• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bebaldin
    replied
    Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
    OK. Firstly make sure that wake-up calls are being logged:

Next go to your log and search for wakeup notifications. Put "Wake-Up Notification Received" without the quotation marks in the filter.

If there are wakeup notifications then set the LogLevel to 2 on the plugin configuration page and see what SDJ-health entries you get in the log after the next wakeup.

Steve
    The logs are full of wake-up notifications all day today (and before as well) including one just 3 minutes ago. I had LogLevel set to 2 already. This is all I get:

Dec-28 14:56:37 SDJ-Health Checking status.
    Dec-28 14:51:37 SDJ-Health Checking status.
    Dec-28 14:46:37 SDJ-Health Checking status.
    Dec-28 14:41:37 SDJ-Health Checking status.
    Dec-28 14:36:37 SDJ-Health Checking status.
    Dec-28 14:31:37 SDJ-Health Checking status.
    Dec-28 14:26:37 SDJ-Health Checking status.
    Dec-28 14:21:37 SDJ-Health Checking status.
    Dec-28 14:16:37 SDJ-Health Checking status.
    Dec-28 14:11:37 SDJ-Health Checking status.
    Dec-28 14:06:37 SDJ-Health Checking status.
    Dec-28 14:01:37 SDJ-Health Checking status.
    Dec-28 13:56:37 SDJ-Health Checking status.
    Dec-28 13:51:37 SDJ-Health Checking status.
    Dec-28 13:46:37 SDJ-Health Checking status.
    Dec-28 13:41:37 SDJ-Health Checking status.
    Dec-28 13:36:37 SDJ-Health Checking status.
    Dec-28 13:31:37 SDJ-Health Checking status.
    Dec-28 13:26:37 SDJ-Health Checking status.
    Dec-28 13:21:37 SDJ-Health Checking status.
    Dec-28 13:17:23 SDJ-Health Saved report to /usr/local/HomeSeer/Temp/SDJ-Health Report.txt
    Dec-28 13:16:37 SDJ-Health Checking status.
    Dec-28 13:16:23 SDJ-Health LogLevel changed to 2

Leave a comment:

• SteveMSJ
    replied
    Originally posted by bebaldin View Post
    There is only one line - for the root device - that shows Waiting. No child devices representing battery devices have been created, and many of the battery sensors have woken up and updated in the last 8 hours.
    OK. Firstly make sure that wake-up calls are being logged:

Next go to your log and search for wakeup notifications. Put "Wake-Up Notification Received" without the quotation marks in the filter.

If there are wakeup notifications then set the LogLevel to 2 on the plugin configuration page and see what SDJ-health entries you get in the log after the next wakeup.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• sparkman
    replied
    It will adapt to the change. If you have increased it by more than the overrun interval then you will get a missed wake up reported but once the next wake up occurs the status will change to ok.
    Steve
    Great, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• bebaldin
    replied
    Sorry, I thought you said it hadn't created any devices.

The 1st time a device wakes the plugin creates a child device and the status will show as 'Waiting' because it doesn't know how long the sleep period is. The second time it wakes the sleep period will show and the child status will change to 'OK'.

Steve
    There is only one line - for the root device - that shows Waiting. No child devices representing battery devices have been created, and many of the battery sensors have woken up and updated in the last 8 hours.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• SteveMSJ
    replied
    Yes. That is checked. I see the Waiting line in the devices, but nothing else.
    Sorry, I thought you said it hadn't created any devices.

The 1st time a device wakes the plugin creates a child device and the status will show as 'Waiting' because it doesn't know how long the sleep period is. The second time it wakes the sleep period will show and the child status will change to 'OK'.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• bebaldin
    replied
    Is there an entry for 'SDJ-Health Root' in the 'Device Type' dropdown?
    Yes. That is checked. I see the Waiting line in the devices, but nothing else.

Leave a comment:

• SteveMSJ
    replied
    If Check All is what you are referring to, that is already checked.
    Is there an entry for 'SDJ-Health Root' in the 'Device Type' dropdown?

Leave a comment:

• bebaldin
    replied
    Originally posted by sparkman View Post
    In the Device Management page, select the Device Type dropdown and click on "Check".
    If Check All is what you are referring to, that is already checked.

Leave a comment:

• SteveMSJ
    replied
    Installed on my SEL about 7 hours ago but so far nothing is showing on it at all. Several of the battery devices have updated since the install. Not sure why it isn't creating any devices.
    On the 'Device Management' page look in the 'Device Type' dropdown. If any devices have been created then there should be 'SDJ-Health Child' and 'SDJ-Health Root' in the list. Make sure these are checked or, as Al says, click on the 'Check' at the top to select everything.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• SteveMSJ
    replied
    Originally posted by sparkman View Post
    Hi Steve, I changed the wakeup interval of a device. Will the plugin automatically adapt to that, or do I need to delete the child device for it to reset?

Thanks

Al

It will adapt to the change. If you have increased it by more than the overrun interval then you will get a missed wake up reported but once the next wake up occurs the status will change to ok.
    Steve

Leave a comment:

• sparkman
    replied
    Hi Steve, I changed the wakeup interval of a device. Will the plugin automatically adapt to that, or do I need to delete the child device for it to reset?

Thanks
    Al

Leave a comment:

• sparkman
    replied
    Not sure what you mean by this. What am I looking for?
    In the Device Management page, select the Device Type dropdown and click on "Check".

Leave a comment:

• bebaldin
    replied
    Originally posted by DSteiNeuro View Post
    Make sure that the correct device type is selected in the device view window. I missed that at first.
    Not sure what you mean by this. What am I looking for?

Leave a comment:

• DSteiNeuro
    replied
    Installed on my SEL about 7 hours ago but so far nothing is showing on it at all. Several of the battery devices have updated since the install. Not sure why it isn't creating any devices.
    Make sure that the correct device type is selected in the device view window. I missed that at first.

Leave a comment:

• bebaldin
    replied
    Originally posted by denisl View Post
    Just installed on Linux. Waiting for devices to report in but installation was simple. Thanks for sharing this. Very helpful.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X