Click image for larger version

Name:	sdj-health-log-email.png
Views:	109
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	1465838

Leave a comment:

• windracer
    replied
    The new variables seem to work. I was able to use "$$GLOBALVAR:SHLogType:" in the subject and then "$$GLOBALVAR:SHLogFrom:: $$GLOBALVAR:SHLogTextEx:" in the body of the e-mail and it worked great.

Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• windracer
    replied
    Thanks, Steve! I've upgraded and updated my e-mail event with the new variables. I'll let you know how it goes.

Leave a comment:

• SteveMSJ
    replied
    Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
    Not currently but it’s a good idea and relatively easy to do so, stay tuned.

Steve
    windracer I've uploaded beta version 3.1.0.1 if you want to give it a try.

When a LogMatch is found the following Global Variables are updated before triggering the Event and/or Script. These Global Variables are all of type string.
    SHLogType
    SHLogTypeEx – The LogType with matched characters highlighted
    SHLogText
    SHLogTextEx – The LogText with matched characters highlighted
    SHLogFrom
    SHLogDate

These can be used in emails, etc by using Replacement Variable $$GLOBALVAR:name: where name is the name of the Global Variable.

So, to display the text of the log message, with matching characters highlighted in red, use:

$$GLOBALVAR:SHLogTextEx:

Note – The Extended variables use html to highlight the text.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• SteveMSJ
    replied
    Originally posted by windracer View Post
    Are there any global variables available when the Log Monitor triggers an event? I'd like to get an e-mail if there's a "Z-Wave Error" in the log so I have a LogMatch set up to trigger my e-mail event based on the LogType, but I'd like to include the actual error in the LogText. Is this possible?
    Not currently but it’s a good idea and relatively easy to do so, stay tuned.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• windracer
    started a topic Log Monitor - available variables for e-mail

Log Monitor - available variables for e-mail

Are there any global variables available when the Log Monitor triggers an event? I'd like to get an e-mail if there's a "Z-Wave Error" in the log so I have a LogMatch set up to trigger my e-mail event based on the LogType, but I'd like to include the actual error in the LogText. Is this possible?
Working...
X