Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sensor unplugged, but SDJ says it was successfully polled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mlevin77 View Post
    Ok sorry for the delay, I've finally gotten a chance to try it. I think I did what you said, and then unplugged the device to check if it works. I ran the report, but it doesn't indicate anything is wrong. And, weirdly, neither does the main page - here's what I see, it doesn't seem to realize the device has been unplugged, even after I've run the SDJ report manually (after unplugging the device), which presumably would have triggered a check and a failure. Any ideas?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 9.06.18 AM.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	1447646Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 9.07.16 AM.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	1447647Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 9.08.07 AM.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	1447648
    If I'm interpreting what you have posted correctly, you unplugged the device sometime after 7:28 am today, based on the last change time of the Motion Sensor. You ran the scan for activity at 8:18 am with a specified inactivity period of 24 hours. Based on those settings it won't show a fail on the Activity Scan until you run it after 7:28 am tomorrow when it has been inactive for 24 hours. You can of course set a shorter 'Period of Inactivity'.
    Actually, as you have excluded the Motion Sensor it will actually show a failure if you scan after 6:61 am tomorrow based on your current settings.

I'm not sure why you have excluded the motion sensor child. Correct me if I am wrong, but the bug in the Z-Wave pi is only showing the Color Control updating from your events after the device is unplugged? I'm sure the motion sensor child won't keep updating if the device is dead.

Steve

Comment

Ah! Ok. I'll check it tomorrow. The reason I excluded the motion sensor child is because on the original screenshot at the beginning of the thread Click image for larger version

Name:	image_96858.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	1447724 ,
      it looked like (line 4) that child wasn't in Timeout, like the luminance was.

Comment

Ah! Ok. I'll check it tomorrow. The reason I excluded the motion sensor child is because on the original screenshot at the beginning of the thread Click image for larger version

Name:	image_96858.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	1447724 ,
        it looked like (line 4) that child wasn't in Timeout, like the luminance was.
        I understand. The temperature sensor should be reporting fairly often, when the device is working, so the device should show as healthy when plugged in without the pi resorting to polling.

Steve
        ​​​​​​

Comment

Ok seems to be working correctly! Is there any way to set different "time out" durations for different devices?

Comment

Ok seems to be working correctly! Is there any way to set different "time out" durations for different devices?
            Good, thanks for letting me know.

The Inactivity Period can be set for each interface but not for each device. So you can say have a different period for Zigbee devices than Z-Wave but not for individual devices. The level of complexity in configuration goes up enormously if you break things down to device level and in practice it isn't really necessary.

Steve

Comment

Working...
            X