Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setup Question

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Setup Question

    I'm having a problem finding the 'Tools' tab, which I need in order to complete the Tasker setup. As shown in the image below, the image to the right (the docs pdf) doesn't match my setup.

    Did I break something when I set Tasker up?

    Thanks
    Attached Files
    Don

  • #2
    I'm on the latest Tasker plugin version (3.0.4.6) and there is no Tools tab. The Devices tab is the only one that you need to have to complete the setup.

    Comment


    • #3
      OK, thanks.

      The local IP address is suppose to be the phone's IP address, right?

      I'm seeing 'can not connect to Autoremote' errors in the log.
      Don

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by donstephens View Post
        OK, thanks.

        The local IP address is suppose to be the phone's IP address, right?

        I'm seeing 'can not connect to Autoremote' errors in the log.
        Hi, the tools menu is removed and not needed any more, as Rutger says all magic happens under devices.
        Localip is only for people that don't whant to use the cloud service.
        Leaving the localip blank and use cloud service will be more stable since many androiddevices turn on powersaver on wifi and the local ip is not reached at all times.
        Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
        --
        Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
        Tonlof | Sweden

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks for the clarification. Still can't make it work.

          Could you tell me where the debug file is, and how to use it to troubleshoot this?
          Don

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by donstephens View Post
            Thanks for the clarification. Still can't make it work.

            Could you tell me where the debug file is, and how to use it to troubleshoot this?
            If you are running the latest version you can try to enable developer debug and then execute any tasker command from hs3. Then I can see the log, then disable the developer debug to stop report it.
            Also check the log inside autoremote app if you get any messages.
            Have you set same password in autoremote and tasker plugin under devices?
            Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
            --
            Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
            Tonlof | Sweden

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm not familiar with how to look at Autoremote's log. Sorry.

              I'm including the log after trying to send a command to the phone from HomeSeer.

              I have to admit, I'm a real clutz when setting up this stuff.

              I appreciate your help.
              Last edited by tonlof; March 7th, 2018, 05:02 PM.
              Don

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by donstephens View Post
                I'm not familiar with how to look at Autoremote's log. Sorry.

                I'm including the log after trying to send a command to the phone from HomeSeer.

                I have to admit, I'm a real clutz when setting up this stuff.

                I appreciate your help.
                Hi, I removed your logfile since it contain sensitive information.
                It's looks like hs3 are sending the command, open autoremote and click on the letter icon in the middle, it should bring up the log of incomming messages. What do you see there?
                Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
                --
                Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
                Tonlof | Sweden

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thanks for the instructions to get to the AutoRemote log

                  2018-03-04 21:58:10.731
                  com.google.android.gms.auth.UserRecoverableNotifiedException :
                  User intervention required. Notification has been pushed.

                  Perhaps I've screwed up the authentication?

                  Appreciate you deleting the log; I forgot about blanking out some data.
                  Don

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by donstephens View Post
                    Thanks for the instructions to get to the AutoRemote log

                    2018-03-04 21:58:10.731
                    com.google.android.gms.auth.UserRecoverableNotifiedException :
                    User intervention required. Notification has been pushed.

                    Perhaps I've screwed up the authentication?

                    Appreciate you deleting the log; I forgot about blanking out some data.
                    Hi, try to uninstall autoremote and start over. Don't forget to update your new API into tasker plugin.
                    In next version I will mask sensitive info by having a checkbox in settings to enable or disable masking in logs.
                    Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
                    --
                    Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
                    Tonlof | Sweden

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Something interesting.... I went to http://goo.gl/XXXXX and could communicate with AutoRemote on the phone. Verified that address was in the tasker setup, but the plugin can't control the phone.

                      Went back to the debug log, took the http://goo.gl/XXXXX URL and verified that it can connect to the web site.

                      So, I think that the issue is between the plugin and AutoRemote.
                      Don

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by donstephens View Post
                        Something interesting.... I went to http://goo.gl/XXXXX and could communicate with AutoRemote on the phone. Verified that address was in the tasker setup, but the plugin can't control the phone.

                        Went back to the debug log, took the http://goo.gl/XXXXX URL and verified that it can connect to the web site.

                        So, I think that the issue is between the plugin and AutoRemote.
                        What hs3 tasker version are you running?
                        Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
                        --
                        Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
                        Tonlof | Sweden

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Version # 3.0.4.6
                          Don

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by donstephens View Post
                            Version # 3.0.4.6
                            Ok, could you enable Developer log and then send a command. I should be able to see your plugin log on the server.
                            Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
                            --
                            Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
                            Tonlof | Sweden

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Her you go, hope this helps.
                              Last edited by tonlof; March 8th, 2018, 05:13 PM.
                              Don

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X