Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plugin to monitor Z-Wave battery device Health - CLOSED

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by TechFan View Post
    Here are some related entries. I didn't find any SDJ-Health entries in the log during the night when it failed to find the battery device (batteries removed). It didn't show the device getting queued during the night when the batteries were out? I did see the Z-Wave Warning messages like the ones below at different intervals during the night.

    Code:
    Jan-29 9:48:17 AM	 	SDJ-Health	Device 016A24FE-017 recovered from missed wakeup state.
    Jan-29 9:43:27 AM	 	SDJ-Health	016A24FE-017 added to message queue for processing.
    Jan-29 8:43:34 AM	 	Z-Wave Warning	No response from device when getting level: Entry Floor Entry Area Front Door - Node 17 Battery, Node: 17
    Jan-29 8:43:34 AM	 	Z-Wave Warning	No response before timeout to Get Battery Level for Entry Floor Entry Area Front Door - Node 17 Battery (17)
    Jan-29 2:43:34 AM	 	Z-Wave Warning	No response from device when getting level: Entry Floor Entry Area Front Door - Node 17 Battery, Node: 17
    Jan-29 2:43:34 AM	 	Z-Wave Warning	No response before timeout to Get Battery Level for Entry Floor Entry Area Front Door - Node 17 Battery (17)
    The device I tested by removing from the polling list last night. . .went into alert status (as I would expect). The rest of the doors have a good status.

    One of my ZSmokes has a good status and the other one is in alert status. I am sure the Heartbeat has been sent, otherwise I would be getting emails about the smoke alarm not checking in. But, it hasn't been seen by the Health plugin. The one that is reporting in had an alarm this morning (just the malfunction alarm that gets sent after someone takes a shower and then opens the door and lets the steam out), so maybe that was enough to get it found.
    You need loglevel set to 2 (debug) to get any SDJ-Health messages about polling. However, I suspect it isn't working for your locks. Let's put that aside for now and come back to it when I have some time to investigate the way the locks operate. Can you give the make and model of the locks so I can see what technical details I can find online.

    For the two ZSmokes are you saying that the plug-in has picked them both up and created monitoring devices?

    What do the monitoring devices show in terms of Last Wake Time, Sleep Period, etc? A screen shot of the two monitoring devices would be useful.

    Thanks,
    Steve

    Comment


    • Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
      You need loglevel set to 2 (debug) to get any SDJ-Health messages about polling. However, I suspect it isn't working for your locks. Let's put that aside for now and come back to it when I have some time to investigate the way the locks operate. Can you give the make and model of the locks so I can see what technical details I can find online.

      For the two ZSmokes are you saying that the plug-in has picked them both up and created monitoring devices?

      What do the monitoring devices show in terms of Last Wake Time, Sleep Period, etc? A screen shot of the two monitoring devices would be useful.

      Thanks,
      Steve
      Locks. All Kwikset SmartCode 910 locks. Bought them since they could all share a key, but ones the PIN caught on with my wife, I don't think she has used her key in years.

      On the ZSmokes, I didn't actually delete them, so I can't be sure they got redetected. You want me to delete them and let them get recreated?

      Screenshot attached.
      Attached Files

      Comment


      • Originally posted by TechFan View Post
        Locks. All Kwikset SmartCode 910 locks. Bought them since they could all share a key, but ones the PIN caught on with my wife, I don't think she has used her key in years.

        On the ZSmokes, I didn't actually delete them, so I can't be sure they got redetected. You want me to delete them and let them get recreated?

        Screenshot attached.
        Btw, I think the update time on the one that is good is in line with the shower triggered malfunction alarm.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by TechFan View Post
          On the ZSmokes, I didn't actually delete them, so I can't be sure they got redetected. You want me to delete them and let them get recreated?
          I've lost track a bit. Things might have got a little confused as the plug-in has been updated. Best thing to do is to delete the monitoring devices for the ZSmokes and also make sure they aren't in the list of devices to be polled. Then check that MonitorHeartbeats is checked. If the Heartbeats are detected then it will create new monitoring devices. If it doesn't we need to delve a bit deeper. I'll send you an PM and we can report back here when we have it resolved.

          Steve

          Comment


          • Originally posted by TechFan View Post
            Decided to try removing one of my doors from the selected Polling devices, as a test. . .and now I can't add it back. . .it doesn't show up on the left side. . .so it appears that the filtering isn't working as expected?
            Actually, it won't reappear in the list unless you delete the monitoring device that was previously created. Sort of a bug although there are reasons why it is that way at the moment.

            Comment


            • Version 3.0.2.2 installed.

              The plug-in is not creating any parent device (and no child devices).

              Here is the log:

              Click image for larger version

Name:	Skjermbilde1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	1188748

              Here is the config setup - always telling that the "The Plug-in has not completed initializing":

              Click image for larger version

Name:	Skjermbilde2.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	1188749

              Network Options:

              Click image for larger version

Name:	Skjermbilde3.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	1188750

              Please advise.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
                Version 3.0.2.2 onward ignore wakeup messages if the device does not have a battery child. I haven't updated the main message yet as I'm waiting for some feedback on testing other aspects of the update, but you can find it in the thread if you want to test.

                I hadn't expected this to be an issue but the other day I got a random wakeup message from a fibaro switch! Z-Wave has many peculiarities.

                You can delete the monitoring child for your HeatIt and it shouldn't appear again.

                Steve
                Installed the new version and until now everything works as per expectation.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Go4IT View Post
                  Version 3.0.2.2 installed.

                  The plug-in is not creating any parent device (and no child devices).

                  Here is the log:

                  [ATTACH]59185[/ATTACH]

                  Here is the config setup - always telling that the "The Plug-in has not completed initializing":

                  [ATTACH]59186[/ATTACH]

                  Network Options:

                  [ATTACH]59187[/ATTACH]

                  Please advise.
                  Ok, it'll will because of the multiple controllers on one network. Presumably one is primary and one is secondary. I will need to update the pi to work with this type of setup. I can't troubleshoot it myself because I don't have that setup.

                  What I'll need is the [Interfaces] section of your Z-Wave.ini file so I can see how this is configured. Also some example wake-up notification messages from your log so I can see if these are formatted any differently. They look like this:

                  Z-Wave UZB1: Z-Wave Wake-Up Notification Received for Node 69

                  Preferably one that contains Z-NET-0: and one that contains Z-NET-1:.

                  Hopefully I can then update the pi so it understands this type of setup.

                  Thanks,
                  Steve

                  Comment


                  • Steve,
                    I am having a situation arise where the plugin root device indicates 'Waiting' and when I check what it's waiting for it appears that a new child has been added. The problem is it isn't a battery device. The first time it happened I decided to delete the child and everything worked fine again but after some days another non wakeup device gets added again. It appears to be limited to one or more of my old plug-in nodes (AN157) which do not report immediate status so I have to poll (every 2 min).

                    Any ideas why and what could be done about it ? If you need more info just say.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by naellis View Post
                      Steve,
                      I am having a situation arise where the plugin root device indicates 'Waiting' and when I check what it's waiting for it appears that a new child has been added. The problem is it isn't a battery device. The first time it happened I decided to delete the child and everything worked fine again but after some days another non wakeup device gets added again. It appears to be limited to one or more of my old plug-in nodes (AN157) which do not report immediate status so I have to poll (every 2 min).

                      Any ideas why and what could be done about it ? If you need more info just say.
                      It will mean that for some reason (bug in ZWave pi or bug in device software) there has been a wakeup processing call logged for the device. I have had it happen with a Fibaro switch which suddenly issued a one off wakeup call. The latest version of the plug-in ignores wakeup calls if the device doesn't have a battery child so cures this issue. It is still in testing but you can find 3.0.2.2 attached to post #144 if you want to try it.

                      I'll be releasing a newer version in the near future but I'm working through some problems with Heartbeat devices at the moment.
                      Steve

                      Comment


                      • Ok hadn't spotted that post - I've just loaded it and will see what happens. Thanks.

                        Comment


                        • Okay I just installed this great plugin in my Zee S2, and a few questions:

                          There is one Icon that does not work:
                          404 Bad Request: /images/HomeSeer/status/clockwise-start.png

                          Comment


                          • I googled a bit and found the earlier post of this icon problem above, and the error is, of course, that icon is missing in the directory it is supposed to be in.

                            To solve this, the easy way, is to log into HomeSeer Zee S2 with for example putty, and then:

                            Code:
                            cd /home/homeseer/HomeSeer/html/images/HomeSeer/status
                            wget "https://board.homeseer.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=58700&stc=1&d=1483797450" -O clockwise-start.png
                            This will put the correct icon in place. Funny way to solve it though - it is like HomeSeer missed something somewhere...

                            Comment


                            • The plug-in is a beta to play with at the moment and I am working on various enhancements when I have time. I stuck to Homeseer's built in icons at this stage to keep installation simple, although as you have found it looks like HS missed out some of their standard icons in the Zee build.

                              You might want to try the version attached to message #144 which has some more control over how the monitored devices are named and whether location and/or location2 are included in the name when reporting. You can also set the location/location2 blank so that the monitor devices pick up one or both of those locations from the device they are monitoring. There are buttons to rebuild devices that have already been created. What suits you will depend on the naming conventions you use.

                              Another feature is that you can swap between summary, short and full reports in the root device. I use this to display different levels of reports in an HSTouch text box for instance. It also works for including in email or pushover notification messages.

                              As I develop the plug-in it will become more customise-able.

                              I'm away on holiday at the moment so there may not be much progress for a little while.

                              Steve

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Go4IT View Post
                                Version 3.0.2.2 installed.

                                The plug-in is not creating any parent device (and no child devices).

                                Here is the log:

                                [ATTACH]59185[/ATTACH]

                                Here is the config setup - always telling that the "The Plug-in has not completed initializing":

                                [ATTACH]59186[/ATTACH]

                                Network Options:

                                [ATTACH]59187[/ATTACH]

                                Please advise.
                                Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
                                Ok, it'll will because of the multiple controllers on one network. Presumably one is primary and one is secondary. I will need to update the pi to work with this type of setup. I can't troubleshoot it myself because I don't have that setup.

                                What I'll need is the [Interfaces] section of your Z-Wave.ini file so I can see how this is configured. Also some example wake-up notification messages from your log so I can see if these are formatted any differently. They look like this:

                                Z-Wave UZB1: Z-Wave Wake-Up Notification Received for Node 69

                                Preferably one that contains Z-NET-0: and one that contains Z-NET-1:.

                                Hopefully I can then update the pi so it understands this type of setup.

                                Thanks,
                                Steve
                                I didn't hear anymore from Go4IT but the latest version attached to message #7 will hopefully cure this particular issue. However, I'm shooting blind unless someone with a single network, multiple controller setup can test it.

                                Steve

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X