Tasker can no longer control HS devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tasker can no longer control HS devices

As the title says, HS is no longer responding to my Tasker tasks. I changed nothing. I can still control my phone from HS just fine though.

Where do I begin?
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Alexa is on the fritz, too. Something is going on.

Comment

Unrelated. This has been going on for weeks for me.

Comment

Anyone? Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can begin to troubleshoot this?

Comment

In the plug-in page, is the Tasker plug-in enabled?

If everything looks OK, just 'restart system'.

Comment

Yeah, the plugin is enabled. It can still run Tasker tasks on my phone just fine. The problem is with communication from Tasker to HS. I con't control devices in HS from Tasker any longer. I have restarted the system multiple times since this issue cropped up.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Comment

I have the same problem. Not sure yet if its all the time. But I noticed my wall mounted tablets running out of power. They normally turn on the power supply when they run low on battery.

Comment

So it's not just me. That's good to know. I do believe that there was a Tasker update recently. I don't recall if it coincided with the failure to communicate though.

Anyone else?

Comment

Running Tasker 5.1 on Android with no problems.
                  HS is speaking to my phone, battery level of phone is reported to HS.
                  You did not change your user login/password for homeseer?
                  Peter

http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

Comment

Originally posted by peterpc View Post
                    Running Tasker 5.1 on Android with no problems.
                    HS is speaking to my phone, battery level of phone is reported to HS.
                    You did not change your user login/password for homeseer?
                    I changed nothing that I can recall. Maybe I should just go through the entire setup process all over again.

Comment

I'm getting pretty frustrated here. I just went through the setup process again to no avail. The setup instructions are worse than useless. It references tabs in the plugin configuration that don't exist.

As far as I'm concerned this plugin is broken.

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                        I'm getting pretty frustrated here. I just went through the setup process again to no avail. The setup instructions are worse than useless. It references tabs in the plugin configuration that don't exist.

As far as I'm concerned this plugin is broken.
                        Hello S-F, if you run Setup Connection (Run Me) from tasker what messages are you getting?
                        Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
                        --
                        Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
                        Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

I assume you mean "Client Setup" Under HS3 Engine > Tasks? When I'm on my wi-fi network is just asks me for my HS login credentials. When I'm away it does nothing.

Comment

I'm going to bump this.

Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot this issue? If the functionality to control HS devices is gone from the plugin then it should be noted. If there is an issue on my end I would like the ability to track it down.

I'm pretty frustrated here and am not pleased with the poor support.

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                              I'm going to bump this.

Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot this issue? If the functionality to control HS devices is gone from the plugin then it should be noted. If there is an issue on my end I would like the ability to track it down.

I'm pretty frustrated here and am not pleased with the poor support.
                              Hi S-F, I have not seen any email or pm about this, could you share all the settingfiles. hs3_connection.dat, myhs_connection.dat, connection_method.dat, ssid.dat and change your own passwords. Thanks
                              Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
                              --
                              Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
                              Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Working...
                              X