Missing devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing devices

I just dowloaded the plugin and picked up all my devices except the blind motors. They are z-wave and battery operated. Any idea why? Here is the some info on one of the devices
    Reference ID 968
    Technology Address 003D3BC4-039-Q44
    Status 34 = Dim
    Value 34 = "34%"
    String
    Supports Status True
    Dimmable False
    Interface Z-Wave
    Extra Data Store 37 Named entries, 0 UnNamed entries.
    Device Type Internal Plug-In API, Type: Plug-In Type 0, SubType:
    Device Type (String)
    Misc Settings Show Values, Generate Voice Command
    Device Image File images\Devices\Image-Not-Selected.png
    Thumbnail Image File images\Devices\Image-Not-Selected_small.png
    Relationship Status Child
    Associated Devices Node 39 Z-Wave Switch

Originally posted by freeon View Post
    I just dowloaded the plugin and picked up all my devices except the blind motors. They are z-wave and battery operated. Any idea why? Here is the some info on one of the devices
    Reference ID 968
    Technology Address 003D3BC4-039-Q44
    Status 34 = Dim
    Value 34 = "34%"
    String
    Supports Status True
    Dimmable False
    Interface Z-Wave
    Extra Data Store 37 Named entries, 0 UnNamed entries.
    Device Type Internal Plug-In API, Type: Plug-In Type 0, SubType:
    Device Type (String)
    Misc Settings Show Values, Generate Voice Command
    Device Image File images\Devices\Image-Not-Selected.png
    Thumbnail Image File images\Devices\Image-Not-Selected_small.png
    Relationship Status Child
    Associated Devices Node 39 Z-Wave Switch
    I don't have any knowledge of these devices. Can you post details and I will look it up.

Having said that if it is a device you can control then I suspect it is a listening device, i.e. it is always on it doesn't sleep and wake like most battery sensor and motion devices. If so then the plug-in won't detect it automatically. You should find it is a pollable device and therefore it will appear in the 'Select Devices that Require Polling' list. Select it in this list and the plug-in will monitor the device by polling it at the set interval.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
      Having said that if it is a device you can control then I suspect it is a listening device, i.e. it is always on it doesn't sleep and wake like most battery sensor and motion devices. If so then the plug-in won't detect it automatically. You should find it is a pollable device and therefore it will appear in the 'Select Devices that Require Polling' list. Select it in this list and the plug-in will monitor the device by polling it at the set interval.
      p.s. If it isn't in the list of devices that can be monitored by polling, post a screenshot of the advanced tab of the battery child. I'm presuming the one you posted isn't the battery child of the device?

Steve

Comment

Yes they were in the 'Select Devices that Require Polling' list. It appears to be working now however, as per screenshot 1 they are listed as switch. As you can see from second screenshot each blind has 4 devices. One is in fact called switch. It also has one labelled battery. It is monitoring the correct battery level, so how come it's not listing Kitchen battery instead of switch. I did rename one of those "switch" last night to "battery level". I didn't change anything in the list after hitting refresh, however this morning it is now correctly being displayed as battery level. I can rename them all if need be. No big issue. Just wondering more than anything.
        Attached Files

Comment

Never mind. I should have read the manual before posting instead of after. I see there is an option for "name by device". The only issue is now the devices that were displaying correctly before only has battery for name in battery device so I'll have to rename those. No bid deal. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Never mind. I should have read the manual before posting instead of after. I see there is an option for "name by device". The only issue is now the devices that were displaying correctly before only has battery for name in battery device so I'll have to rename those. No bid deal. Thanks for your help.
            Yes, as you have found you can set it to use the name of the Root or the name of the Battery Child in the report. You can also change the name of the Monitoring child device to anything you want, as well as the Location1 and 2.

One other point, it looks from your screenshot as though you are monitoring them by Activity rather than Polling, the devices say 'Last good check' rather than 'Last good poll'. That is fine if you want to avoid any polling but if the devices are of the type that neither the Root nor any of its Children might not change their value on a regular basis, the pi will alert when the Activity time period has passed. Polling is a better way of monitoring such devices.

Activity checking works fine for a sensor (e.g. temp or lux) where at least one of the child devices is likely to change it's value regularly. For something like a lock (and possibly your blinds) where if you go away they might sit idle for a considerable time, polling is much better.

Steve

Comment

I assume you mean this setting? If so I just changed it.

Attached Files

Comment

I assume you mean this setting? If so I just changed it.
                No. What I meant is that it appears you have selected the devices in the 'Activity Checking' list rather then the 'Polling' list.
                They are separate lists on the config page.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lists.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	1333935

Steve

Comment

Got it. Changed it to polling. Got some testing to do but I think this will do what I'm looking for. Thanks again for the help.

Comment

Got it. Changed it to polling. Got some testing to do but I think this will do what I'm looking for. Thanks again for the help.
                    No problem,
                    Steve

Comment

Two of my door locks don't appear to be working correctly. the other works fine so I assume it's configure correctly? I read the manual this time, didn't find a solution.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled.jpg Views:	0 Size:	34.1 KB ID:	1334738

Comment

Two of my door locks don't appear to be working correctly. the other works fine so I assume it's configure correctly? I read the manual this time, didn't find a solution.

Click image for larger version Name:	Untitled.jpg Views:	0 Size:	34.1 KB ID:	1334738
                        Hi freeon,

The Detached Garage device is showing as No Monitoring. Are you sure it is selected in the list of devices requiring polling?

If it is then I'm not sure what the issue is. Try deleting the SDJ-Health monitoring child for the device which, if SDJ-Health is running, will also remove it from the list. Set the LogLevel to 2 and then select the device from the polling list. After a few minutes the pi should create a new monitoring child for the device. Filter the log for SDJ-health messages and see what it says about polling the device. You might need to note down the RefID of the Root and Battery child of the lock to be sure which messages in the log are for that device.
                        You will also want to set the LogLevel back to 1 once you have gathered information.

If it isn't in the list then select it and see if the device string for the monitoring device changes to reflect that it is being polled. It might be a while before you see much change depending on your settings. You could delete the monitoring child anyway and re-select to create a new one which will trigger an initial poll to avoid waiting.

Post your findings and I will see if I can help.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post

The Detached Garage device is showing as No Monitoring. Are you sure it is selected in the list of devices requiring polling?

I thought for sure I had selected all 3 but it looks like I had only selected the one. It looks OK now. Thanks again.

Comment

I thought for sure I had selected all 3 but it looks like I had only selected the one. It looks OK now. Thanks again.
                            Glad it's working.
                            You aren't going mad though, it must have been selected somewhere at some point for a monitoring child to be created. I'm not sure why it should have become deselected.

If you have any other issues then don't hesitate to post.
                            Steve

Comment

Working...
                            X