X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery discharge rate - battery level factor

SteveMSJ
    Hi Steve,
    I have been using your plugin for a while and find it very useful for monitoring my battery devices.
    You may recall that I have Netatmo weather station that uses the UltraNetatmo plugin that reports the battery level as 0 to 10000, no 0 to 100. So the battery level factor corrects this.

However, I wonder if you have considered this when calculating the discharge rate. The Netatmo devices are reporting discharge rates of 144%, 20% and 53%. This makes me think that the battery level factor is not being considered when calculating the discharge rates.

Would it be possible to take a look at this?

​​​​​​​Thanks, Marty.
    iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Originally posted by mminehan View Post
    SteveMSJ
    Hi Steve,
    I have been using your plugin for a while and find it very useful for monitoring my battery devices.
    You may recall that I have Netatmo weather station that uses the UltraNetatmo plugin that reports the battery level as 0 to 10000, no 0 to 100. So the battery level factor corrects this.

However, I wonder if you have considered this when calculating the discharge rate. The Netatmo devices are reporting discharge rates of 144%, 20% and 53%. This makes me think that the battery level factor is not being considered when calculating the discharge rates.

Would it be possible to take a look at this?

​​​​​​​Thanks, Marty.
    Hi Marty
    I’ll have a look at this as soon as I can. Like you say I probably overlooked the factor when calculating the rate.
    None of my devices need a factor so I hadn’t noticed the issue. Should be a quick fix.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post

Hi Marty
      I’ll have a look at this as soon as I can. Like you say I probably overlooked the factor when calculating the rate.
      None of my devices need a factor so I hadn’t noticed the issue. Should be a quick fix.

Steve
      Marty,

Having looked back at my code I did update the rate calculation when I added in battery level factoring so I don't think there is anything wrong there.

Have a good look at the dates and times of your battery levels to check whether the rate is being calculated properly. You will need to look at the full display of times and readings on the SDJ-Health tab of a particular device as the pi shows the day only, without a time, in the device string.

Remember that the discharge rates are an instant of time when a battery reading is reported by the device and are calculated as a percentage drop per day. Where you have a discharge rate of 144% per day you will probably find that the device reported 2 battery levels within a short period of time. For example if it reported 80% and then 30 minutes later it reported 75% that would indicate a discharge rate of 5% over 30 minutes which is a rate of 240% per day! It doesn't mean that over a day the battery level dropped by 240% it means that the rate was 240% per day between 2 reported levels by the device.

Some devices are pretty inaccurate at reporting levels and they may jump about a bit so you get vastly fluctuating discharge rates. Devices that only report a change every few days or so can report fairly consistent discharge rates.

The discharge rates can be interesting but are rarely very useful which is why alerts are turned off by default for discharge rates.

Steve

Comment

Hi Steve,
        Thanks for having a look at this and the quick response. I'll reset the battery discharge rates on those devices and see what happens over the next few days.
        M
        iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Working...
        X