Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plugin to monitor Z-Wave battery device Health - CLOSED

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
    I have 2 monoprice motion sensors that aren't being picked up. To be fair, the battery %s haven't changed since I included them. I don't see any wakeup notifications in the logs, which explains why the plugin isn't picking them up. They do send motion and temp without an issue.

    More of a general question: Does anyone else have these motion sensors working with this plugin?

    p.s. I did check the wakeup on 1 and it was set to 1 hour, and that is when I get the temp updates.
    This may be a non-issue. After waking it up to check the wake up time, that one is now working. Battery reports at 100% (Which is highly unlikely), but it is reporting and now I can at least monitor it via this plugin
    MeiAutomtion Home

    Comment


    • Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
      It would be great if an event action would allow setting a battery threshold to trigger on for all monitored devices. I currently run an event every day that iterates through all battery Z-wave devices and emails me the device name if any are below 20%, but it takes a bit of effort in an event to do this.
      Check out this thread. I only have one event that monitors all my battery devices and send out reports/emails based upon the value of the device with the lowest battery.

      https://board.homeseer.com/showthrea...=167862&page=3

      Comment


      • Comment


        • Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
          I didn't hear anymore from Go4IT but the latest version attached to message #7 will hopefully cure this particular issue. However, I'm shooting blind unless someone with a single network, multiple controller setup can test it.

          Steve
          Sorry for not responding earlier. I've downloaded v3.0.2.8 and the issue is solved

          Thanks!

          Comment


          • Yes and no. The current version is purely dead or alive. The next version, which I have been working on for the last month and I should be posting this weekend, can alert on battery levels, discharge rate and life since last battery change.

            The original purpose of the plug-in was to let me know when my devices die, and arose out of the fact that battery reporting, at least with Z-Wave devices, is so inaccurate. I have devices that operate fine for weeks whilst reporting 0% and others that die when still reporting more than 50%, so battery level as a global setting is not much use. This will remain the primary purpose of the plug-in together with reporting all alerts from one root device.

            Having said that, I have extended the plug-in to be able to alert on level, rate and life but not before building in the ability to override global trigger levels on a device by device basis. I have also built in more ways of monitoring devices which extends the plug-in beyond Z-Wave only. I am putting the final touches to it and should post for testing soon.

            Steve
            Attached Files

            Comment


            • Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
              Yes and no. The current version is purely dead or alive. The next version, which I have been working on for the last month and I should be posting this weekend, can alert on battery levels, discharge rate and life since last battery change.

              The original purpose of the plug-in was to let me know when my devices die, and arose out of the fact that battery reporting, at least with Z-Wave devices, is so inaccurate. I have devices that operate fine for weeks whilst reporting 0% and others that die when still reporting more than 50%, so battery level as a global setting is not much use. This will remain the primary purpose of the plug-in together with reporting all alerts from one root device.

              Having said that, I have extended the plug-in to be able to alert on level, rate and life but not before building in the ability to override global trigger levels on a device by device basis. I have also built in more ways of monitoring devices which extends the plug-in beyond Z-Wave only. I am putting the final touches to it and should post for testing soon.

              Steve
              Sounds awesome!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Go4IT View Post
                Sorry for not responding earlier. I've downloaded v3.0.2.8 and the issue is solved
                Glad it's sorted.
                Steve

                Comment


                • Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                  This may be a non-issue. After waking it up to check the wake up time, that one is now working. Battery reports at 100% (Which is highly unlikely), but it is reporting and now I can at least monitor it via this plugin
                  I also have 3 Monoprice motion sensors, but only using one at the moment. Initially it showed battery at 0% for a long time. I was able to get it to "update" by waking it up. It then showed its battery status at 90%. But that was on 2/02 (a month ago). It has not updated its status since that time. Not really sure why. Z-Wave parameter says it should update battery status every 12 hours (polling interval). But nothing for the last month.

                  Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                  • Installed plug-in .28

                    Found Everspring humidity sensor and First Alert CO/Fire.

                    Not sure why my Kwikset locks (910) have not shown up as I set them up on the config page.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ralnet View Post
                      Found Everspring humidity sensor and First Alert CO/Fire.

                      Not sure why my Kwikset locks (910) have not shown up as I set them up on the config page.
                      If you mean that you selected them to be polled, then what you need to do is:
                      -set LogLevel to 2
                      -wait for the length of time that the poll interval is set to
                      -filter the log to only show SDJ-Health messages
                      -look for messages about polling
                      -post an extract from the log around a polling time

                      If the locks are appearing in the list of devices available for polling then that means they are Z-Wave, have a battery child and have reported to HS3 that the battery can be polled. However, they may not be responding properly to the actual poll. The log results should indicate what is happening.

                      Steve

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by NetworkGuy View Post
                        I also have 3 Monoprice motion sensors, but only using one at the moment. Initially it showed battery at 0% for a long time. I was able to get it to "update" by waking it up. It then showed its battery status at 90%. But that was on 2/02 (a month ago). It has not updated its status since that time. Not really sure why. Z-Wave parameter says it should update battery status every 12 hours (polling interval). But nothing for the last month.

                        Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
                        I had to wake mine up, go to the z-wave settings for the root device, then click "settings" -> "Ready" (once you have it awake) -> Then click "Set" for the wake-up. it was already set to 1 hour, but I don't think the actual device had it set for some reason. Either way, that seemed to do it for me. I've only done 1 of my 2 devices though.

                        Edit: and you don't need to set a polling value for battery devices. As far as I know it won't actually do anything. Battery devices can't be "polled", they have to wake up and report their values. Locks are the exception to this rule.
                        MeiAutomtion Home

                        Comment


                        • Monitoring Log for WakeUpsMonitor HeartbeatsPolling the battery child is the third best method and generally works with Z-Wave always on devices with pollable battery childs. The devices to be polled have to be selected from a list of available devices.

                          Activity monitoring
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by SteveMSJ; April 14th, 2017, 11:38 AM.

                          Comment


                          • Thanks Steve, I have the new version installed and so far all is working great.

                            Cheers
                            Al
                            HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
                            Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

                            Comment


                            • Sparkman

                              I just installed the new plug-in but it does not show up in my manage plug-in files. Just prior to this I did an HS3 upgrade (HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.312 (Windows). Any thoughts?
                              Bob

                              Comment


                              • Sparkman I spoke too soon. I added the html file into the image file not thinking it should be the SJ Health file. Runing just fine now.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X