No announcement yet.

How to limit the amount of times I am notified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No HS wasn't restarted at all and nothing crashed. Also, I have version 4.1.18.0. Not sure what that is referring to.

Comment

Originally posted by pcgirl65 View Post
      No HS wasn't restarted at all and nothing crashed. Also, I have version 4.1.18.0. Not sure what that is referring to.
      The HS version 4 reported by SDJ-Health on pi start-up is just differentiating between HS3 and HS4. Some things in the list have to be setup differently depending on whether it is running on HS3 or HS4.

Something restarted the SDJ-Health pi, and I think this is probably the source of your issue, particularly if it was down for a while. Can you unfilter your log for the period leading up to the plug-in initializing and see if you can see what went on including when it stopped before that.

Thanks,
      Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post

The HS version 4 reported by SDJ-Health on pi start-up is just differentiating between HS3 and HS4. Some things in the list have to be setup differently depending on whether it is running on HS3 or HS4.

Something restarted the SDJ-Health pi, and I think this is probably the source of your issue, particularly if it was down for a while. Can you unfilter your log for the period leading up to the plug-in initializing and see if you can see what went on including when it stopped before that.

Thanks,
        Steve
        The other thing I see in the log is that you are running a very old version of SDJ-Health, 3.0.8.6 if I'm reading correctly, it's a bit blurred. That's well over a year old. The current version is 3.1.0.2. Please can you update.

Most of the updates in the previous year are to do with new features but from memory some have been to do with idiosyncrasies in HS4 so best to be up to date.

Steve

Comment

Here is the log for when the system shutdown. I also did a search for "Request from UI to shutdown" for the last couple of days and there were a couple of others but I might have done those myself. I definitely didn't shutdown last night because I was in bed sleeping at that time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	screencapture-192-168-1-15-8000-log-html-2021-07-16-11_01_13.png
Views:	86
Size:	386.9 KB
ID:	1484263

I checked the Plugins page but there doesn't show an update for your plugin. Do I have to get it a different way?

Comment

Here is the log for when the system shutdown. I also did a search for "Request from UI to shutdown" for the last couple of days and there were a couple of others but I might have done those myself. I definitely didn't shutdown last night because I was in bed sleeping at that time.

Click image for larger version  Name:	screencapture-192-168-1-15-8000-log-html-2021-07-16-11_01_13.png Views:	0 Size:	386.9 KB ID:	1484263

I checked the Plugins page but there doesn't show an update for your plugin. Do I have to get it a different way?
            There have been lots of reports of HS4 shutting down and it can be a number of reasons. Can you post your system Profile from the Tools>Help menu as a starting point.

Windows Updates tends to be the primary cause and most people disable automatic updates and instead update manually when convenient. However, you usually see HS4 stop before it has finished successfully shutting down in those cases which doesn't appear to be the case for you, although your log snippet doesn't quite go far enough.

There are also issues reported by others of HS4 not showing updates to plug-ins. If you go to Plug-ins>Installed there should be a little update message on plug-ins you have installed that have updates available. What does your show?

Best thing would be to update the plug-in and run HS4 for 24 hours, check there have been no restarts and repost the log and reports for that 24 hours. The restarts shouldn't cause repeated alerts, they don't on mine, but it will be easiest to figure out with a clean 24 hours.

Steve

Comment

Here is the System Profile:

Date/time=2021-07-16 1:26:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time
              Version=HS4 Standard Edition 4.1.18.0 (Windows)
              License=Registered
              Confguration File=C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data\HomeSeerData.json
              In Virtual Machine=No MFG: asrock
              Antivirus=Windows Defender
              OS=Microsoft Windows 10 Education - Work Station
              OS Version=10.0.19041
              Uptime=0 Days 13 Hours 38 Minutes 22 Seconds
              Lan IP=192.168.1.15 (Homeseer-Server)
              Device Count=702
              Event Count=95
              Processor:=Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3 at 2.70 GHz
              Modules/Threads=109 Modules, 137 Threads
              Available Threads=400
              System Load=199 Processes, 5% Load
              Free/Total Memory=3.64 GBytes / 7.68 GBytes (47% free)
              Free/Total Virtual Memory=6.81 GBytes / 11.93 GBytes (57% free)
              HomeSeer Memory Used=148 Mbytes
              Plugin Memory Used=14 EXE Plug-Ins using 406 Mbytes
              Plugins Installed=Arduino 4.0.2.16,BLBackup 2.0.61.0,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.71,Ecobee 4.0.14.0,EnvCan 3.0.0.18,HS MyQ 4.0.5.0,HSBuddy 3.17.623.0,Hubitat 3.3.1.2,JowiHue 4.0.4.8,Pushover 3P 0.0.0.48,SDJ-Health 3.1.0.2,Sonos 3.1.0.57,Sonos4 4.0.0.10,Tuya 4.0.29.0,Z-Wave 3.0.2.261
              My windows didn't update last night because I have something open in my browser and that would not still be there on a restart. My plugins page didn't show any updates at the moment so I went to the HS3 plugins and installed SDJ-Health from there and now I have version 3.1.0.2. Theres is one thing that seems odd in the Battery Devices section. Under the "Devices Requiring Activity Monitoring" even though I can see 6 items, it won't let me select the two at the top. Well I can select them but it will not recognize the selection and it will revert back to just the 4 selected. See attached. Click image for larger version

Name:	screencapture-192-168-1-15-8000-SDJ-HealthBattery-Devices-2021-07-16-13_30_55.png
Views:	87
Size:	500.5 KB
ID:	1484300

Comment

Here is the System Profile:

My windows didn't update last night because I have something open in my browser and that would not still be there on a restart. My plugins page didn't show any updates at the moment so I went to the HS3 plugins and installed SDJ-Health from there and now I have version 3.1.0.2. Theres is one thing that seems odd in the Battery Devices section. Under the "Devices Requiring Activity Monitoring" even though I can see 6 items, it won't let me select the two at the top. Well I can select them but it will not recognize the selection and it will revert back to just the 4 selected. See attached.
                If HS4 is shutting down and restarting itself and it isn't due to Windows auto updates then that is a bit worrying and likely to cause all sorts of problems. I would suggest you try and track down what is causing it. Perhaps start with the Windows Event Viewer to see if there are any clues there.

The two devices you refer to in the Activity Monitoring dropdown are presumably devices that the pi is already monitoring using Wake-Ups? That is the reason the pi won't let you select them. The general instructions are to let the pi automatically detect wake-ups and create monitoring devices for those devices before selecting other devices, if necessary, to be monitored by different methods. Once auto detected wake-up devices shouldn't even appear in the list. However, if you had selected then before their first wake-up they might stay in the dropdown but not be selectable. There is a hierarchy to the monitoring methods explained in the guide.
                ​​​​

Steve

Comment

Name:	screencapture-192-168-1-15-8000-log-html-2021-07-16-11_01_13.png
Views:	86
Size:	386.9 KB
ID:	1484263

Check your Windows system event log and your nertworking equipment.... there is a nasty bug that HS4 will shutdown if the PC loses network connectivity. Every time I do maintenance on my network (WiFi AP or network switch) HS4 will indicate that it shutdown from the UI... when I in fact did not do it.

On can easily reproduce this, simply unplug the Ethernet cable on your HS4 PC or turn off the wifi... and watch the fun begin

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post

.... there is a nasty bug that HS4 will shutdown if the PC loses network connectivity. Every time I do maintenance on my network (WiFi AP or network switch) HS4 will indicate that it shutdown from the UI... when I in fact did not do it.

On can easily reproduce this, simply unplug the Ethernet cable on your HS4 PC or turn off the wifi... and watch the fun begin
                    That sounds nasty!!
                    Have you been able to determine what particular conditions/setup on your system cause this to happen and submitted a ticket to HomeSeer?

I'm on Windows and I don't remember ever noticing this issue.
                    I just did a quick test, unplugging the Ethernet connection to my headless NUC that runs HS4 so it was completely disconnected from my LAN and WAN, and leaving it for several minutes (WIFI is disabled). Examining my log afterwards HS4 continued running throughout the network interruption.

The connection to my Z-Wave network was obviously lost immediately because my interface is a Raspberry PI on my LAN, similar to a Z-Net. Similarly notifications that triggered to advise me of the Z-Wave interruption failed to be sent because there was no network connection. As soon as the LAN was reconnected HS re-established the connection to the Z-Wave interface and everything continued normally.

Do you have HSSentry running or anything else that is somehow monitoring the network connection and forcing your HS4 shutdown? I don't, as I can't remember HS ever crashing, and I am a long term user.

There have certainly been others reporting random HS4 shutdowns so it would be good if you can isolate a cause. However, whilst it might be useful for the OP, it's not relevant to this plug-in so should perhaps be continued on one of the general HS threads where it might get wider exposure.

Steve

Comment

Hi Steve, so I have been working on setting up a z-net on my system. I have set it up as a separate network for my 2nd floor and have the z-wave stick as the original network for the basement and main floor. I have been moving all the z-wave devices on the 2nd floor off of the z-wave stick and over to the z-net. Everything seems to be working much better. However, I am noticing that in the SDJ Health Battery setup screen, it only shows a fraction of the devices that it should be showing for selection. But when I receive the reports it seems to have all of the devices that it should have. See Below. Does this have anything to do with having two z-wave networks?

Name:	screencapture-192-168-1-15-8000-SDJ-HealthBattery-Devices-2021-07-30-11_40_26.png
Views:	71
Size:	500.4 KB
ID:	1486791

Name:	screencapture-192-168-1-15-8000-SDJ-HealthBattery-Devices-2021-07-30-11_40_34.png
Views:	50
Size:	490.7 KB
ID:	1486792

Comment

Hi Steve, so I have been working on setting up a z-net on my system. I have set it up as a separate network for my 2nd floor and have the z-wave stick as the original network for the basement and main floor. I have been moving all the z-wave devices on the 2nd floor off of the z-wave stick and over to the z-net. Everything seems to be working much better. However, I am noticing that in the SDJ Health Battery setup screen, it only shows a fraction of the devices that it should be showing for selection. But when I receive the reports it seems to have all of the devices that it should have. See Below. Does this have anything to do with having two z-wave networks?

Name:	screencapture-192-168-1-15-8000-SDJ-HealthBattery-Devices-2021-07-30-11_40_26.png
Views:	71
Size:	500.4 KB
ID:	1486791

Name:	screencapture-192-168-1-15-8000-SDJ-HealthBattery-Devices-2021-07-30-11_40_34.png
Views:	50
Size:	490.7 KB
ID:	1486792
                        Hi

What devices do you think are missing?

Remember that the lists you are displaying are just for devices that are ‘listening’ and you might therefore want to monitor by Polling or Activity. The non-listening Z-Wave devices are picked up automatically the first time they wake-up and you shouldn’t then see them in those lists.

The PI works fine with multiple networks. However, if you have excluded a device and then included it again to move networks it will be new device as far as HS is concerned. The new device will be picked up again when it wakes up and a new monitoring child created. You would then have a redundant monitoring child for the removed device which you can delete. I can’t remember whether I log a warning when a monitored device is excluded but it would show up anyway as it would alert that it wasn’t updating.

Steve

Comment

Oh I see. This must be why I have a full list of devices in the report but some of them are always missing wakeup. You say I can delete them? When I added them onto the other network, I used the same device names. I am wondering if I delete them from SDJ Health, will it recreate them when it sees them?

Monitoring 17 devices
                          4 Missed: 2 Low: 11 OK
                          Last Alert: Wake-Up Missed
                          Basement Stairs Motion Sensor

Back Door Strip
                          Last Wake: 2021-07-30 2:33 AM
                          Last Sleep: 10 hours 41 mins
                          Battery Level: 50% (20)
                          Battery Rate: 0.1% per day
                          Battery Life: 458 days

Desk Motion Sensor Root
                          Last Wake: 2021-07-29 9:06 PM
                          Last Sleep: 12 hours 3 mins
                          Battery Level: 65% (20)
                          Battery Rate: 0.1% per day
                          Battery Life: 223 days

Livingroom Blind
                          Last Good Poll: 2021-07-30 10:32 AM
                          Battery Level: 93% (20)
                          Battery Rate: 0.5% per day
                          Battery Life: 17 days

Closet Motion Sensor Root
                          Last Wake: 2021-07-30 8:51 AM
                          Last Sleep: 11 hours 59 mins
                          Battery Level: 75% (20)
                          Battery Rate: 0.0% per day
                          Battery Life: 3 days

Kitchen Motion Sensor
                          Last Good Check: 2021-07-30 6:50 AM
                          Battery Level: 100% (20)
                          Battery Life: 18 days

Livingroom Blind Remote
                          Last Wake: 2021-07-29 3:13 PM
                          Last Sleep: 17 hours 35 mins
                          Battery Level: 80% (20)
                          Battery Life: 17 days

Hall Motion Sensor
                          Last Good Check: 2021-07-30 4:26 AM
                          Battery Level: 62% (20)
                          Battery Rate: 24.0% per day

Family Room Motion Sensor
                          Last Good Check: 2021-07-30 2:02 AM

Bedroom Blind Root
                          Last Good Check: 2021-07-29 11:38 PM
                          Battery Level: 91% (20)
                          Battery Life: 1 days

Basement Stairs Motion Sensor
                          Last Wake: 2021-07-30 6:02 AM
                          Last Sleep: 3 hours 60 mins
                          Battery Level: 99% (20)
                          Battery Rate: 0.2% per day
                          Battery Life: 505 days

Laurens Motion Sensor
                          Last Good Check: 2021-07-30 9:14 AM

Laundry Motion Sensor Root
                          Last Wake: 2021-07-29 8:45 PM
                          Last Sleep: 12 hours 4 mins
                          Battery Level: 90% (20)

Bedroom Blind Remote Control
                          Last Wake: 2021-07-29 7:21 PM
                          Last Sleep: 17 hours 41 mins
                          Battery Level: 60% (20)
                          Battery Life: 1 days

TV Room Motion Sensor Root
                          Last Wake: 2021-07-30 6:35 AM
                          Last Sleep: 12 hours 7 mins
                          Battery Level: 90% (20)
                          Battery Rate: 0.2% per day
                          Battery Life: 207 days

Ryans Motion Sensor Root
                          Last Wake: 2021-07-30 3:30 AM
                          Last Sleep: 23 hours 23 mins

Master Bedroom Motion Sensor
                          Last Wake: 2021-07-29 10:42 PM
                          Last Sleep: 15 hours 50 mins
                          Battery Level: 0% (<=20)
                          Battery Rate: 42.9% per day

L.R. motion Sensor Root
                          Last Wake: 2021-07-30 6:08 AM
                          Last Sleep: 11 hours 22 mins
                          Battery Level: 20% (<=20)
                          Battery Life: 156 days

Comment

Oh I see. This must be why I have a full list of devices in the report but some of them are always missing wakeup. You say I can delete them? When I added them onto the other network, I used the same device names. I am wondering if I delete them from SDJ Health, will it recreate them when it sees them?
                            Yes, the identity is based on their unique HS device reference numbers so the names are just information. The devices will have new reference numbers when you include them on your new interface. You can delete the redundant monitoring children or ,if you are unsure, you could just disable them for now using the ‘Disable’ button. When the new reincluded device wakes up then a new monitoring child will be created, that is presuming they are non-listening devices. If they are listening devices, e.g. locks, then you would select the new device from the Polling list so that the pi will create a new child and start monitoring.

Make sure you check the ‘Log poll and wake-up’ messages for the new network you have created.

Let me know how you get on.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                            X