Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wake up Missed and Health Devices List in HS4 ver 4.2.0.0

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Wake up Missed and Health Devices List in HS4 ver 4.2.0.0

    Hi Steve,
    I have a couple of devices, one in particular that seems to keep triggering the Battery Monitor event when there is a Wake up Missed. The device is showing that it wakes up every day but it looks like it is not always 12 hours after the last wake up. Off maybe by a half hour or so. What would you suggest I try, manually waking up the device to reset the wake up time, delete and recreate the SDJ-Health device? If I delete a Health device, does it automatically re-create the Health device at the next wake up?

    Also, I have Location 1 setup as Room and Location 2 as my Floor. When I setup SDJ-Health, I changed the value of what is in Location 1 to be the room that each battery device is located in and I left Location 2 equal to what the plugin sets the value to "SDJ-Health" so that if I ever wanted to look at all SDJ-Health Root/Devices at the same time, I could just set the filter of Location 2 to SDJ-Health and see everything at once. However, I'm noticing in HS4 ver 4.2.0.0 that when I select one of my rooms in Location 1 (ex. Master Bedroom) it will still pull in the Root device that has both locations set to SDJ-Health (Location 1 "SDJ-Health" and Location 2 "SDJ-Health"). If I use the HS3 Legacy page, it pulls only the Master Bedroom Health devices and not the root device. Is this a bug in HS4 or something in the plugin that could be changed?
    Thank you sir!
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

    #2
    Originally posted by The Profit View Post
    I have a couple of devices, one in particular that seems to keep triggering the Battery Monitor event when there is a Wake up Missed. The device is showing that it wakes up every day but it looks like it is not always 12 hours after the last wake up. Off maybe by a half hour or so. What would you suggest I try, manually waking up the device to reset the wake up time, delete and recreate the SDJ-Health device? If I delete a Health device, does it automatically re-create the Health device at the next wake up?
    The pi adjusts to the wake-up interval of each device and also has an adjustable 'OverRun' setting to allow for devices that aren't very accurate in their wake-up times.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Overrun.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	1498135

    The default setting for this is 60 minutes, which should avoid alerts for devices whose wake-up time wavers by up to +/-30 minutes. This is a global setting but can be overridden for individual devices, if required, from the SDJ-Health tab of a monitoring child. Most of my devices are pretty accurate but I have some Fibaro door/window sensors which can be up to 15 minutes early or late on their wake-ups. For me an OverRun setting of 30 minutes means I never get false alerts with these. What is your OverRun setting?

    You can also set a MissedWakeUpFactor of 1 but that is a much courser filter.

    Originally posted by The Profit View Post
    Also, I have Location 1 setup as Room and Location 2 as my Floor. When I setup SDJ-Health, I changed the value of what is in Location 1 to be the room that each battery device is located in and I left Location 2 equal to what the plugin sets the value to "SDJ-Health" so that if I ever wanted to look at all SDJ-Health Root/Devices at the same time, I could just set the filter of Location 2 to SDJ-Health and see everything at once. However, I'm noticing in HS4 ver 4.2.0.0 that when I select one of my rooms in Location 1 (ex. Master Bedroom) it will still pull in the Root device that has both locations set to SDJ-Health (Location 1 "SDJ-Health" and Location 2 "SDJ-Health"). If I use the HS3 Legacy page, it pulls only the Master Bedroom Health devices and not the root device. Is this a bug in HS4 or something in the plugin that could be changed?
    Thank you sir!
    I've noticed the same thing with the latest versions of HS4, i.e. the Root device is showing if the Filter matches the Locations of one of the Child/Features even though it doesn't match the Locations of the Root. I think HomeSeer are playing around at the moment with filtering and displaying, particularly related to Root devices, so it will probably (hopefully) change.

    Steve

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post

      The pi adjusts to the wake-up interval of each device and also has an adjustable 'OverRun' setting to allow for devices that aren't very accurate in their wake-up times.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	Overrun.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	1498135

      The default setting for this is 60 minutes, which should avoid alerts for devices whose wake-up time wavers by up to +/-30 minutes. This is a global setting but can be overridden for individual devices, if required, from the SDJ-Health tab of a monitoring child. Most of my devices are pretty accurate but I have some Fibaro door/window sensors which can be up to 15 minutes early or late on their wake-ups. For me an OverRun setting of 30 minutes means I never get false alerts with these. What is your OverRun setting?

      You can also set a MissedWakeUpFactor of 1 but that is a much courser filter.



      I've noticed the same thing with the latest versions of HS4, i.e. the Root device is showing if the Filter matches the Locations of one of the Child/Features even though it doesn't match the Locations of the Root. I think HomeSeer are playing around at the moment with filtering and displaying, particularly related to Root devices, so it will probably (hopefully) change.

      Steve
      Thank you Steve! I think I found the issue, I didn't realize that when I setup this plugin that I must have set that individual device to 30 minutes when I was testing out some of the features. I've changed it back to 60 minutes to see if that resolves the issue.

      It's been a while since I've needed to revisit the config page for this plugin...it really is amazing the number of features you've put into it. I can only imagine how much time it must have taken you to build. Incredible job!

      Thank you again for all of your help!
      HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
      Plugin's:
      BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
      EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
      weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

      Comment


        #4
        SteveMSJ By the way, I've been looking around for your Donation link and can't find it, would you mind posting it or let me know where to find it?

        Edit: Never mind, I found it on the first plugin config page.
        HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
        Plugin's:
        BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
        EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
        weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by The Profit View Post
          It's been a while since I've needed to revisit the config page for this plugin...it really is amazing the number of features you've put into it. I can only imagine how much time it must have taken you to build. Incredible job!
          Thanks. It has been a labour of love spread over a number of years but a lot of fun along the way😊

          Steve

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post

            Thanks. It has been a labour of love spread over a number of years but a lot of fun along the way😊

            Steve
            Steve, just sent the donation, let me know if you don’t receive. I don’t use PayPal much.


            Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
            Plugin's:
            BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
            EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
            weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by The Profit View Post
              Steve, just sent the donation, let me know if you don’t receive. I don’t use PayPal much.
              I have received. Thanks for your generous donation.
              Steve

              Comment


                #8
                SteveMSJ Hey Steve, sorry to bother you about this same issue again. For some reason this same device is still triggering the Health report because it's showing that there was a missed wake-up. I've included screen shots of the individual devices Health settings and a copy of the missed message. It looks like it is within the 60 time frame, so shouldn't that prevent it from showing a missed wake up? I must have a setting incorrect.

                Click image for larger version

Name:	Health settings for device.png
Views:	115
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	1499033
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Missed message.png
Views:	116
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	1499034
                HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                Plugin's:
                BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by The Profit View Post
                  SteveMSJ Hey Steve, sorry to bother you about this same issue again. For some reason this same device is still triggering the Health report because it's showing that there was a missed wake-up. I've included screen shots of the individual devices Health settings and a copy of the missed message. It looks like it is within the 60 time frame, so shouldn't that prevent it from showing a missed wake up? I must have a setting incorrect.

                  Click image for larger version  Name:	Health settings for device.png Views:	0 Size:	21.4 KB ID:	1499033
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	Missed message.png Views:	0 Size:	14.6 KB ID:	1499034
                  No problem.
                  I'm not sure what I am looking at in the second screenshot. Are all the details showing for the same device at the same instant in time or are the full details with Healthy against them for a different device, or the same device at a different time?

                  That aside the best way to trouble shoot is to look back at when this device has been waking up to get a pattern. Filter your log for the following messages:

                  Wake-Up Notification Received for Node 38

                  Change the node number (38) to whatever the z-wave node number is of this device. You may need to go 'Plug-ins>Z-Wave>Node Information' to find the node number.

                  Post the extract of the filtered log which will now only be showing one message for each time the device notifies the z-wave pi that it has woken up.

                  Steve

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post

                    No problem.
                    I'm not sure what I am looking at in the second screenshot. Are all the details showing for the same device at the same instant in time or are the full details with Healthy against them for a different device, or the same device at a different time?

                    That aside the best way to trouble shoot is to look back at when this device has been waking up to get a pattern. Filter your log for the following messages:

                    Wake-Up Notification Received for Node 38

                    Change the node number (38) to whatever the z-wave node number is of this device. You may need to go 'Plug-ins>Z-Wave>Node Information' to find the node number.

                    Post the extract of the filtered log which will now only be showing one message for each time the device notifies the z-wave pi that it has woken up.

                    Steve
                    The second screenshot is what shows in the Health Root device for the specific node that seems to be having the issue. For some reason the formatting of the Health Root information is not as easy to read as it was in HS3. Here is a screenshot of what it looks like in HS3:

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	HS3 garage device.png
Views:	116
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	1499255

                    Here is a screenshot of the HS Log with the wake up times of this specific device:

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	wakeup times.png
Views:	109
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	1499256

                    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                    Plugin's:
                    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by The Profit View Post

                      The second screenshot is what shows in the Health Root device for the specific node that seems to be having the issue. For some reason the formatting of the Health Root information is not as easy to read as it was in HS3. Here is a screenshot of what it looks like in HS3:

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	HS3 garage device.png
Views:	116
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	1499255
                      The formatting depends on screen size etc. I find it works well in HS4 on my laptop or on my 10" Fire tablet in landscape. However, generally I only really look at it in emails or Pushover messages and they format perfectly.

                      In HS4 Web interface if you use the Grid view, so you only have the one tile showing the root, you get a row of icons along the top of the tile showing the status of all the features. If you click on the row you then get a good scrolling display of the details of all the features which, on my screens, formats rather nicely. I actually prefer that to the HS3 view.
                      ​​
                      Originally posted by The Profit View Post
                      Here is a screenshot of the HS Log with the wake up times of this specific device:

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	wakeup times.png
Views:	109
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	1499256
                      You can see from the log that this device has been somewhat irregular, hence the alerts. There appears to be a problem with the device or its communications with you interface.

                      Working up the log the intervals are approximately:
                      11 hours 7 minutes
                      21 hours 30 minutes
                      3 seconds
                      11 hours 7 minutes
                      11 hours 7 minutes
                      4 seconds
                      11 hours 8 minutes
                      11 hours 8 minutes
                      26 hours 18 minutes

                      The plug-in has a MinWake period which, if you haven't changed the default, is 10 seconds. It will have therefore have not been bothered by the two very short 3-4 second wake-ups. They do happen occasionally although are a sign of, possible, communication issues where the device thinks the controller hasn't received the wake-up notification so sends it again. If you get lots of these its worth having a look at your network.

                      The plug-in will have raised 'Missed Wake-up' alerts in the large +20 hour intervals. Either the device is flaky and failed to wake-up or there are communication issues on your network that are causing intermittent lost messages between the device and the controller. The fact that the large gaps are not twice the normal 11:07 suggest a flaky device rather than missed messages. You could set the plug-in to ignore 1 missed wake-up for this device if you wanted to reduce the alerts although you would still get an alert for intervals greater than 22 hours 16 minutes plus your 60 minute overrun time. However, I would suggest investigating the device and the network.

                      I hope this helps.

                      Steve

                      Comment


                        #12
                        SteveMSJ Ok, this is a Homeseer motion sensor, I think the first generation and I've had all kinds of issues with them. This was one of the few that seemed to work ok. It is in my 3rd Garage and even though it is a battery device, I have several other powered z-wave devices in that garage that I've never had issue with. I might try optimizing the device again, it could be when I first added it that there weren't as many powered z-wave devices in there. I think when z-wave battery devices are added, even if other powered devices are added later the battery device doesn't update it's neighbors, do you happen to know if that's true?

                        I've updated the ignore missed wakeup for that device for the short term. The fact that this plugin already has that feature is amazing...so much thought put into this plugin! Much respect for your skills!
                        HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                        Plugin's:
                        BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                        EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                        weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by The Profit View Post
                          SteveMSJ Ok, this is a Homeseer motion sensor, I think the first generation and I've had all kinds of issues with them. This was one of the few that seemed to work ok. It is in my 3rd Garage and even though it is a battery device, I have several other powered z-wave devices in that garage that I've never had issue with. I might try optimizing the device again, it could be when I first added it that there weren't as many powered z-wave devices in there. I think when z-wave battery devices are added, even if other powered devices are added later the battery device doesn't update it's neighbors, do you happen to know if that's true?

                          I've updated the ignore missed wakeup for that device for the short term. The fact that this plugin already has that feature is amazing...so much thought put into this plugin! Much respect for your skills!
                          I don’t know for sure whether or not battery devices update their neighbour information but I suspect not, or at least not unless they can’t find a route through the devices they know about. Z-Wave plus devices are supposed to intelligently update routes but in my experience they can wind up with some bizarre hops back and forth around the network. Things work best if the majority of devices have direct communication with a controller.

                          I used to live in a big old house with extremely thick walls and a lot of devices would develop some strange routes. I used to manually rationalise them occasionally with ZSeer but a few months later they would be back to a mess. Despite this I didn’t really have any real problems. I now live in a smaller house with stud walls and nearly all my devices have direct connection to the centralised controller. Z-Wave performance is very snappy.

                          Steve

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X