Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to change Device String name to match new Device Name

Hello,
    I recently installed this plugin and I'm noticing that as devices are waking up that it's picking up the Device Root Name and saving that to the SDJ-Health String for the new monitoring devices that are being created. I've updated the Device Root names and I'm wondering if there is a way to update the name in the SDJ-Health device string? Will this update on the next wake-up?

In the example below, you can see that I've updated the SDJ-Health device to "Guest Bedroom Sensor (Health) and the String for the device still shows "Aeon Labs Multilevel Sensor".

What names are used in future History reports? I'm wondering how much this matters?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled.png Views:	1 Size:	15.5 KB ID:	1291957
    HS3 3.0.0.500 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.71 with 782 Devices, 479 Events
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee,
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, Z-Wave 3.0.1.252

Ok....so I read the "be patient" part of the user guide....just didn't follow it very well. After the status changed from "Waiting" to "Healthy" it updated the device string. And if you are impatient like me sometimes....click on the "Refresh" button and it will update the rest. My apology.
    Plugin's:

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
      Hello,
      I recently installed this plugin and I'm noticing that as devices are waking up that it's picking up the Device Root Name and saving that to the SDJ-Health String for the new monitoring devices that are being created. I've updated the Device Root names and I'm wondering if there is a way to update the name in the SDJ-Health device string? Will this update on the next wake-up?

In the example below, you can see that I've updated the SDJ-Health device to "Guest Bedroom Sensor (Health) and the String for the device still shows "Aeon Labs Multilevel Sensor".

What names are used in future History reports? I'm wondering how much this matters?

Click image for larger version Name:	Untitled.png Views:	1 Size:	15.5 KB ID:	1291957
      The name used in the Device Strings and reports is determined by the global settings on the SDJ-Health Config page.
      NameDeviceBy: can be set to be the name of the Battery Child or the Root of the device containing the battery.
      IncludeLocInNames: Can be checked if you want the Location to be included in the name.
      IncludeLoc2InNames: Can be checked if you want the Location2 to be included in the name.
      ShowDeviceRef: Can be checked if you want the device ref number included in the name.

You can change the global settings and the name used in the Device Strings will all change immediately. If you change the name of the Battery Child or Battery device's Root then the name used in the Device String/Reports will update when they next update or you click the Refresh button on the Monitoring Root device..

The name of each monitoring device is similarly affected by the Global Settings when each is created but you can edit these as you like and they won't be affected by subsequent changes to the Global Settings.

I hope this is clear.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post

The name used in the Device Strings and reports is determined by the global settings on the SDJ-Health Config page.
        NameDeviceBy: can be set to be the name of the Battery Child or the Root of the device containing the battery.
        IncludeLocInNames: Can be checked if you want the Location to be included in the name.
        IncludeLoc2InNames: Can be checked if you want the Location2 to be included in the name.
        ShowDeviceRef: Can be checked if you want the device ref number included in the name.

You can change the global settings and the name used in the Device Strings will all change immediately. If you change the name of the Battery Child or Battery device's Root then the name used in the Device String/Reports will update when they next update or you click the Refresh button on the Monitoring Root device..

The name of each monitoring device is similarly affected by the Global Settings when each is created but you can edit these as you like and they won't be affected by subsequent changes to the Global Settings.

I hope this is clear.

Steve
        Hey Steve,
        Yes, that makes sense. This is an awesome plugin! After spending some more time with it, you have a lot of different customizations and you have really thought of everything. Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        Plugin's:

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post

Hey Steve,
          Yes, that makes sense. This is an awesome plugin! After spending some more time with it, you have a lot of different customizations and you have really thought of everything. Thank you!
          I’m glad you like it.
          Steve

Comment

Working...
          X