replied
    Working perfectly, Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• SteveMSJ
    replied
    Originally posted by RGMessick View Post
    Thanks
    RGMessick
    I've posted 3.0.8.5 to the beta section which should work on HS4. Can you let me know if it solves your problem.

Thanks,
    Steve

Leave a comment:

• RGMessick
    replied
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• SteveMSJ
    replied
    This may be some security setting on my end, but neither of the general devices reports are working for me in HS4 (4.0.4.0) and Windows 10 (1909). The links are created but display a 404 error "page...does not exist" when clicking the report buttons. I've added the links to Jon00Links and they also don't work there. I think it's because of the spaces in the links are being displayed as %20 which is not working for me in Chrome or Edge on multiple computers. I created a batch file that renames the links to have a "-" in place of the spaces and that works for Jon00Links but there is no way to change them in SDJ-Health, is that correct?
    You are correct, I've just tested in HS4 with the same result as you. I don't understand why, as in HS3 it works fine. Also, the addresses of the config pages have spaces, showing as %20, and they show ok in HS4.

It seems like some weirdness in HS4 but, rather than trying to get HS to investigate, it is probably easier for me to modify the pi. I don't want to just remove the spaces as it will break links that users have set up in events or HSTouch. Whilst it would be easy for me to change my links in HSTouch I don't want to bust other peoples. Best way will be if I can detect whether HS4 is running and if so remove the spaces. If I can't do that I will add an option.

I'll let you know when I post a beta.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• SteveMSJ
    replied
    This may be some security setting on my end, but neither of the general devices reports are working for me in HS4 (4.0.4.0) and Windows 10 (1909). The links are created but display a 404 error "page...does not exist" when clicking the report buttons. I've added the links to Jon00Links and they also don't work there. I think it's because of the spaces in the links are being displayed as %20 which is not working for me in Chrome or Edge on multiple computers. I created a batch file that renames the links to have a "-" in place of the spaces and that works for Jon00Links but there is no way to change them in SDJ-Health, is that correct?
    That's odd. I'll do some experimenting and get back to you.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• RGMessick
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SteveMSJ
    replied
    Originally posted by alphatech View Post
    Steve, either one would work, ideally the selection to get all the devices would be great. If is too much work, please let me know how would I add my own interface in a script, I normally use scripts that are already built since I'm not good at it
    I've added an interface called 'No Interface' which includes all the devices not owned by a plug-in. Version 3.0.8.4. in the beta section of the updater.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• SteveMSJ
    replied
    Good morning Steve, I went and check this morning and the reports are there.
    Thanks for all your help.
    Good. Thanks for the update.
    You are aware that you can trigger a scan at any time by using the Run button in the Now column on the General Devices Config page, or indeed from an event using the control on the General Health Root device. You don't have to wait for the timed scan.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• alphatech
    replied
    Good morning Steve, I went and check this morning and the reports are there.
    Thanks for all your help.

Leave a comment:

• SteveMSJ
    replied
    Running Windows, I do not see any reports. Not sure if this helps, my HS is on C Homeseer3 directory
    Can you run a scan with LogLevel=2 and see if it gives a clue as to why no reports are produced.

Leave a comment:

• alphatech
    replied

Steve, either one would work, ideally the selection to get all the devices would be great. If is too much work, please let me know how would I add my own interface in a script, I normally use scripts that are already built since I'm not good at it

Running Windows, I do not see any reports. Not sure if this helps, my HS is on C Homeseer3 directory

Leave a comment:

• SteveMSJ
    replied
    Thanks for the help Steve. Few observations and minor issues.
    I have several devices that do not use a plugin. I use a script to update those value. I would like to monitor those values.
    Hi alphatech,

It was a conscious decision to exclude non plug-in devices but maybe I should change that. Out of interest in what circumstances do you see a virtual device being dormant indicating an issue?

What I could do would be to have a 'No Interface' section that would pick up all devices not owned by a plug-in. On my system this would be a few hundred devices, but that doesn't really matter as I would select them not to be monitored. I'll look into this.

Another thought would be that if you create your virtual devices with a script you could give them your own interface name in which case they would show up in their own section.

Under Select Devices to Exclude, it does not show any devices.
    After each scan any devices that failed are added to this drop down multi select list, so you have the option to exclude them from future scans. If you have run a scan and picked up some failed devices and this drop list is empty then there is something wrong. Try turning debug on by setting LogLevel=2 then run a scan and see what SDJ-Health messages show up in the log.

You can actually manually add devices to be excluded by editing the SDJ-Health.ini file. In the [General Health Section] you can add device ref numbers to the ExclusionList parameter as per the example below. You would need to do this with the SDJ-Health plug-in disabled otherwise it will overwrite it.

[General Health]
    ExclusionList=868,2219,2124,1784

They will then be added to the drop down list on startup and remain in the list, unless you deselect them.

Under Display reports: I get this error Apr-15 11:33:33 AM Warning File does not exist: C:\HomeSeer3\html\SDJ-Health\SDJ-Health General Report-1.html
    with a bad request: same with the other report. 404 Bad Request: /SDJ-Health/SDJ-Health General Report-0.html

Thanks
    Are you on Linux? Looks like I've hard coded back slashes into the path.

If not then can you have a look in that folder on your system and see if there are any report files?
    If still nothing can you run a scan after setting LogLevel=2, filter your log for SDJ-Health messages and paste it here.

Thanks,
    Steve

Leave a comment:

• alphatech
    replied
    Thanks for the help Steve. Few observations and minor issues.
    I have several devices that do not use a plugin. I use a script to update those value. I would like to monitor those values.
    Under Select Devices to Exclude, it does not show any devices.
    Under Display reports: I get this error Apr-15 11:33:33 AM Warning File does not exist: C:\HomeSeer3\html\SDJ-Health\SDJ-Health General Report-1.html
    with a bad request: same with the other report. 404 Bad Request: /SDJ-Health/SDJ-Health General Report-0.html

Thanks
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• SteveMSJ
    replied
    Steve, great addition to your plugin. I have a request if possible. Right now I have hundred of events that check and monitor almost of my devices for time last update. These events check for all devices including non battery operated. I would normally check if the weather was updated, if the temperature sensor was updated and etc. How difficult would it be to implement into your plugin to select whatever devices you want to monitor and the ability to send an email?

Thanks
    The way the General Devices (which can include battery devices) features work is by Interface/Plug-in. So you can monitor all devices that are owned by a particular plug-in and configure the inactivity period for that interface. The plug-in can create a monitoring device for each interface and you can trigger events off that monitoring child and/or off the parent monitoring device if you so desire. After a scan the value of each monitoring device is set to the number of failures and the device string shows a brief summary. You can trigger an event off the value of the monitoring device. You can set the plug-in to run a full scan at a specific time each day or you can scan individual interfaces from events using the Scan action on the monitoring device for the interface at any time or interval you want.

You can't specifically set it to only scan particular devices, but you can set it to scan particular interfaces and then you can exclude individual devices from that interface. This way you don't have to reconfigure monitoring as you add or remove devices from HS unless you add or remove a plug-in. This works well for me. You could easily set up an event to send you an email and you could attached the html reports to the email.

The way I use it is to run a full scan at 2 o'clock in the morning and send me a report via pushover. At any time, from HSTouch or from the HS web pages, I can view a Full or Failure report showing me the status of all the devices scanned with any problem devices highlighted. I can also trigger a new scan if I want.

I don't know if you have got as far as generating the html reports, but they give you a pretty good indication of the state of the devices on your system. However, if you have some specific issues that you are trying to pick up I'm open to ideas.

Of course this is all in addition to monitoring and alerting on the state of battery devices which is more detailed and operates as previously for the plug-in.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• alphatech
    replied
    Steve, great addition to your plugin. I have a request if possible. Right now I have hundred of events that check and monitor almost of my devices for time last update. These events check for all devices including non battery operated. I would normally check if the weather was updated, if the temperature sensor was updated and etc. How difficult would it be to implement into your plugin to select whatever devices you want to monitor and the ability to send an email?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X