Missed update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missed update

I have been noticing that the PI has missed updating itself even though the log shows that the PI updated it's database. Please look at the log and the posting.

As you can see, the motion sensor sent a battery update on Oct 28, the PI updated the database, but the PI didn't seem to update itself. The front porch battery is device #224

Most of the devices were working up to a couple of weeks ago. Not sure what has changed, running ver 3.0.7.1 of your PI. Haven't updated or restarted HS3 itself for well over a month. HS3 3.0.0.531, Z-Wave ver 3.0.1.252

Just trying to make sense as to what is going on.

Originally posted by gthensl View Post
    I have been noticing that the PI has missed updating itself even though the log shows that the PI updated it's database. Please look at the log and the posting.

As you can see, the motion sensor sent a battery update on Oct 28, the PI updated the database, but the PI didn't seem to update itself. The front porch battery is device #224

Most of the devices were working up to a couple of weeks ago. Not sure what has changed, running ver 3.0.7.1 of your PI. Haven't updated or restarted HS3 itself for well over a month. HS3 3.0.0.531, Z-Wave ver 3.0.1.252

Just trying to make sense as to what is going on.

Have you got any:

"...Z-Wave Wake-Up Notification Received..."

messages in your log for the node number of this device?

Steve

Comment

The log shows there hasn't been any wakeup since Oct 12. That morning I updated my 'Easy Trigger' PI and added (2) WD-200 dimmers. The system did have some troubles adding those dimmers. That is the only thing that I have done to update the system since this all started.

Comment

The log shows there hasn't been any wakeup since Oct 12. That morning I updated my 'Easy Trigger' PI and added (2) WD-200 dimmers. The system did have some troubles adding those dimmers. That is the only thing that I have done to update the system since this all started.
        It sounds like your Z-Wave pi has stopped logging wake-up messages for whatever reason. I have occasionally seen the Z-Wave pi have issues after including a new device, usually using Z-Tool. The cpu maxes out until the ZWave pi is restarted which has been reported several times in the Z-Wave forum. I have also seen this cause wake-up notifications to stop. Best test is to disable the Z-Wave pi, wait a minute, then re-enable it. See if the Wake-Up messages resume.

Also double check that 'Log Poll and Wake-up Messages' is still ticked on the 'Z-Wave Networks and Options' page.

Let me know if this sorts the issue.

Steve

Comment

I have done all of that and will report tomorrow what I find.

Also, I have check one of the motion sensors that is battery powered that is not reporting anymore, on the zwave page of the parent device, the polling interval is set to 0 hrs 0 mins, will that make a difference. That has always been set to that.

Thank you

Greg

Comment

Also, I have check one of the motion sensors that is battery powered that is not reporting anymore, on the zwave page of the parent device, the polling interval is set to 0 hrs 0 mins, will that make a difference. That has always been set to that.
            Hi Greg

No, that doesn’t matter, the pi monitors the wake-up messages not polling. It may effect whether or not battery levels are reported if it is an old device, most modern devices report the battery level without polling.

Steve

Comment

Restarting the PI did the trick.

Thank you

Comment

Restarting the PI did the trick.
                That's good news.

Because of that bug in the Z-Wave pi, I make a habit of restarting Z-Wave after I have done any device inclusion, not that I do that very often these days. I'm hoping that HS might spot the cause of the bug when updating the Z-Wave pi to HS4.
                https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...u-issues/page2

Steve

Comment

Working...
                X