X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck.

Is all I have to say.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

S-F - Thanks, I guess. I was hoping my day wouldn't end this way.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
        Eman - yes, I saw that. See an earlier post. The question is:
        Is it Android on one line? Or Android username?

Right now I have my hs3_connection.dat
        HS username on the first line
        HS password on the second line
        192.168.1.35:80 on the third line
        "on" is there on the fourth line

Then in the myhs_connection.dat
        HS username on the first line
        HS password on the second line
        "connected2.homeseer.com" on the third line
        "on" is there on the fourth line

Those are the only two write files I have messed with.

Suggestion??
        The hs3_connection.dat and myhs_connection.dat should not be edited manually.

You should tap on Setup connections (Run Me) then follow the numbering in the images bellow to edit your details in pop ups.
        You may have slightly scroll (swipe on the pop ups in order to see the input boxes) and also press the save buttons to save!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019_02_05_18.35.09.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	1282688Click image for larger version

Name:	2019_02_05_18.35.46.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	1282689Click image for larger version

Name:	2019_02_06_01.06.17.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	1282690Click image for larger version

Name:	2019_02_06_01.07.24.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	1282691Click image for larger version

Name:	2019_02_06_01.11.02.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	1282692

I hope that helps.

Eman.
        The People's Advocate.

Comment

Eman - Thanks! The key is #2, hit the play button. I don't think I've seen that instruction anywhere. I'll work on it and report back.

Comment

Eman - I think I have success, at least I see two success screens. The phone still says "No Active Profiles" so I guess I need to setup other things and try to figure this out.

S-F - I see what you meant. They should give a prize for the most difficult program to setup along with the poorest instructions. I expect that when and if I get it functioning, it will be one of the most powerful for all the effort I've put into it so far.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
              Eman - I think I have success, at least I see two success screens. The phone still says "No Active Profiles" so I guess I need to setup other things and try to figure this out.

S-F - I see what you meant. They should give a prize for the most difficult program to setup along with the poorest instructions. I expect that when and if I get it functioning, it will be one of the most powerful for all the effort I've put into it so far.
              When you start using it go here : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ul...lugin?t=174452 for some ideas you can modify to own liking. You can do things like automatically charging your docked or in wall tablets ...........etc.

The difference with it and mqtt client is that tonlof setup all the hard stuff. You don't have to stress much! But they are equally interesting.

Eman.
              The People's Advocate.

Comment

I am also looking for good instructions for installing and setup of the tasker plugin for HS3.
                The instructions included with the plugin do not reflect the version I have.

My first problem is that I can import HS3_Engine,HS3_Addons, HS3_My_Own But NOT HS3_Samples the error says HTML popup already exists.

My second problem is with the connection to MyHs I ran the task Setup Connection (Run Me) entered my IPort, name, Username, password. --> SUCCESS
                but it immediately asks for my IP again and the SSID of my router ----> FAIL I have a WIFI but Homeseer can not be accessed over WIFI. THIS IS NOT IN THE INSTRUCTIONS.

The instuctions say to install the tasker plugin with updatevrride,.txt but I just installed it using the updater.

Next problem: in setup on the devices tab it prompt for the Device name and tasker URL. It already has http://goo.gl/ populated here but when i enter my URL and save it tells me
                that the URL is misspelled ???????????????

The tasker plugin maybe a good piece of S/W but the instructions are very poor. I have spent a lot of time trying to get this setup without success. I will abandon this plugin until better instructions are available.

Tom

Comment

The tasker plugin maybe a good piece of S/W but the instructions are very poor. I have spent a lot of time trying to get this setup without success. I will abandon this plugin until better instructions are available.
                  I abandoned it. I consider Tasker more a test of patience or perhaps a study of how much abuse a human can take.

Comment

Working...
                  X