Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Controlling device

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Controlling device

    I am trying to control an android device (my cell phone) and when I am on my local network I am able to vibrate the phone for example. However when I am on cell coverage and try to vibrate my phone through Tasker/HS it won't go through and I get this in the log:

    Jan-04 11:19:17 AM Tasker Plugin Error ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jan-04 11:19:17 AM Tasker Plugin Error Connection Error
    Jan-04 11:19:17 AM Tasker Plugin Error ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jan-04 11:19:17 AM Tasker Plugin Error Sending local command failed: (192.168.1.XXX)
    I figured the plugin tries to make the connection locally first, if it fails then it goes through the firewall? I am able to control events through Tasker on cell coverage, so it seems the communication is only one way. Any idea?

    PS this plugin is awesome.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Conrad_Turbo View Post
    I am trying to control an android device (my cell phone) and when I am on my local network I am able to vibrate the phone for example. However when I am on cell coverage and try to vibrate my phone through Tasker/HS it won't go through and I get this in the log:



    I figured the plugin tries to make the connection locally first, if it fails then it goes through the firewall? I am able to control events through Tasker on cell coverage, so it seems the communication is only one way. Any idea?

    PS this plugin is awesome.
    Hi, check that you have same password in both autoremote and device setting tab in tasker plugin.
    Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
    --
    Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
    Tonlof | Sweden

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by tonlof View Post
      Hi, check that you have same password in both autoremote and device setting tab in tasker plugin.
      Yep both the same, I cleared them and reentered them in again (phone and in HS plugin) as well as reentered the API key. I would think if the password was incorrect it wouldn't work at all? I can send commands from my android device through tasker to HS to trigger events, but cannot the other way outside of my home network.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Conrad_Turbo View Post
        Yep both the same, I cleared them and reentered them in again (phone and in HS plugin) as well as reentered the API key. I would think if the password was incorrect it wouldn't work at all? I can send commands from my android device through tasker to HS to trigger events, but cannot the other way outside of my home network.

        Before Tonlof gets back to you, can you try to connect with the MyHomeSeer service in the Tasker plugin settings on the phone. Or please provide images of what you did in the settings.

        Also read through this post:https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...=181106&page=2 It may apply to you too.


        Eman.
        The People's Advocate.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Eman View Post
          Before Tonlof gets back to you, can you try to connect with the MyHomeSeer service in the Tasker plugin settings on the phone. Or please provide images of what you did in the settings.

          Also read through this post:https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...=181106&page=2 It may apply to you too.


          Eman.
          I don't use MyHomeSeer as I didn't find it reliable. I have a webhosting package for my business and use a custom url to forward to a Dynamic DNS. My HS network router has the necessary port(s) open for communication with HS and HS plugins. I've had zero connection issues going with this route.

          I'm just not sure if/what ports I should be opening up for Tasker as I'm assuming this is why it's not working outside of the HS network?

          I just skimmed the link you provided, lots of great info there. I will sit down when I'm at home and see if some of the troubleshooting will apply to my setup as well.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Conrad_Turbo View Post
            I don't use MyHomeSeer as I didn't find it reliable. I have a webhosting package for my business and use a custom url to forward to a Dynamic DNS. My HS network router has the necessary port(s) open for communication with HS and HS plugins. I've had zero connection issues going with this route.

            I'm just not sure if/what ports I should be opening up for Tasker as I'm assuming this is why it's not working outside of the HS network?

            I just skimmed the link you provided, lots of great info there. I will sit down when I'm at home and see if some of the troubleshooting will apply to my setup as well.


            That's cool,

            Mark that "SSL" check box it gives everyone hell in the begining. So untick it if you are not using it and everything should be fine.


            NOTE: The Tasker plugin phone settings should refrect your DDNS settings with the SSL port if you gave HomeSeer one.

            Also if you are using Windows Server products am afraid you will have to change port number from the one listed in the HomeSeer setting because the server will not hand it over easily without a fight =====> solution is change it to something else.



            Eman.
            The People's Advocate.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Eman View Post
              That's cool,

              Mark that "SSL" check box it gives everyone hell in the begining. So untick it if you are not using it and everything should be fine.


              NOTE: The Tasker plugin phone settings should refrect your DDNS settings with the SSL port if you gave HomeSeer one.

              Also if you are using Windows Server products am afraid you will have to change port number from the one listed in the HomeSeer setting because the server will not hand it over easily without a fight =====> solution is change it to something else.



              Eman.
              I unchecked the SSL, didn't change anything yet. HS3 is running on a Windows 7 machine, I have had zero connections issues in the last 1.5yrs after setting up the DDNS. I read the "Online Help" within the Tasker plugin when setting it up, and it looked quite out of date. Looking at it again it mentions about a "Tools" menu that can broadcast IP to all devices. I don't seem to have that tab, is that something that has been removed from the latest version of the Tasker plugin? It also mentions about internal and external IP of 443? Does that mean port? I have port 443 open on my router since the initial setup and disabling it doesn't change anything. I can still communicate from my phone to HS but not the other way around.

              I ran the "Setup Connection" in tasker on my cell connection and it stated that it connected. However I have a feeling this is an issue with the plugin/router side of things, but there isn't much else I can change in regards to settings.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Conrad_Turbo View Post
                Yep both the same, I cleared them and reentered them in again (phone and in HS plugin) as well as reentered the API key. I would think if the password was incorrect it wouldn't work at all? I can send commands from my android device through tasker to HS to trigger events, but cannot the other way outside of my home network.
                Hi, could you open AutoRemote app and go the the logs (Letter icon)
                See if you have any logs there.
                When Tasker plugin send commands over cloudservice it use the password from hs3 tasker device plugin page and match the password set in AutoRemote.
                Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
                --
                Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
                Tonlof | Sweden

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by tonlof View Post
                  Hi, could you open AutoRemote app and go the the logs (Letter icon)
                  See if you have any logs there.
                  When Tasker plugin send commands over cloudservice it use the password from hs3 tasker device plugin page and match the password set in AutoRemote.
                  Sorry I was gone all weekend, family emergency that may be keeping me a bit busier than usual.

                  I must have turned the logging on in the past as checking in I do see logs as early as this morning when I left the house (connected to WIFI)

                  Received Message from Unknown: Text: "say=media=:=Front Door Unlocked"
                  Password:"xxxxxxx"
                  Also I notice on my phone that I see in the notification screen "Autoremote local connection - Can receive messages via Wifi" all the time. I can appreciate this if the internet goes down when I am at home, but is this possibly creating the problem when I am not on the home network? It tries via Wifi and can't connect? But it only seems to be for receiving messages from HS, not for broadcasting messages to it.

                  Also when I send commands via Tasker, for example: Variable Set %HSCommand to TestTasker. Which is an event that turns on a light. There is no log recorded in Autoremote...so Autoremote is only used for communication from HS to the phone, and not the other way around right?

                  If so then this is all related to an Autoremote issue not working outside of Wifi right?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Conrad_Turbo View Post
                    Sorry I was gone all weekend, family emergency that may be keeping me a bit busier than usual.

                    I must have turned the logging on in the past as checking in I do see logs as early as this morning when I left the house (connected to WIFI)



                    Also I notice on my phone that I see in the notification screen "Autoremote local connection - Can receive messages via Wifi" all the time. I can appreciate this if the internet goes down when I am at home, but is this possibly creating the problem when I am not on the home network? It tries via Wifi and can't connect? But it only seems to be for receiving messages from HS, not for broadcasting messages to it.

                    Also when I send commands via Tasker, for example: Variable Set %HSCommand to TestTasker. Which is an event that turns on a light. There is no log recorded in Autoremote...so Autoremote is only used for communication from HS to the phone, and not the other way around right?

                    If so then this is all related to an Autoremote issue not working outside of Wifi right?
                    Hi, Autoremote is an third part application that handle incomming pushmessages from tasker plugin. It's not used at this time for any outgoing messages.

                    Please browse to the url in you autoremote from you computer, enter you password and set the message to ref=0 say=:=test and then press the big button "Send Message Now" if you hear test you have a working connection, also check the live view log in autoremote if you receive the text to sent. If not, something is wrong. Maybe misspelled api key.
                    Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
                    --
                    Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
                    Tonlof | Sweden

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by tonlof View Post
                      Hi, Autoremote is an third part application that handle incomming pushmessages from tasker plugin. It's not used at this time for any outgoing messages.

                      Please browse to the url in you autoremote from you computer, enter you password and set the message to ref=0 say=:=test and then press the big button "Send Message Now" if you hear test you have a working connection, also check the live view log in autoremote if you receive the text to sent. If not, something is wrong. Maybe misspelled api key.
                      I didn't hear the message, but in the logs I got:

                      Received Message from Unknown: Text:" ref=0 say=:=test"
                      Password: "xxxxxx"
                      I got a popup saying:

                      "Error Task does not Exist: %ARPAR1."
                      I also tried it without entering my password and in the Autoremote log got this:

                      "Received message with invalid password from Unknown!"
                      So the password and API key are correct, I checked in HS Tasker to make sure the API key is the same and so is the password, they both are.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Conrad_Turbo View Post
                        I didn't hear the message, but in the logs I got:



                        I got a popup saying:



                        I also tried it without entering my password and in the Autoremote log got this:



                        So the password and API key are correct, I checked in HS Tasker to make sure the API key is the same and so is the password, they both are.
                        The API key and password is correct.
                        So if I have understod you correct.
                        When you are on homenetwork you can recive all task from tasker plugin, speech etc but not when you are connected over 3g/4g.
                        In 3g/4g you can see Autoremote message in log from the webpage but not from the plugin?

                        "Task does not Exist" indicate that you may missing any task or projects, have you imported all projects to tasker from tasker folder?
                        Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
                        --
                        Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
                        Tonlof | Sweden

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by tonlof View Post
                          The API key and password is correct.
                          So if I have understod you correct.
                          When you are on homenetwork you can recive all task from tasker plugin, speech etc but not when you are connected over 3g/4g.
                          In 3g/4g you can see Autoremote message in log from the webpage but not from the plugin?

                          "Task does not Exist" indicate that you may missing any task or projects, have you imported all projects to tasker from tasker folder?
                          I tested a few things now that I've had a chance to at home. I see all the commands being sent from HS Tasker and they pass through to Autoremote on the same home wireless network. I send a control to the device and it shows up in the Autoremote log. And looking in the HS log they state that all the "Plug-In Extra Data Object Retrieved = XXXXX" then "API = XXXXX". So it seems to be passing everything across.

                          When I on data (3G/4G) I send a control to the device and it doesn't show up in the Autoremote log. Looking in the HS log this again:

                          Jan-11 11:09:12 PM Tasker Plugin Error ----------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Jan-11 11:09:12 PM Tasker Plugin Error Connection Error
                          Jan-11 11:09:12 PM Tasker Plugin Error ----------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Jan-11 11:09:12 PM Tasker Plugin Error Sending local command failed: (192.168.1.xxx)
                          On my device in the notification screen it states "Autoremote local connection Can receive messages via Wifi" but it's always there if I'm connected to Wifi or not...

                          When pushing controls to the device by Wifi, some of them don't work or I might not be sure how it's supposed to work. From what I can see the ones that do work on Wifi are:

                          Vibrate
                          Record/Stop Record (although I'm not actually sure where the recording is being stored)
                          Home
                          Send HTML
                          Send Text Popup
                          Call Number

                          It does seem like I am missing some tasks such as TeslaLED, as I get an error when trying to run the "Flash X times" controls. I did download the "Setup Tasker for HS3" from the Google Play store and installed the files within...maybe did something wrong? I would think that would cause both local and remote control issues, but not differentiate between the local and remote control in terms of working or not.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Is this a port I have to open? Either way when I am not on the local network this error comes up:

                            Local IP address removed from tasker plugin, in hopes that it would not try to send a local command and not have a connection error.


                            Jan-13 10:47:43 AM Tasker Plugin Error ----------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Jan-13 10:47:43 AM Tasker Plugin Error Connection Error
                            Jan-13 10:47:43 AM Tasker Plugin Error ----------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Jan-13 10:47:43 AM Tasker Plugin Error Sending local command failed: ()
                            Jan-13 10:47:43 AM Tasker Plugin API = XXXX=
                            Jan-13 10:47:43 AM Tasker Plugin Plug-In Extra Data Object Retrieved = XXXX=
                            Or with the local IP address in the tasker plugin. Still the same error.

                            Jan-13 10:46:06 AM Tasker Plugin Error ----------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Jan-13 10:46:06 AM Tasker Plugin Error Connection Error
                            Jan-13 10:46:06 AM Tasker Plugin Error ----------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Jan-13 10:46:06 AM Tasker Plugin Error Sending local command failed: (192.XXX.X.XXX)
                            Jan-13 10:46:05 AM Tasker Plugin API = XXXX=
                            Jan-13 10:46:05 AM Tasker Plugin Plug-In Extra Data Object Retrieved = XXXX=
                            The plugin seems to default to a local connection only, any idea why? I could understand if it tried a local connection by default, having it fail and then going to an external connection, however it doesn't seem to do that.

                            Edit: I tried a Vibrate Control and then took a look at the Tasker Plugin log and found this:

                            1/13/2017 11:01:55 AM - DEBUG: Tasker SetIOMulti set value: 11->ref:775
                            1/13/2017 11:01:55 AM - INFO: Plug-In Extra Data Object Retrieved = XXXX=
                            1/13/2017 11:01:55 AM - INFO: API = XXXX=
                            1/13/2017 11:01:55 AM - DEBUG: Control String:
                            1/13/2017 11:01:55 AM - DEBUG: Control Value:11
                            1/13/2017 11:01:55 AM - DEBUG: Control Location:HomeSeerAPI.Enums+CAPIControlLocation
                            1/13/2017 11:01:55 AM - DEBUG: Control Device Value:11
                            1/13/2017 11:01:57 AM - DEBUG: System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out
                            at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
                            at HSPI_TASKER.Tasker.GrabUrl(String sURL, String UserAgent, Int32 Timeout)
                            1/13/2017 11:01:57 AM - ERROR: Sending local command failed: (192.168.X.XXX)
                            1/13/2017 11:01:57 AM - ERROR: ----------------------------------------------------------------------
                            1/13/2017 11:01:57 AM - ERROR: Connection Error
                            1/13/2017 11:01:57 AM - ERROR: ----------------------------------------------------------------------
                            1/13/2017 11:01:57 AM - DEBUG: Trying cloud connection instead!
                            1/13/2017 11:01:57 AM - DEBUG: Cloud Connection Status: Your key is invalid. Please check your key and try again.
                            I am not at home and doing everything via 3G/4G. So it is trying to use the API key but it's not working... There is no typo in the Tasker Plugin either.

                            Edit x 2:

                            I also entered my API key in a browser and put this as a message and also entered in my password:

                            "set value: 11->ref:775"

                            And it caused my phone to go to the home screen, as it should. So the API is working, there is connection between Autoremote and the API, but the Tasker Plugin doesn't seem to like the API it has been provided. So this is Tasker Plugin issue, not Autoremote or a port issue. Is my assumption correct? I hope this info provided can allow you a suggestion to fix this?

                            Edit x 3!:

                            I deleted the device from the Tasker setup, recreated it and entered in the API key. When I saved the profile the API key is a big long string of letters and numbers...it has a connection now! Not all the features work however...so I should probably wipe delete the import projects and reimport them?
                            Last edited by Conrad_Turbo; January 13th, 2017, 12:36 PM.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X