Could this be a problem with the plug-in or my device?

Also neither of my two door locks showing in the plug-in.

I have no idea where to start.

Thanks
    Jim

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	1269400

Originally posted by jbfoster View Post
    I installed this plug-in a couple of days ago. It has found 5 battery devices but it's showing the battery level of 100% on 4 of them. Couple of them are two years old so I can't see the battery level still at 100%. Could this be a problem with the plug-in or my device?

Also neither of my two door locks showing in the plug-in.

I have no idea where to start.

Thanks
    Jim
    Hi Jim,

Have you found the guide to the plug-in? It is installed in your HS3 ../docs folder but can also be found attached to a sticky thread in this forum.

The plug-in picks up and starts monitoring non-listening ZWave battery devices automatically as they wakeup. These will be the 5 devices you see currently monitored.
    Your locks on the other hand, whilst battery powered, are listening devices. That is they are always on, which they have to be so that they can respond immediately to sent commands. As such they don't wake-up at preset intervals like other battery devices. You can add these devices to be monitored by the plug-in on the SDJ-Health/Config page. They should appear in the drop down list of devices that can be monitored by polling. Select the locks in this list and within a few minutes monitoring devices will be created. The plug-in will poll these devices at the configured interval so you can be alerted when they stop responding, as well as other alerts you may choose on battery level etc.

The actual devices are owned by the ZWave plug-in which handles all communications, other plug-ins can't communicate directly with the ZWave devices. The battery level will be that which is reported in HS3 by the ZWave plug-in. I'm presuming that the actual battery devices are showing 100% as well as the monitoring devices, if not let me know.

Many devices are not good at reporting battery levels and may for instance stay on 100% for long periods and die when the level is still reporting a high value. This is one of the main reasons for this plug-in as, amongst other things, it alerts you when the batteries die irrespective of what level they are reporting.

Feel free to ask any questions if this is not clear or you have any further troubles setting it up.

Steve

Comment

Hi Steve, Both my door locks now working. Too bad not all of the devices will report the correct battery level. A least I will know when the battery dies.

Thank You very much
      Jim

Comment

Working...
      X