Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there anyway to get rid of the Tasker Connection Errors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there anyway to get rid of the Tasker Connection Errors?

Everytime I issue a command I am getting the following error messages, yet everything is working fine. I recall seeing a thread at one point that this is normal? Is it normal or is there something else going on here that I should be concerned with. Thanks.

Jan-22 8:26:22 PM Tasker Plugin Error ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jan-22 8:26:22 PM Tasker Plugin Error Connection Error
    Jan-22 8:26:22 PM Tasker Plugin Error ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jan-22 8:26:22 PM Tasker Plugin Error Sending local command failed: ()

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
    Everytime I issue a command I am getting the following error messages, yet everything is working fine. I recall seeing a thread at one point that this is normal? Is it normal or is there something else going on here that I should be concerned with. Thanks.

Jan-22 8:26:22 PM Tasker Plugin Error Connection Error
    Jan-22 8:26:22 PM Tasker Plugin Error Sending local command failed: ()
    Hi, you probably have local ip and the phone does not respond on the local wifi request and use the cloud service instead. So no issue actually, if you only want cloud connection, try to remove the local ip.
    Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
    --
    Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
    Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

The local IP is removed - the field is blank.

The device I am trying to control is on the local network so should I put it's IP address in?

Comment

The local IP is removed - the field is blank.

The device I am trying to control is on the local network so should I put it's IP address in?
        It will always use cloud service if the android ip is not responding.
        You can check from any browser in your network to see if your device is listening for local commands by browsing to http://192.168.x.x:1817/?message=null
        If you see a json data string it works but if the phone is sleeping or doing something else it may not respond so test it several times with black screen / keylock etc.
        --
        Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Great thanks. I put the local IP in as it is mounted on the wall and will never leave the house.

Comment

I did make the changes below and I am still getting the errors? Tasker is working as far as I can tell. I just want to make sure I am not doing something wrong. Thanks.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by tonlof; February 19, 2018, 01:00 PM.

Comment

I did make the changes below and I am still getting the errors? Tasker is working as far as I can tell. I just want to make sure I am not doing something wrong. Thanks.
              What do you get when you put 192.168.2.90 for the IP ?
              You can copy and paste.

Eman.
              TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

I get the same error with 192.168.2.90.

i get the following when I try : http://192.168.2.90:1817/?message=null

{"communication_base_params":{"type":"ResponseBasic","fallba ck":false},"sender":"APA91b_Key_deleted_byTonlof","result":" OK"}
                Last edited by tonlof; February 19, 2018, 12:56 PM.

Comment

What I can see is that you don't have any dots in your IP address.
                  --
                  Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Did you see my other post? I tried with and without dots. Thanks

Comment

Did you see my other post? I tried with and without dots. Thanks
                      Sorry, I missed that.
                      You may test attached plugin, don't forget to make a full backup off homeseer.
                      Attached Files
                      --
                      Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Thanks - this version seems to have eliminated the errors in the log.

Comment

Working...
                        X